What happens to the Republican Party now? (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

and if this was the stage at say a dental conference or a state spelling bee they’d get the benefit of the doubt

but for a group that has a serious nationalist, racist and nazi problem?

i’d be suspicious at best

at ‘worst’ , dead certain that it was intentional

until nolapse made the post I can’t say I’d ever seen that symbol before
if it was intentional it was by someone who thought they were being terribly clever

Yeah, I'd never seen or noticed the symbol before either.

Interestingly enough though, there were black and Hispanic speakers there too. So, I gotta wonder how they sleep at night knowing this crap is going on.

Oh man... and C-PAC is full of the religious types?

im-304910

This is why the Duck Dynasty guys and all these other fundamentalist who worship Trump are absolute frauds and, honestly, more sinful than atheists.

Well, they think Trump is the stubborn king of the West that is going to make his nation great again in the end of times, which will bring about the second coming of Jesus, as told in the book of Daniel. So they are hardly frauds.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it is the Republican motto as evident in this campaign against Rep Adam Kinzinger.

"It's time that we hold people like Adam Kinzinger accountable. They are not doing what we hired them to do. Instead he's using taxpayer dollars to go on all these liberal media shows," Lauf said. "He's playing into exactly what the left-wing media wants him to play into—which is that the Republican party is going through this civil war, and that we're rejecting Trumpism. He's becoming the poster child for that."
Adam Kinzinger's GOP Challenger Accuses Him of Using Taxpayer Money to Go on 'Liberal Media Shows' (msn.com)

Please convince me that this sort of attack will not work.

Lol, I'm pretty sure Mexico didn't pay for this either...

Now the artist behind the huge statue of Trump – Tommy Zegan – has revealed that the object was made in Mexico; a country that has been the target of much Trump racist abuse over his political career, and somewhere he has literally sought to build a wall against.

Found this on Twitter today. It has been very thought provoking for me. It’s an explanation for something that has been driving me crazy for a while now, and it seems to make sense to me right now. I have copied and pasted some excerpts, since it is a lot of tweets. A couple are linked if you care to go read the rest. Believe me, this doesn’t even scratch the surface of what he has written. I’m curious what others think, but this makes so much sense to me right now. That doesn’t make me at all happy, it rather makes me feel some despair.

“It's very important to understand, fascists don't just see hypocrisy as a necessary evil. It's not that it's an unintended side-effect.

It's the purpose. The ability to enjoy yourself the thing you're able to deny others, because you dominate, is the whole point.
To demand peacefulness while violent
To demand civility while enjoying cruelty
To demand honest dealing while corrupt
To demand unity while dividing through bigotry
To expect fiscal responsibility while engaged in displays of monstrous greed

Hypocrisy is the wage of the fascist.
So: while it is indeed hypocritical to claim to be "pro-life" even while demonstrating, in every aspect of public life, a casual lack of concern for the lives of other people, the hypocrisy is actually *the key selling point* for a fascist politician.”

“It's best to understand that fascists see hypocrisy as a virtue. It's how they signal that the things they are doing to people were never meant to be equally applied.

It's not an inconsistency. It's very consistent to the only true fascist value, which is domination.”

“It's why accusing Democrats (who for all their many flaws are not fundamentally fascist) of hypocrisy has been an effective tactic for Republicans, while accusing thoroughly fascist groups like Republicans of hypocrisy has been such an ineffective tactic for Democrats.”

“People who want very much to enjoy privileges that they would deny others—without even having to suffer the discomfort of being confronted with the fact that this is what they want—are attracted to a fascist politician demonstrating his ability to commit brazen acts of hypocrisy.”

"If this person can ignore basic laws of human decency even while claiming to be a paragon of human decency, one can conclude that this person could also manufacture a similar state for me."

Or: "he's hurting the right people."

Or: "he's saying what we're all thinking."

“The fascist politician is engaging in hypocrisy because his true moral principle is domination of others.

In so doing, the politician is advertising to fascist-aligned voters their ability to do this. The hypocrisy is their reward for themselves, and their proof to followers.”

“Once you understand that for a fascist, their religion and their God is domination over other human beings, then what Trump is saying becomes perfectly clear.”

“Once you understand that, you understand that standing in front of the church holding a Bible is not the most important part of this image to the Evangelicals who support trump.

The most important part of this image is the fact that he tear-gassed BLM protesters to stand there.”

“Tear-gassing peaceful protesters wasn't the thing he did so he could stand with a Bible.

He stood with a Bible so that he could tear-gas peaceful protesters.

Demanding peace while violent is how you demonstrate domination.

Hypocrisy is a virtue to a fascist.”

Another where the hypocrisy seems to be the point

And it’s not only democrats who see it, these are both Republicans. Or former anyway.

Matt Schlapp, the head of the American Conservative Union who organizes the Conservative Political Action Conference, is pushing back against those who said that the stage for the event that is taking place in Orlando is eerily reminiscent to a Nazi symbol. “Stage design conspiracies are outrageous and slanderous,” Schlapp tweeted. He went on to say that “CPAC proudly stands with our Jewish allies.”.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom