9/11 Remembrances (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    Yes, I read that MAGA Republicans are going postal over his speech. Truth hurts, I suppose. He joins Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger in standing up to the crazy faction of the party. I know there are others, but not that many.

Yes, I read that MAGA Republicans are going postal over his speech. Truth hurts, I suppose. He joins Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger in standing up to the crazy faction of the party. I know there are others, but not that many.
    I can certainly approve of and commend Bush's sincerity, passion, empathy towards the victims of 9/11 terror attacks and how the far-right, white nationalist groups have the same intolerant, bigoted, vile views as the misguided, idealogically deluded fanatical terrorists who planned, hijacked, and flew those commercial airliners into the former Twin Towers on 9/11 in NYC or The Pentagon in Washington D.C. but in terms of political courage, continued determination and dogged persistence to oppose, stand up to hard-right paradigm shift GOP is taking, Liz Cheney, Kinzinger fights that battle every, single, solitary day.

I appreciate the sentiments, but George W. Bush hasnt had to wage any major political battles since 2008 and doesn't have to face the same, seemingly hopeless task of combating radicalism within the GOP and offering a more modern, moderate interpretation of GOP's policies on a daily basis. There are also some political analysts, scientists and insiders who've written some engaging, hard-hitting op-eds that argue that some of Bush's policies or a few higher-ranking members of Bush 43's administration had a role in directing the GOP into its current idealogical format, particularly Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz.

I can certainly approve of and commend Bush's sincerity, passion, empathy towards the victims of 9/11 terror attacks and how the far-right, white nationalist groups have the same intolerant, bigoted, vile views as the misguided, idealogically deluded fanatical terrorists who planned, hijacked, and flew those commercial airliners into the former Twin Towers on 9/11 in NYC or The Pentagon in Washington D.C. but in terms of political courage, continued determination and dogged persistence to oppose, stand up to hard-right paradigm shift GOP is taking, Liz Cheney, Kinzinger fights that battle every, single, solitary day.

I appreciate the sentiments, but George W. Bush hasnt had to wage any major political battles since 2008 and doesn't have to face the same, seemingly hopeless task of combating radicalism within the GOP and offering a more modern, moderate interpretation of GOP's policies on a daily basis. There are also some political analysts, scientists and insiders who've written some engaging, hard-hitting op-eds that argue that some of Bush's policies or a few higher-ranking members of Bush 43's administration had a role in directing the GOP into its current idealogical format, particularly Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz.

Maybe, but I'd argue Cheney was more the brains behind all of that. I suppose it's fair to say it happened under Bush's watch, but I don't think he was the guy who orchestrated much, if any of that.

Maybe, but I'd argue Cheney was more the brains behind all of that. I suppose it's fair to say it happened under Bush's watch, but I don't think he was the guy who orchestrated much, if any of that.

I always saw GB2 as being in way over his head intellectually and too stubborn to admit it, but a generally patriotic and well-meaning guy. Unlike his VP.

I could agree with that assessment.

I always saw GB2 as being in way over his head intellectually and too stubborn to admit it, but a generally patriotic and well-meaning guy. Unlike his VP.
    Always did too. I thought he was nothing but a figurehead to Cheney. I always had the feeling that Karl Rove made a 1 dollar bet with someone like on Trading Places where he could get a complete fool elected president. Which he did. Bush smiled and waved while Cheney ran the show, and we all know Cheney was about the biggest crook around. Since he was voted out, he is back to showing that he’s just generally a pretty decent dude.

Same here, I still think he is one of the worst presidents in modern times (unnecessary Iraq war) but I think he is at least....sane...and a decent person who cares about this country. If you told me how far down the rabbit hole that most of the Republican party has fallen today (back then) I would say No way man, like no way.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom