What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Trump owns the GOP because that 32% is the entire base of the GOP, plus a few folks. The problem is it doesn't matter what your conservative bona fides are, you either spread'em for Trump or you're a pariah in GOP circles among the base.

We've never seen anything like it in American politics I don't believe. As a rule, we don't worship politicians. This situation is completely unnerving.

Trump owns the GOP because that 32% is the entire base of the GOP, plus a few folks. The problem is it doesn't matter what your conservative bona fides are, you either spread'em for Trump or you're a pariah in GOP circles among the base.

We've never seen anything like it in American politics I don't believe. As a rule, we don't worship politicians. This situation is completely unnerving.

Yeah, what's more unnerving is that this doesn't seem to be a temporary thing. The RNC has basically been owned by Trump since he took office, and the RNC has no balls to stand up to Trump's influence.

The Republican Party/conservatives love to talk about meaningless, undefined concepts such as “limited/small government”. They, in point of opinion, cannot define that particular pile of utterances because government is used to determine who gets what, where, when, how and why. Those who wield power all have interests which they must answer to. So small/limited government must be reduced to which stakeholders (read: lever pullers/donors) get what they want. While the Democratic Party has stakeholders to which they must answer at the very least the majority of the masses are considered in the calculations. The Republican Party must continually shrink the number of stakeholders in their calculations do to changing demographics and the failure of their belief structures for at least 70 years (the rise of Russell Kirk, Leo Strauss and Willam F. Buckley).

I wouldn't go so far as to say FDR had a Trump-like following but, obviously, he was widely popular. That said, unlike Trump, he actually had perspective and humility.

The article closes with this
    ===================

On the defensive, Republicans are trying to score political points by noting that Democrats, not Republicans, embraced racist Jim Crow laws a half-century ago before a major political realignment.

“I’m, for one, sick and tired of Democrats. They need to apologize for their history,” Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said on Fox News Channel’s “Sunday Morning Futures.”
    ===================

And I'm sick and tired of this tired talking point, followed by the every election year reminder that 'did you know Abraham Lincoln was a Republican?"

==============================================

NEW YORK (AP) — If the nation is in the midst of a historic reckoning on racism, most leaders of the Republican Party are not participating.

On the day last week that a jury convicted the police officer who killed George Floyd, Republicans in Washington focused much of their energy on condemning the longest-serving Black woman in Congress. In the days since, former President Donald Trump attacked what he called the “racist rants” of basketball icon LeBron James. And some of Trump’s staunchest supporters on Capitol Hill are considering forming a new group that initially planned to champion “ Anglo-Saxon political traditions.”

Beyond simple rhetoric, Republican state lawmakers are pushing forward with new voting restrictions that disproportionately affect people of color and are resisting legislation designed to prevent police brutality.

The moves reflect a stark political reality: As America grows more diverse, the Republican Party continues to be led almost entirely by white people, particularly men, who cater to an overwhelmingly white base. And despite fierce criticism from civil rights leaders and growing concern from business leaders who are traditional allies, many Republicans see no problem.........

===================

On the defensive, Republicans are trying to score political points by noting that Democrats, not Republicans, embraced racist Jim Crow laws a half-century ago before a major political realignment.

“I’m, for one, sick and tired of Democrats. They need to apologize for their history,” Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said on Fox News Channel’s “Sunday Morning Futures.”
    ===================

And I'm sick and tired of this tired talking point, followed by the every election year reminder that 'did you know Abraham Lincoln was a Republican?"

NEW YORK (AP) — If the nation is in the midst of a historic reckoning on racism, most leaders of the Republican Party are not participating.

On the day last week that a jury convicted the police officer who killed George Floyd, Republicans in Washington focused much of their energy on condemning the longest-serving Black woman in Congress. In the days since, former President Donald Trump attacked what he called the “racist rants” of basketball icon LeBron James. And some of Trump’s staunchest supporters on Capitol Hill are considering forming a new group that initially planned to champion “ Anglo-Saxon political traditions.”

Beyond simple rhetoric, Republican state lawmakers are pushing forward with new voting restrictions that disproportionately affect people of color and are resisting legislation designed to prevent police brutality.

The moves reflect a stark political reality: As America grows more diverse, the Republican Party continues to be led almost entirely by white people, particularly men, who cater to an overwhelmingly white base. And despite fierce criticism from civil rights leaders and growing concern from business leaders who are traditional allies, many Republicans see no problem.........

I think Maxine Waters got what she set set out to do. I'm actually impressed a bit by it. Lol.

===================

===================

Of course the GOP isn't interested in racial equity.
    How many states can you win (Senate or President) with 0% of the black vote?
    All of them.
    The only way the GOP will ever give a flying fart in a hurricane about minorities is if us palefaces force them to.

Didn't want to start a way too early 2022 mid-term election thread so, here:

It's Herschel Walker or bust!

The Republican Party certainly got some good (albeit expected) news today with the Census results being released.

Texas is syphoning off congressional seats and electoral college votes from some Democratic strongholds.

The Republican Party certainly got some good (albeit expected) news today with the Census results being released.

Texas is syphoning off congressional seats and electoral college votes from some Democratic strongholds.

yeah, just read about that. I wonder how much of an effect that ending the census early has had on all this.
    edit: I found this nice graphic about which states gained/lost seats

USA-CENSUS.jpg

Democrats need to get their shirt together yesterday and start passing anti-political gerrymandering legislation. Republicans will control the House sooner than later and at best we'll be back to absolutely nothing getting done.

The reason Texas is gaining is because lots of people from blue states are moving there, for work or otherwise. I don’t necessarily think Rs will be big winners in that scenario. If anything it may well hasten the inevitable change of Texas from red to purple to blue.

The reason Texas is gaining is because lots of people from blue states are moving there, for work or otherwise. I don’t necessarily think Rs will be big winners in that scenario. If anything it may well hasten the inevitable change of Texas from red to purple to blue.

They will gerrymander the heck out of the districts to ensure they are winners. Texas districts look like Picasso paintings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom