Why it matters that Trump literally tore up White House documents (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

daimoku

Reaction score
    just going to snip this article right here

The article added that the Republican was “relentless” in tearing up documents, even after he was directed to stop by “at least two chiefs of staff and the White House counsel.”

The Post’s reporting, which has not been independently verified by MSNBC or NBC News, added that Trump’s shredding habits were “far more widespread and indiscriminate than previously known and — despite multiple admonishments — extended throughout his presidency, resulting in special practices to deal with the torn fragments.”

at first I thought this was just some kind of weird compulsion. But, now it's being revealed that documents were removed from the WH and taken to Trump's private resort in Florida. Now I think it's a combo if a weird compulsion and criminal intent.

Last edited:
    Yes, but what can be done about it? He knows that laws don’t apply to him because he has lived his whole life above the law. He often admits his crimes publicly. We need for him to feel the adverse consequences of his illegal acts.

Well I put this in the republicans had no spine to make him follow not a single rule ever.

I think this has more to do with his practices in the business world. Nothing on paper like a mobster. He never had a email for the same reasons.

Nothing to be done about it now for sure. It is a riot he saves the dictator letters.

Yes, but what can be done about it? He knows that laws don’t apply to him because he has lived his whole life above the law. He often admits his crimes publicly. We need for him to feel the adverse consequences of his illegal acts.
    Well...what can be done about it is pretty interesting.

18 US Code 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally:
    "(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be find under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and BE DISQUALIFIED FROM HOLDING ANY OFFICE UNDER THE UNITED STATES."

The law quite clearly says that by tearing up documents, burning documents, and hiding documents at his personal residence Trump is (by law) disqualified from holding office.

Interesting, but how often has this ever been prosecuted? Has it ever been? I must admit I am getting weary of hearing how Trump is violating this or that law and nothing ever happens. (not directed at you Monte)

Interesting, but how often has this ever been prosecuted? Has it ever been? I must admit I am getting weary of hearing how Trump is violating this or that law and nothing ever happens. (not directed at you Monte)
    I agree, and I don’t see it happening (mainly because no politician wants to risk losing their office when — not if — they are caught doing the same.

I agree, and I don’t see it happening (mainly because no politician wants to risk losing their office when — not if — they are caught doing the same.
    it would be the doj that prosecutes. But yeah, I don't see that happening.

now it's flushing documents down the toilet ?
    Good grief.

Remember that rant Don went on about how americans were having to flush their toilets 10-15 times? Yeah, well, his typical projections.
    yeah. I remember. He's such a freak that one. The cable news networks were going on all day about his toilet flushing habits last I had them on. At least, I presume they were. I turned them all off once I saw that was going to be the narrative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom