A plot to overthrow Germany (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    A big deal happened today in Germany.

There was an attempt to overthrow the German government. Q anon was involved, along with other creepy far right others. They wanted to overthrow the democratic state and install a creepy German prince from the old royal families to be their King.

Many of the plotters have been arrested and are in jail now. More are being rounded up to join the ones already in jail.

It's their Jan 6th.

I saw a little about that. It seems like a miniature version of our significant right wing issue. I would be willing to bet they get control of their issue before we get control of ours. Sadly.

I saw a little about that. It seems like a miniature version of our significant right wing issue. I would be willing to bet they get control of their issue before we get control of ours. Sadly.
    Germany has a far better historical and deeper understanding of how potentially dangerous, violent, insidious, and extreme far-right fascist totalitarian parties with eliminationist rhetoric and extreme nationalistic sentiments can lead to periods of unsteady, catastrophic geopolitics. Their was also a huge upswing of far-left, anarchist acts of terrorism, assassinations, kidnappings, and bombings from the late 60’s to early 80’s, it culminated in the Deutschen Aubend (German Autumn) terror attacks by Red Guards, Bieder-Meinhof Gang in the summer/autumn 1977. There was even an Ill-fated, aborted attempt to kidnap and hold hostage NATO’s Supreme Commander in West Germany, Gen. Alexander Haig by bombing a bridge his motorcade drove over near Bonn, Germany and kidnap or possibly kill him in 1978.

Germany’s history is full of aborted, half-baked, unsuccessful putsch: The Kapp Putsch, Hitler’s Munich Beer Hall Putsch of 1923 which nearly led to him being killed and nearly committing suicide afterwards while fleeing the incident(Hitler was prevented from blowing his brains out with a pistol by a young female American admirer), there were rumors in the late 50’s and early 60’s of a right-wing military coup by West German officials(many in the immediate post WWII/Cold War-era German politicians, military leaders, civil service were dominated by former middle-ranking Nazis, Wehrmacht leaders and commanders, one of the founders of the Bundswehr, Germany’s current military, was a high-ranking WWII military tactician who helped pioneer the Blitzkrieg Mobile air/heavy mechanized form of offensive warfare. His memoirs, Panzer Leader, sold almost 10 million copies when released in 1951 and has been translated into numerous different languages.

Many former high-ranking members of The Stasi, GDR’s dreaded secret police, had served previously in the Gestapo or RSD in the Third Reich or the Abwehr (Germany’s military intelligence service during WWII run by Wilhelm Calais).

In some respects, Germany’s very existence is due to rabid, jingoistic ultra-nationalism in the mid-late 19th century and by its massive, quick industrialization and Bismarck’s wars of unification against Denmark in 1864, Austria-Hungary in 1866, and the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-71.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom