What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

This might be a lost cause for him. Of all the senators up for re-election to campaign against, I always felt that Murkowski might be the safest.

This might be a lost cause for him. Of all the senators up for re-election to campaign against, I always felt that Murkowski might be the safest.

He's also picked the wrong demographic, if Murk leans into it. She should spit in Trump's eye every chance she gets. Alaskans love them some mavericks.

It's pointless on Trump's part because Alaska now has ranked-choice voting:

In a tight vote that came down to about 4,000 ballots, Alaskans approved a measure to join Maine in conducting their elections using ranked-choice voting by approving the ballot initiative Measure 2.

Measure 2 makes sweeping changes to how Alaska administers elections. Instead of two primaries, in which each political party nominates a candidate for the general election in November, the state will hold one open primary from which the top four candidates, regardless of party affiliation, proceed to the general election.

Of course Trump is just doing it out of spite so whether it is effective or not is wholly irrelevant to him.

I don’t think this is a good sign for the Republican Party. It looks like Trump is basically saying “Send me all the money, nobody else in the Party matters”. I really doubt we have ever seen anything like this.

I don’t think this is a good sign for the Republican Party. It looks like Trump is basically saying “Send me all the money, nobody else in the Party matters”. I really doubt we have ever seen anything like this.

Keep it going Trump, the sooner the RNC gets a clue, the better off we'll all be.

Godwin's law and all but this is basically how the Nazis took control of the Reichstag. It truly is amazing how quickly the Republican Party surrendered to Trump. What's funny is I don't think the Democrats would have surrendered like this to Bernie if he had somehow won the presidency in 2016.

Godwin's law and all but this is basically how the Nazis took control of the Reichstag. It truly is amazing how quickly the Republican Party surrendered to Trump. What's funny is I don't think the Democrats would have surrendered like this to Bernie if he had somehow won the presidency in 2016.

It really is. I'm actually a bit worried that the Republican party will never recover until they get away from this Trumpian approach to politics. The party has to realize they're being co-opted by Trump. He doesn't give a shirt about the party. He's essentially turning it into his own party and lifelong Republicans really are in no man's land now.

When Trump went to speak at CPAC less than 2 months after the mess of January 6th and still proves he owns the party, I'd say we're pretty much screwed for at least the next 4 to 8 years.

Well, the fact that the Republicans don’t even have a party platform anymore is a really big red flag that they don’t stand for anything except fealty to Trump. Basically we are getting a lesson in real time how a personality cult can take over a party.

Can Ted Cruz get any dumber and more hypocritical?

Do you really want him to say "hold my beer"?

What this clown is doing at that hearing is the very definition of gaslighting and he should be called out for doing so by the Senate.

The Republican party is repugnant.

Do you really want him to say "hold my beer"?

What this clown is doing at that hearing is the very definition of gaslighting and he should be called out for doing so by the Senate.

The Republican party is repugnant.
    He got called out by Durbin for gaslighting on the floor the other day when he was saying that the Biden admin is sending stimulus checks to non-citizens who are here illegally.

Durbin pretty much clowned him. I'll see if I can find the video clip for those that haven't seen it.

Here it is:

Last edited:
    All I know is our current LA Senate delegation really makes me miss the days of Mary Landrieu. I was never a huge fan of hers and 10 years ago I'd have bet you $10,000 that I'd never utter those words, yet here we are.

John (Not That One) Kennedy REALLY needs to go. With Trump gone, I wonder how he's going to try to stay relevant since he no longer has a script to follow which he was using only to curry favor with Trump so Trump would let him into the inner circle during his second term. Since that didn't work, what's he going to do now? Just keep saying things on Fox that make all Louisianians look like inbred morons who actually stand behind and support the idiocy coming out of his mouth at that moment. Any/every time I see or hear that he's about to be interviewed, I have to brace myself so I don't get pissed off that this boob was able to win a state-wide election after being a lifelong democrat when he had (and still has) no tangible experience in federal politics. I honestly think he's going to find some other MAGA senator who's been in office for a long time and just say and do whatever he does so he doesn't always prove to be sooooo out to lunch.

He got called out by Durbin for gaslighting on the floor the other day when he was saying that the Biden admin is sending stimulus checks to non-citizens who are here illegally.

Durbin pretty much clowned him. I'll see if I can find the video clip for those that haven't seen it.

Here it is:

Thanks for that. :9:

Like I said earlier, the Republican Party is repugnant and there is no low that they will seek to stay in power.

Older but good article

And as much as they may complain about their current power situation in some ways i think they prefer to be the opposition party
    ================

......It was an unexpected admission from one of the party’s highest-profile leaders, five years removed from his stint as a vice-presidential nominee. With one unscripted comment, Congress’ top GOP lawmaker had effectively conceded that the modern Republican Party, in a dominant position in the nation’s capital, having controlled at least one chamber of Congress for eighteen of the previous twenty-two years, was not ready to be a “governing party.”

A dejected Republican congressional staffer, reflecting on the collapse of the GOP’s health care legislation, added, “I’m starting to think that while we’re pretty good at winning elections, we’re not great at the whole governing thing.”

Many voters have grown accustomed to the idea of a national competition pitting two governing parties against each other. One has a more progressive vision, the other a more conservative one, but for most Americans, Democrats and Republicans are basically mirror images of one other, each with an internal range of opinions.

The electorate has long had reason to assume that both major parties were mature and responsible policymaking entities, their philosophical differences notwithstanding.

The actions of the Republican Party over the last decade have made it abundantly clear that it’s time to reevaluate that assumption.

The current iteration of the GOP is indifferent to the substance of governing. It is disdainful of expertise and analysis. It is hostile toward evidence and arithmetic.

It is tethered to few, if any, meaningful policy preferences. It does not know, and does not care, about how competing proposals should be crafted, scrutinized, or implemented.

The modern Republican Party has become a post-policy party............

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom