Character flaws in a Christians weakness as well as others do (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

OneIsTheWord

Reaction score
    The Busybody, Gossiper, Nosey bodies, Idleness is sowing the seed of tares
    imagesCAESHQGA.jpg

Jer 2:29-31 (KJV) Wherefore will ye plead with me? ye all have transgressed against me, saith the LORD. In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction: your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion. O generation, see ye the word of the LORD. Have I been a wilderness unto Israel? a land of darkness? wherefore say, my people, We are lords; we will come no more unto thee?

Jer 5:1
    (KJV) Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof if ye can find a man if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.

Jer 5:4-5 (KJV) Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God. I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke and burst the bonds.

Jer 5:3 (KJV) O LORD, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.

1 Thess 2:15-16 (KJV) Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, they fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Jeremiah 7:27-31 "Therefore you shall speak all these words to them, but they will not obey you. You shall also call them, but they will not answer you.
    "So you shall say to them, 'This is a nation that does not obey the voice of the LORD their God nor receive correction. Truth has perished and has been cut off from their mouth.
    Cut off your hair and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on the desolate heights; for the LORD has rejected and forsaken the generation of His wrath.'
    For the children of Judah have done evil in My sight," says the LORD. "They have set their abominations in the house which is called by My name, to pollute it.
    And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into My heart.

Proverbs 24:14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul; If you have found it, there is a prospect, And your hope will not be cut off.

Proverbs 23:12-14 Apply your heart to instruction, And your ears to words of knowledge.
    Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die.
    You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell.

Proverbs 8:33 Hear instruction and be wise, And do not disdain it.

Hebrews 12:3-8 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.
    You have not yet resisted bloodshed, striving against sin.
    And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
    For whom the LORD loves He chastens,
    And scourges every son whom He receives."
    If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
    But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 Do not be rash with your mouth And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God.
    For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore, let your words be few.

Matthew 5:37 But for whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

The Busybody, Gossip, Nosey, Idleness is not discernment, it is sowing the seed of tares
    2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.
    For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.
    Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.

2 Thessalonians 3:11 For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.

1 Timothy 5:13-17 And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies, saying things which they ought not.
    Therefore, I desire that the younger widows marry, bear children, manage the house, and give no opportunity to the adversary to speak reproachfully.
    Some have already turned aside after Satan.
    If any believing man or woman has widows, let them relieve them, and do not let the church be burdened, that it may relieve those who are really widows.
    Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and doctrine.

1 Peter 4:15-16 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people's matters.
    Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.

Ecclesiastes 10:16-18 Woe to you, O land, when your king is a child, And your princes feast in the morning!
    Blessed are you, O land when your king is the son of nobles, And your princes feast at the proper time-- For strength and not for drunkenness!
    Because of laziness, the building decays, And through idleness of hands the house leaks.

Ephesians 5:3-14 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
    For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
    Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
    Therefore, do not be partakers with them.
    For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light
    (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.
    And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
    For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore, He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
    Top Bottom