Yang Gang MSNBC Blackout? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

J-DONK

Reaction score
    A producer who recently quit MSNBC has admitted to a blackout from MSNBC for Yang. This is the 2nd democratic primary in a row that mainstream media has been busted doing non-establishment candidates dirty.

A producer who recently quit MSNBC has admitted to a blackout from MSNBC for Yang. This is the 2nd democratic primary in a row that mainstream media has been busted doing non-establishment candidates dirty.

:idunno:

I'm not buying a mainstream media in general attack. I don't know about MSNBC, but I know that I saw Yang interviewed multiple times on other networks. I wouldn't be surprised if this is also not true. Why wouldn't MSNBC like Yang? His guaranteed income was one of the most liberal proposals, so I think he would be very popular among the MSNBC viewers. It doesn't make sense.

Fox could've done that to Trump and spared us four years of misery.

Are the posted dates, around the same time as the interview? The MSNBC producer notes are from 4/25. These are the dates from the youtube videos:

12/27/2019
    1/3/2020
    1/24/2020
    2/7/2020

That's 8 months after the stated blackout begin.

Last edited:
    I'm not buying a mainstream media in general attack. I don't know about MSNBC, but I know that I saw Yang interviewed multiple times on other networks. I wouldn't be surprised if this is also not true. Why wouldn't MSNBC like Yang? His guaranteed income was one of the most liberal proposals, so I think he would be very popular among the MSNBC viewers. It doesn't make sense.

MSNBC isn't very economically progressive. I think a lot of people forget they are a corporation. MSNBC isn't a big Bernie Sanders fan as well. Has everyone forgot all the crazy comments from Chris Matthews, and Chuck Todd?

Yeah I don't buy this one bit either.

As a tv show that is a business that sells air time yes they will want the duds not given air time.

If a person makes a name for themselves on the ground they are getting air time because they are revelent

It is plain and simple.

Just like that Trump in the beginning was great for viewers because we were laughing at him trying to sell cheap wine and meat. It is a business and that business is selling commercials.

If you are boring people switch the channel and that is not good for the business.

Are the posted dates, around the same time as the interview? The MSNBC producer notes are from 4/25. These are the dates from the youtube videos:

12/27/2019
    1/3/2020
    1/24/2020
    2/7/2020

That's 8 months after the stated blackout begin.
    OK,
    Apr 2019

Jun 2019

Sep 2019

Dec 2019

Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang has ended his self-imposed boycott of MSNBC by appearing on the network for an interview with anchor Chris Hayes.

Yang’s appearance on "All In with Chris Hayes" on Friday night marked his first on the network after he said he would not appear on MSNBC until it apologized "on-air" for its coverage of his campaign.

“Chris, and other MSNBC journalists, have reached out to me and the team in the past days,” Yang tweeted Friday. “I decided that I’d prefer to speak to as many Americans as possible - our message is too important.”

I mean, what's the big deal here??? I'm not going fishing for their coverages of other candidates but, it seems to me that there were many good slights on both sides. :hihi:

OK,
    Apr 2019

Jun 2019

Sep 2019

Dec 2019

I mean, what's the big deal here??? I'm not going fishing for their coverages of other candidates but, it seems to me that there were many good slights on both sides. :hihi:

From the article:

Yang’s appearance on "All In with Chris Hayes" on Friday night marked his first on the network after he said he would not appear on MSNBC until it apologized "on-air" for its coverage of his campaign.

A producer on the network states they had a blackout of the guy.

It's the same network that called Sander supporters nazi's.

The big deal? How about a pseudo-liberal company run by a very well known conservative trying to influence the democratic primaries to make sure no progressives ever win? That's kind of a big deal.

This isn't some crazy conspiracy theory.

Lack also sought to make MSNBC less explicitly liberal. Along with hiring Fox's Kelly, Lack de-emphasized several more ideological hosts, such as the Rev. Al Sharpton, and unsuccessfully sought to move others, including left-of-center prime-time host Chris Hayes. And along with MSNBC President Phil Griffin, Lack elevated former George W. Bush communications director Nicolle Wallace to become a host in her own right. She proved to be a hit with MSNBC's audiences as a former Republican who embraced outright opposition to the Trump presidency.

A reminder how anti-bernie they were as well:

So the big deal is that MSNBC isn't liberal enough? No longer are liberals/progressives are satisfied with MSNBC being the liberal equivalent to Fox News (which, IMO, they are not) they need to shoot for being the liberal equivalent to OANN.

Cool.

Last edited:
    I think there are hosts on MSNBC that are very supportive of Bernie, and others not so much.

I also think it’s not valid to paint an entire network as being of one mind, like this. Just my opinion. Seems like just looking for something to be aggrieved over. 🤷‍♀️

Yang is also on CNN all the time. I believe he was even on their payroll early in the spring as a “CNN political correspondent”.

This just seems like anti “mainstream media” propaganda.

I don't work in the biz, so maybe someone can explain what "don't pursue" means exactly.

Don't beg them to be on the show, but still book them? I mean, he was on MSNBC a lot. He wasn't black listed.

I wouldn't be begging for the 8th or 10th highest rated contestant.

Everyone on here saying this can't be right:

1. Yang's campaign thought it was happening at a time.
    2. A producer for MSNBC who quit recently has confirmed it.

MSNBC was so obvious in their bias it was lampooned by late night talk shows. They had not one, but two host compare Sander supporters to nazi's. If they are going that far with Sanders, it's somehow pearl clutching to think they would blackout Yang? I don't understand the logic.

All I see is well, they have the guys on tv all the time now!!! Well yeah, their guy won the primary, and the presidency. They needed progressives to come out and vote in the election. Of course, they had them on. That's not proof of anything. They also fired the conservative head of MSNBC around April of this year.

Here is a trip down memory lane of Seth Myers talking about mainly MSNBC in this clip.

Last edited:
    Everyone on here saying this can't be right:

1. Yang's campaign thought it was happening at a time.
    2. A producer for MSNBC who quit recently has confirmed it.

MSNBC was so obvious in their bias it was lampooned by late night talk shows. They had not one, but two host compare Sander supporters to nazi's. If they are going that far with Sanders, it's somehow pearl clutching to think they would blackout Yang? I don't understand the logic.

All I see is well, they have the guys on tv all the time now!!! Well yeah, their guy won the primary, and the presidency. They needed progressives to come out and vote in the election. Of course, they had them on. That's not proof of anything. They also fired the conservative head of MSNBC around April of this year.

Here is a trip down memory lane of Seth Myers talking about mainly MSNBC in this clip.

Yang was polling around where Tulsi Gabbard was during the primaries. When there are a dozen people running in a primary, and you're not in the top 10, don't expect much media coverage.

Yang was polling around where Tulsi Gabbard was during the primaries. When there are a dozen people running in a primary, and you're not in the top 10, don't expect much media coverage.

Thats true, so (if) this was actually happening, I'm at a loss as to out WHY. What would be the motivation for all of this?

Amy Klobuchar was definitely getting hyped up with little polling. Again, if people on this board think Yang was making it up, and the producer is lying. Go for it.

Thats true, so (if) this was actually happening, I'm at a loss as to out WHY. What would be the motivation for all of this?

To try to push any centrist candidate, MSNBC was run by a Republican at the time of all this going down. The motivation is actually the easy part to come up with.

Do you really think MSNBC never pushes an agenda?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom