2nd E. Jean Carroll defamation case (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

zztop

Reaction score
    From the article, while he was in the courthouse, he was making disparaging social media posts against Carroll and the judge. The judge went so far as to instruct the jury not to use their real names, but pseudonyms. I can't imagine what it would be like to suffer from having someone send their army of online minions/zealots to enact retribution..

It is Trump’s second trial against the writer E. Jean Carroll, who won her first case against the former president last year when a jury found him liable for sexually abusing her in the 1990s and then defaming her in 2022. That jury ordered Trump to pay Carroll $5 million in damages.

The current trial concerns separate comments that Trump made about Carroll in 2019, while Trump was president. The jury’s job is to determine not whether Trump defamed Carroll in those comments — U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan has already ruled that he did — but simply how much Trump should pay her in damages. (Any award would come on top of the $5 million awarded in the 2023 trial.)

From the article, while he was in the courthouse, he was making disparaging social media posts against Carroll and the judge. The judge went so far as to instruct the jury not to use their real names, but pseudonyms. I can't imagine what it would be like to suffer from having someone send their army of online minions/zealots to enact retribution..

It is Trump’s second trial against the writer E. Jean Carroll, who won her first case against the former president last year when a jury found him liable for sexually abusing her in the 1990s and then defaming her in 2022. That jury ordered Trump to pay Carroll $5 million in damages.

The current trial concerns separate comments that Trump made about Carroll in 2019, while Trump was president. The jury’s job is to determine not whether Trump defamed Carroll in those comments — U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan has already ruled that he did — but simply how much Trump should pay her in damages. (Any award would come on top of the $5 million awarded in the 2023 trial.)
    It will be hard to avoid giving him the maximum (whatever that is) in punitive damages. All he has to do is not talk about her. Or at least not call her a liar. He can’t do it. No impulse control whatsoever. This isn’t a person qualified to lead anything. He just can not control himself.

Judge Lewis Kaplan warned former President Donald Trump that he could be removed from the courtroom if he’s disruptive following another complaint from E. Jean Carroll’s lawyer that Trump could be heard making comments during testimony.

Carroll lawyer Shawn Crowley said Trump could be heard commenting, saying things like, "It is a witch hunt" and “It really is a con job.”

Kaplan responded, “Mr. Trump has the right to be present here. That right can be forfeited and it can be forfeited if he is disruptive, which what has been reported to me consists of. And if he disregards court orders, Mr. Trump, I hope I don’t have to consider excluding you from the trial.”

Trump threw his hands up in response.

“I understand you’re probably eager for me to do that,” Kaplan said.

Reporters in the courtroom heard Trump say, “I would love it.”……..

Judge Lewis Kaplan warned former President Donald Trump that he could be removed from the courtroom if he’s disruptive following another complaint from E. Jean Carroll’s lawyer that Trump could be heard making comments during testimony.

Carroll lawyer Shawn Crowley said Trump could be heard commenting, saying things like, "It is a witch hunt" and “It really is a con job.”

Kaplan responded, “Mr. Trump has the right to be present here. That right can be forfeited and it can be forfeited if he is disruptive, which what has been reported to me consists of. And if he disregards court orders, Mr. Trump, I hope I don’t have to consider excluding you from the trial.”

Trump threw his hands up in response.

“I understand you’re probably eager for me to do that,” Kaplan said.

Reporters in the courtroom heard Trump say, “I would love it.”……..

He's going to keep being an interruption until judges finally do something about it. Warnings are useless. Either throw him in jail for a night and let him think about it. Or set up a separate room in the courthouse with a closed captioned feed and a way for him to communicate with his lawyers. To where he isn't present in front of the jury and can't be a distraction in the courtroom and constantly make a fool of himself and a mockery the court proceedings. Basically remove the incentive and ability for him to act that way.

I want them to duct tape his mouth shut. I realize they won’t do it— because he can just be excluded from the court because he isn’t required to be there. That won’t be true for his criminal trials, though, where I believe he is required to attend. And I remember some famous psychopath having restraints and his mouth taped shut years ago because he couldn’t control himself.

He's going to keep being an interruption until judges finally do something about it. Warnings are useless. Either throw him in jail for a night and let him think about it. Or set up a separate room in the courthouse with a closed captioned feed and a way for him to communicate with his lawyers. To where he isn't present in front of the jury and can't be a distraction in the courtroom and constantly make a fool of himself and a mockery the court proceedings. Basically remove the incentive and ability for him to act that way.

I have no doubt he's hoping to be thrown out maybe even hoping for a night in jail

I'm sure he and his marketing team and speechwriters already have some stuff in the pipeline just waiting for either to happen

I want them to duct tape his mouth shut. I realize they won’t do it— because he can just be excluded from the court because he isn’t required to be there. That won’t be true for his criminal trials, though, where I believe he is required to attend. And I remember some famous psychopath having restraints and his mouth taped shut years ago because he couldn’t control himself.

Bobby Seale was gagged, and cuffed in the courtroom; and "fell" while he was in custody when he refused to be quiet. He was removed from the rest of the Chicago 8 (forever to be known as the Chicago 7) and tried on his own.

That is what happens if you aren't Donnie from Brooklyn and refuse to be quiet.

Another difference is Bobby is a true patriot and as a freedom fighter refused to partake in their sham trial after being set up by everyone from the Chicago Police to the FBI.

Donnie is a true idiot that thinks he's better served by getting kicked out so he can scream witch hunt.

Bobby Seale was gagged, and cuffed in the courtroom; and "fell" while he was in custody when he refused to be quiet. He was removed from the rest of the Chicago 8 (forever to be known as the Chicago 7) and tried on his own.

That is what happens if you aren't Donnie from Brooklyn and refuse to be quiet.

Another difference is Bobby is a true patriot and as a freedom fighter refused to partake in their sham trial after being set up from everyone from the Chicago Police to the FBI.

Donnie is a true idiot that thinks he's better served by getting kicked out so he can scream witch hunt.
    Ooh, maybe that is what I’m remembering but I thought it was somebody like Manson. Obviously I was wrong about the psychopath part then.

I have no doubt he's hoping to be thrown out maybe even hoping for a night in jail

I'm sure he and his marketing team and speechwriters already have some stuff in the pipeline just waiting for either to happen

They're already doing that. Their whole legal defense is based on political messaging.

The judge(s) aren't going to change that regardless of what they do. They might as well keep order in their courtroom, whatever it takes. Can't let one defendant take control of their courtroom and act whatever way they wants.

What would it take to make him stop calling her a liar?

I'm 99.9% certain he hired her for her looks, and thats it.

"Somebody said to me, 'Alina would you rather be smart or pretty' and I said 'Oh easy, pretty. I can fake being smart.' I mean that's the honest truth...Listen, you have to be honest, it doesn't hurt to be good-looking in this world, in the PR world, on TV, it doesn't hurt."

Alina Habba, January 4, 2024

Here's the thing - you may be able to fake being smart on Fox News, but you can't fake being a good lawyer in a trial in federal court. Everybody else knew that.

My favorite of it all is that she told the judge she didn't like the way he was speaking to her. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom