What's going on in Richmond? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score

I haven't been able to look into this, but stumbled on it. What's the story here? I'm not a fan of open carry in this way. That has never been the intent of open carry, that I'm aware of. And masks? Granted, it is cold, but still..

There is so much disinformation going on concerning Virginia's new gun legislation. The ardent 2nd amendment groups are going crazy. I've seen plenty of pictures of thousands of normal looking people protesting today. Not just the losers pictures above.

What's happening is in the last election Democrats took control of the legislative body and of course they have a Democratic governor. So, they are wasting no time with sweeping gun control legislation.

Pro 2nd Amendment folks are saying not so fast.

What's happening is in the last election Democrats took control of the legislative body and of course they have a Democratic governor. So, they are wasting no time with sweeping gun control legislation.

Any reason for doing it today?

Just sort of looks bad to do this on MLK Day.. also a day most government agencies are closed.

Any reason for doing it today?

Just sort of looks bad to do this on MLK Day.. also a day most government agencies are closed.

There's a reason and we all know what it is.

Same reason Trump announced he was going to remove the child nutrition guidelines pertaining to school lunches on Michelle Obama's birthday.

Have you taken the time to read what the Virginia legislation would cover?

I already hashed this out on the old PDB board w/ JoeOkc.

Quick question....are you opposed to universal background checks? are you opposed to temporary removal of a persons firearms if deemed " a threat" ?
    What about limiting hand gun purchases to 1 per month?

Why don't they show their opposition in the way provided by the law ? Sue the state or vote out the people who voted for this?

Why is it that some seem to feel that they are allowed to intimidate and break the law when it goes against what they want? The majority has spoken so respect that you live in a democracy!!

Are you ok with this behavior?

Why don't they show their opposition in the way provided by the law ? Sue the state or vote out the people who voted for this?

Why is it that some seem to feel that they are allowed to intimidate and break the law when it goes against what they want? The majority has spoken so respect that you live in a democracy!!

There are actually thousands who are marching without carrying weapons and looking like buffoons. The wannabe soldiers get the most coverage.

Antifa (Anti-Fascists) finally got it right and is supposed to be marching with the Pro-2A protesters today in VA today.

They believe gun control has a history of racist enforcement, which I believe is probably very true.

Maybe they should have elected more like minded politicians. That's what I am told whenever I say I don't like something the GOP Congress and/or Trump was passing.

Antifa (Anti-Fascists) finally got it right and is supposed to be marching with the Pro-2A protesters today in VA today.

They believe gun control has a history of racist enforcement, which I believe is probably very true.

Of course it's true. All laws in America have a history of racist enforcement. It still doesn't mean we don't need universal background checks for all gun purchases.

Also, just my personal opinion, but I don't think Antifa ever really gets is right. There just not always wrong when they say things.

Have you taken the time to read what the Virginia legislation would cover?

I already hashed this out on the old PDB board w/ JoeOkc.

Quick question....are you opposed to universal background checks? are you opposed to temporary removal of a persons firearms if deemed " a threat" ?
    What about limiting hand gun purchases to 1 per month?

This thread is about what is occurring today in VA. I really don't have time for a lengthy discussion on gun control, but I will note that for whatever reason you are leaving out some of the more controversial provisions of the proposed legislation.

What behavior are you talking about? I don't even know if any laws have been broken - do you?

I have watched some of the event by livestream and everything I have seen in that limited time has been very civil.

Maybe you can tune in and watch, assuming of course the EU will let you.

EOwlkaWWoAE1O_t

EOwlkaRWkAE8r4Y

EOwlkaRWAAYADk5

EOwlkaTW4AAXGcT

MY GOD. All these racist peacefully protesting and breaking the law. What is wrong with them?

MY GOD. All these racist peacefully protesting and breaking the law. What is wrong with them?

Let's give them all a cookie for not being racist today or breaking the law and for being on their best behavior. They deserve it for being true hero and Americans and for reaching above such a low bar! 👏 👏 👏

Sarcastic response, I know, but what's the point of applauding them with a sarcastic/antagonistic comment?

Let's give them all a cookie for not being racist today or breaking the law and for being on their best behavior. They deserve it for being true hero and Americans and for reaching above such a low bar! 👏 👏 👏

Sarcastic response, I know, but what's the point of applauding them with a sarcastic/antagonistic comment?

Because the narrative that the MSM and the Governor tried to spin was false and deserves to be mocked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom