Who wins tonight, and when does the loser concede? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

el caliente

Reaction score
    I have Biden winning (I didn’t vote for him), and 3 weeks later Trump will concede.
    What you got?

My head says Biden, my nerves say Trump.

All the signs and data point to Biden. I saw a breakdown of the early vote in Texas and turnout in the urban areas is off the charts. In some cases, they are already at 120% of 2016 turnout! It's hard to imagine Trump winning with that kind of turnout in urban America (not just in Texas but across the nation).

So I'm going to go with my head over my nerves and say Biden, but I'm about as confident as a Falcons fan in the 4th Quarter with a 3 score lead.

Praying Biden and Trump never concedes

Even if Biden wins in a Reagan 84 style landslide Trump will never concede and will NEVER say "Congratulations to President elect Joe Biden"

He'll eventually say something and it'll go even further than his American carnage inauguration speech

I don't think we get a declared winner tonight, though all signs will point to Biden by the end of the night. The GOP will then file lawsuits in at least 10 states tomorrow attempting to stop all vote counts.

Trump is more likely to declare himself the winner than concede. If he loses by 12 million votes, he will declare that there were 13 million illegal votes. He will never, ever admit that he lost, and the more humiliating the margin the more he will contest it. The GOP power base will drop him like a hot potato and move on, so we'll have the peaceful transfer of power and what not, but he will never admit it.

I think Biden will be the projected winner tonight and we will hopefully be looking at a landslide.

I don't think Trump will concede ever. He will cry and drag it out as long as possible by claiming the election was rigged. His ego can't take that type of defeat. I doubt he will even be at the inauguration in January. They'll have to usher him out of the white house kicking and screaming.

All the signs and data point to Biden. I saw a breakdown of the early vote in Texas and turnout in the urban areas is off the charts. In some cases, they are already at 120% of 2016 turnout! It's hard to imagine Trump winning with that kind of turnout in urban America (not just in Texas but across the nation).

So I'm going to go with my head over my nerves and say Biden, but I'm about as confident as a Falcons fan in the 4th Quarter with a 3 score lead.
    I told myself I'm not drinking tonight..

But.. I also have a little under half a bottle left of Russian Standard Vodka and some ginger beer.....

My heart and head says Biden. My lizard brain (irrational primitive fear) worries about Trump somehow doing some sort of ninja trickery.

I am not sure about Trump and a concession speech. If it’s a clear, indisputable victory, he might just surprise all of us. He doesn’t really care about being president, as long as he can keep holding rallies and rile up his base, he’s happy. He will start up his own network and continue being a butt hole.

He sounded defeated this am on Fox, from the small clip I heard. He actually said he will only declare victory if there is a real victory, and that there’s no reason to play games. He sounded absolutely subdued. So, who knows? After four years the only certainty is that he could say just about anything.

Agree with the sentiment. I think Biden wins. We never hear a concession from Trump. This will drag out in courts for 2-3 weeks, and Biden will still be the winner but Trump never makes any speech acknowledging that.

Even if Trump realizes he's lost, conceding would be off-brand to his new network/grift scheme he will establish to continued to bilk money from his base. So it doesn't make financial sense to him. And that is the only lens through which Trump views the world. Honestly, he might want to lose because he stands to profit far more as private citizen/former President riling up his base than he does as President.

Here's my version of the question:

After Biden wins, does Trump even show up for the inauguration? Does he even attempt a speech that is anything other than ramblings about the unfair rigged election?

Saw this in a Hill article over the weekend, thought it summed it up about as succinctly as possible:
    “We’re all forking nervous as shirt,” one Democratic strategist said.

I told myself I'm not drinking tonight..

But.. I also have a little under half a bottle left of Russian Standard Vodka and some ginger beer.....

Biden and I don’t really give a s$it....

Moscow Mules are my new favorite, enjoy!!!!!!!

I forgot the loser concede part. Biden would concede. He cares about the country first. Will Trump ever concede?

It’s simply not in his psychological makeup. It’s the same reason why Trump could never acknowledge that there were Russian activities in the 2016 election - in his deluded mind, acknowledging that activity (even if he had nothing to do with it) was somehow admitting that his election was tainted. A more well-adjusted personality could have navigated that as a national security issue that did not bear on his own election.

He's already been lining up people to blame if he loses. He's already claiming the election is rigged in various ways. Conceding is tantamount to acknowledging he was beaten, and Donald Trump, narcissistic personality disorder, could never come to that position in his own mind, much less say it to the nation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom