Whistleblower alleges high rate of hysterectomies and medical neglect at ICE facility (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    A whistleblower who previously worked at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility in Georgia detailed a high rate of hysterectomies and alleged medical neglect in a complaint filed to the Department of Homeland Security inspector general Monday.
    Dawn Wooten, a licensed practical nurse employed by the center who's represented by the Government Accountability Project and Project South, stated in a complaint that while some women may have required a hysterectomy, "everybody's uterus cannot be that bad."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/15/...enforcement-medical-care-detainees/index.html

This sounds really bad... and again who protects these women from this kind of abuse.

I saw this, it sounds absolutely horrible. I don’t want to believe it happened, but if it did I sure hope we have enough oversight left to get this investigated properly and anyone guilty of this sort of abuse can be brought to justice.

It's criminal and heinous if true. Sadly, it's believable based on all the other things the Trump administration has done.

Man I can't even wrap my head around this one.

These are the same people that fight abortion yet to take a woman's entire right to have children is by far worse.

The twisted things these people have done has had me flabbergasted for three years now!

Mengele would be proud.

I wonder if the "pro-life" crowd is proud?

So this is a privately run facility, and they are denying the accusation. Oversight from the federal government should have caught something like this alleged crime.

I’m just gonna go out on a limb and say there’s got to be way more to the story than this.

A full-blown hysterectomy seems like overkill if the goal were to be sterilization. They could cauterize the Fallopian tubes or insert an IUD or sterilize hormonally/chemically with much less effort.

I’m just gonna go out on a limb and say there’s got to be way more to the story than this.

A full-blown hysterectomy seems like overkill if the goal were to be sterilization. They could cauterize the Fallopian tubes or insert an IUD or sterilize hormonally/chemically with much less effort.
    For some, unnecessary butchery is an essential part of their mission.

They can claim there was a medical reason for the hysterectomy beyond the woman losing her ability to have children. Even if it’s a lie, they can claim it was medically necessary. The other means, not so much, plus the last two you mentioned are temporary.

Was it just one person?

The filed complaint is mostly about the mismanagement of various types of medical treatment and covid protections, in which multiple detainees were interviewed by the social group. The CNN article makes it largely about rampant hysterectomy abuse. The evidence in the article basically consists of the whistleblower saying "everybody's uterus cannot be that bad." It appears to be a private facility with decisions made by hired medical staff. It also looks like 2 governmental agencies are investigating, so that is good. No evidence thus far of Trump's cult of female mutilating pro-lifers.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom