While we are all distracted with this virus... Proposed Gun Legislation. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe Okc

Better Days
    Reaction score
    Democrat Henry Hank introduced HR5717.. House Bill for Gun control...

• generally requires individuals to obtain a license to purchase, acquire, or possess a firearm or ammunition;
    • raises the minimum age—from 18 years to 21 years—to purchase firearms and ammunition;
    • establishes new background check requirements for firearm transfers between private parties;
    • requires law enforcement agencies to be notified following a firearms-related background check that results in a denial;
    • creates a statutory process for a family or household member to petition a court for an extreme risk protection order to remove firearms from an individual who poses a risk of committing violence;
    • restricts the import, sale, manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices;
    • restricts the manufacture, sale, transfer, purchase, or receipt of ghost guns (i.e., guns without serial numbers);
    • makes trafficking in firearms a stand-alone criminal offense;
    • requires federally licensed gun dealers to submit and annually certify compliance with a security plan to detect and deter firearm theft;
    • removes limitations on the civil liability of gun manufacturers;
    • allows the Consumer Product Safety Commission to issue safety standards for firearms and firearm components;
    • establishes a community violence intervention grant program; and
    • promotes research on firearms safety and gun violence prevention.

Democrat Henry Hank introduced HR5717.. House Bill for Gun control...

• generally requires individuals to obtain a license to purchase, acquire, or possess a firearm or ammunition;
    • raises the minimum age—from 18 years to 21 years—to purchase firearms and ammunition;
    • establishes new background check requirements for firearm transfers between private parties;
    • requires law enforcement agencies to be notified following a firearms-related background check that results in a denial;
    • creates a statutory process for a family or household member to petition a court for an extreme risk protection order to remove firearms from an individual who poses a risk of committing violence;
    • restricts the import, sale, manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices;
    • restricts the manufacture, sale, transfer, purchase, or receipt of ghost guns (i.e., guns without serial numbers);
    • makes trafficking in firearms a stand-alone criminal offense;
    • requires federally licensed gun dealers to submit and annually certify compliance with a security plan to detect and deter firearm theft;
    • removes limitations on the civil liability of gun manufacturers;
    • allows the Consumer Product Safety Commission to issue safety standards for firearms and firearm components;
    • establishes a community violence intervention grant program; and
    • promotes research on firearms safety and gun violence prevention.

Hey joe.

Why don't we just cut right thru this shirt and say what in this bill you actually have a problem with?

I can tell ya I don't have one problem with the person to person sales needing checks or the ghost guns being off limits.

Really don't have a problem with any of it.

Lots of stuff Moose...

First off.. I find it Ironic that this bill gets introduced on Jan 30, 2020. Right before we go into shutdown mode of the country with a Pandemic... Coincidence? It sure as hell is...
    It's almost like they were trying to sneak it in.

as to the bill itself..

Lets see..
    Raise the age limit.
    Require everyone to have a Federal Gun license to buy a gun or Ammo.
    Ban AR15's and large Magazines.
    Increase the Excise tax from 10% to 50% on guns and ammo.
    7 Day waiting period for the gun.
    Gun dealers are to Report every sale, item and the name, address of each person buying a gun to the Federal Government. And how much Ammo too.

And do you want the Federal government knowing all your business... How would you like it if you had to report to them how much money that you had in the bank and at home in cash?

All this just makes it harder on the average law abiding citizen.

What did the Mayor of Houston do? Just tell the Criminals to chill out.

Last edited:
    Lots of stuff Moose...

First off.. I find it Ironic that this bill gets introduced on Jan 30, 2020. Right before we go into shutdown mode of the country with a Pandemic... Coincidence? It sure as hell is...

as to the bill itself..

Lets see..
    Raise the age limit.
    Gun dealers are to Report every sale, item and the name, address of each person buying a gun to the Federal Government. And how much Ammo too.

And do you want the Federal government knowing all your business... How would you like it if you had to report to them how much money that you had in the bank and at home in cash?

A bill like this took months to write. This is for politics as there is no way the senate will take it up. All dem candidates will say they voted for it, during their election campaigns. Remember the 50 plus times the GOP had votes to take away Obamacare. Same thing. In January 30, no one thought we would be in a lock down like we are now.

A bill like this took months to write. In January 30, no one thought we would be in a lock down like we are now.

Yes.. I understand... But the filing could have waited.... Jan 30 it was proposed... and Jan 31 was when Trump issued Travel restrictions from China... So a lot was happening at the end of January.

This could have waited. .But it is so.. so over the edge with new regulations.. The timing of it all just seems so funny. It's just so radical. Almost seems like they were trying to slip it in before the chaos.

It's just so radical. Almost seems like they were trying to slip it in before the chaos.

So is anything beyond what Republican gun owners want (less restrictions, who cares who they effect) considered "radical"?

Yes.

Yes.. I understand... But the filing could have waited.... Jan 30 it was proposed... and Jan 31 was when Trump issued Travel restrictions from China... So a lot was happening at the end of January.

This could have waited. .But it is so.. so over the edge with new regulations.. The timing of it all just seems so funny. It's just so radical. Almost seems like they were trying to slip it in before the chaos.
    You do realize Trump doesn’t include Democrat leaders in briefings. He purposely cuts them out. I doubt they knew the restrictions were coming till a press release was made.

You do realize Trump doesn’t include Democrat leaders in briefings. He purposely cuts them out. I doubt they knew the restrictions were coming till a press release was made.

This isn't about Democrats knowing anything... I was just pointing out that things were starting to get very serious around the end of January when this was Proposed. Doesn't matter whether he told Dems anything or not.

Just very ironic to me that this got proposed at a period of time in our history that everything is in chaos and the Media and everyone is focused on one thing and one thing only.. This Virus.

But yet a Democrat proposes one of the most out there pieces in history of guns legislative proposals.

So is anything beyond what Republican gun owners want (less restrictions, who cares who they effect) considered "radical"?

Who is a republican here? Not me. But reporting how much Ammo I buy? Really.. Raising the Taxes?

Here's the thing.. I may support the Federal License... But does that mean that I can carry a weapon in every state? Or is it just more restrictions on me (legal Citizen) with no benefits?

As... The reporting of what I buy and how much to the Government? Like I said.. What if you had to report to the government how much money that you had? At home and in the banks? You'd be cool with that?

I tells ya... The timing on this is just too coincidental.

This isn't about Democrats knowing anything... I was just pointing out that things were starting to get very serious around the end of January when this was Proposed. Doesn't matter whether he told Dems anything or not.

Just very ironic to me that this got proposed at a period of time in our history that everything is in chaos and the Media and everyone is focused on one thing and one thing only.. This Virus.

But yet a Democrat proposes one of the most out there pieces in history of guns legislative proposals.

Who is a republican here? Not me. But reporting how much Ammo I buy? Really.. Raising the Taxes?

Here's the thing.. I may support the Federal License... But does that mean that I can carry a weapon in every state? Or is it just more restrictions on me (legal Citizen) with no benefits?

As... The reporting of what I buy and how much to the Government? Like I said.. What if you had to report to the government how much money that you had? At home and in the banks? You'd be cool with that?

Just like the timing on this bill, also introduced that day...

Lots of stuff Moose...

as to the bill itself..

Lets see..
    Raise the age limit.

I don't see a problem with much of it.

The accually having licensed people buy ammo is a great thing.

Let's look at it another way since you and I both ride motorcycles. Are you crying that the people have to be licensed to ride anything over so many CC's on the street? Look at it the same way that 50cc scooter is like a bb gun. Same thing. Are you now put into a data base because you own a 1340 cc bike? Yep sure are. You have to do all kinds of things to show america you are a responsible motorcycle owner don't you?

Then why on gods green earth do you expect less for an instrument of death ownership? I just don't get it.

Just like motorcycle ownership you have those stupid squids riding in fip flops riding wheelies on the hwy in tank tops. Are you all up in arms about them ?

About the large clip thing buy more! About the AR-15 thing buy used!

The age thing I have no problem with either.

Let's use the motorcycle thing again. The whole world except us has levels of bike you can have as a new bike owner and after a certain amount of time on a 40 hp bike you can own a bigger one if your record is good. I would be down for that. If you have a good record and not a douchebag you should then be allowed to buy bigger than a small caliber gun.

I would be down for that fix.

Joe you do understand that this is gonna change seriously in your lifetime? Too many idiots have screwed this up for guys like you. Be mad at them not the inevitable law because of them.

How would you like it if you had to report to them how much money that you had in the bank and at home in cash?
    Don't you file taxes?

You'd be surprised at the access the government has on an individual's banking information.

On Jan 30th, Trump was telling you and everyone else this was nothing more than the flu.

Sooooooo why wait when its just the flu?

No they werent.

They didnt get serious until late Feb/ early march.

Then why on gods green earth do you expect less for an instrument of death ownership? I just don't get it.

Joe you do understand that this is gonna change seriously in your lifetime? Too many idiots have screwed this up for guys like you. Be mad at them not the inevitable law because of them.

There are actually two different things with this thread... The gun law proposals and the the timing.. I find the timing highly suspicious... Just like the lawmakers that sold off their stock before wall street crashed.

That's the thing with me.. It's being targeted to guys that have done nothing wrong.

On the outside looking in. It is easy to say: "Yes, these are sensable laws that should help with our gun violence."

But simply put.. Its not the guy buying 1000 rounds of ammo that is robbing the store. It's not the guy that is buying the ar15 and a 30 round clip from the gun store that is causing our real gun problem.

If you take everybody that died in a mass shooting and I would wager that they would be less than 0.001% of all people that died from gun violence.

I have always stated that I would support a Federal Gun License.. But only if that allowed me to concealed carry in all 50 states so that I would be legal if I ever was pulled over by a cop. This bill does not support that.

Also the reporting of all gun purchases and ammo is the first step into gun registration since the make model and serial number is reported to the government...

I just have to wonder (and especially from the left) why all new gun laws are aimed at mr. legal citizen, but yet the support for the people that are to enforce these laws and take the gun from crinimals (ie the cops) always seem to get a hard time, being accused of being a militant police state etc...

Funny you mention the motorcycles. I never used to carry.. Until one time that I was not and I was riding my motocrcye to NOLA for a Saints game. and I stopped on HWY 3 in Texas around 1 am. I will share that little story one day.. Thank Goodness it is boring and unexciting.

On Jan 30th, Trump was telling you and everyone else this was nothing more than the flu.

Sooooooo why wait when its just the flu?

and the very next day all travel from China was restricted.. Jan 31.

Do you think the Democrats knew that travel from China was going to be restricted? This was weeks before any domestic restrictions were put in place. Why do you think the timing was suspicious?

Why do you think the timing was suspicious?

This is the largest and most drastic gun control bill released to date.

Can you tell me that the timing doesn't look suspicious? Had this bill be introduced a year ago.. It would be top news.. Blowing facebook up. All over Fox and every right leaning media outlet, talk show and newspaper.

But since it is released now, not a word is mentioned about it because the entire talk of our Nation, media and the world is Covid 19 and what's going on with that mess... Almost like it's trying to be slipped in under the radar.

i suggest you do some research on this topic.

There is a coronavirus thread here, started on FEb 25 that you were partaking in. And from the general early replies, from you, you seemed to think that it wasnt going to be that big of deal. That Trump had things under control and that this was more of a "democratic party" play to damage Trump.

Moreover, we had another thread on the EE board.

Wanna know when you joined the discussion? FEb 29th. When you posted that 2 cases were confirmed in your area.

So thats roughly 38 days from the start of that thread that was giving you all the info available. In that 38 days, your President made it a point to tell the American people that there was absolutely nothing sinister or dire about this virus and that it was no more than the flu. That the flu kills more each year than this. And that soon we will be to zero cases.

So forgive me if i seem indifferent to your calls that this is a "democratic ploy" or plot.

You, just as they, were relying on the words and actions of your President, and he failed you and everyone else.

ITs now known that intelligence had inserted pretty substantial information in DEc 2019 in his Presidential Daily Briefings. The same briefs he routinely ignores since taking office.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom