What happens to the Republican Party now? (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Nah. That's what they're building with these new strategies. I'm talking about the GOP legitimacy of John McCain Republicans and the like. They're doing everything they can to destroy the GOP that was built by people who (mostly) had principles, honor, respect for others on both sides of the aisle, etc.. They're turning the GOP that I joined at 18 into a populist embarrassment based on who can be the trashiest and own the libs in the process. That's seemingly their new platform.

Wow that is a great reply. I did not get it in your original post, but I totally agree with you. I remember when I liked a lot of Republican politicians. I'm from Washington State, and Dan Evans was one of our most popular governors back in the day.

Putting this here. I see Perdue has changed his mind about running for Senate in 2022. Does this leave the door open for MTG or, more than likely, Doug Collins?

Right-wing fraudster Jacob Wohl receives some bad news in his civil and criminal cases (dailykos.com)

Right-wing salacious-lie peddlers Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman got hit with some bad news on Monday, when senior U.S. District Judge Victor Marrero denied the two men’s attempts to have their civil case delayed until after their criminal proceedings are done. Saying that any delay in the case could harm future elections’ integrity, Judge Marrero refuted all of Wohl and Burkman’s arguments for postponing the civil lawsuit brought against the two men by the National Coalition on Black Civic Participation for violating the Ku Klux Klan Act.

Wohl and Burkman are dealing with a handful of criminal prosecutions stemming from their part in creating and executing a racist and factually incorrect robocall campaign designed to suppress votes in Ohio, Michigan, and New York. Wohl and Burkman’s attorneys have tried to argue that running the two cases concurrently would conflict with the mens’ Fifth Amendment rights. Judge Marrero ruled that that claim is “entirely speculative,” and pointed out that the two men had not had to reveal anything in discovery. More importantly, Judge Marrero explained that the sooner Wohl and Burkan’s trials were dealt with, the sooner our elections’ integrity would be one step closer to secure, as “Prompt resolution of Plaintiffs’ claims will further clarify the acceptable bounds of election-related conduct for activists, voters, and other interested parties, thereby promoting the integrity of future elections.”

The Law & Order blog points out that Judge Marrero has not been a fan of these two, having already blasted the pair last October, saying that the two men incited “fears of these grim consequences, but they baselessly tied the prospects to mail-in voting. The result cannot be described as anything but deliberate interference with voters’ rights to cast their ballots in any legal manner they choose. And the intimidation of individual voters inflicts harm upon the broader public’s interest in selecting elected officials through a free and fair process.”

So I came across this article about Jacob Wohl. I'd been wondering what was going on with him. When people like him are considered stars, voices, influencers, rising stars, etc. of the GOP, then the GOP has a serious problem. I can only assume he'd be part of that number joining the MAGA Party. (He better call it the MAGA Party, darn it!)

I do rather enjoy that they are being charged with violating the Ku Klux Klan Act.

These dudes still keep bending the knee.

How they appear to have become completely content with acknowledging Donald Trump, the Republican incumbent presidential candidate who just get shellacked after only one term in office, rather than having taken his election loss as the golden opportunity to take an off ramp from Trumpism just makes no sense to me. GOP leadership should have done everything in their power to decrease Trump's power and marginalize him and his insanity back to the deep end of the party that used to be the small minority of R's - not the half to possibly 2/3 of the party believing in and pushing conspiracy theories like it currently appears to be today.

How they appear to have become completely content with acknowledging Donald Trump, the Republican incumbent presidential candidate who just get shellacked after only one term in office, rather than having taken his election loss as the golden opportunity to take an off ramp from Trumpism just makes no sense to me. GOP leadership should have done everything in their power to decrease Trump's power and marginalize him and his insanity back to the deep end of the party that used to be the small minority of R's - not the half to possibly 2/3 of the party believing in and pushing conspiracy theories like it currently appears to be today.

I think it's because of the 74 million votes Trump got

If they can keep Trump's base fired up and convinced they are still in Trumps corner they'll come out to vote in similar numbers in 22 and 24

And without without the democrats fired up about ending Trump's presidency I think they think that democratic turnout and energy will fall quite a bit (that and making it harder to vote by mail)

I think it's because of the 74 million votes Trump got

If they can keep Trump's base fired up and convinced they are still in Trumps corner they'll come out to vote in similar numbers in 22 and 24

And without without the democrats fired up about ending Trump's presidency I think they think that democratic turnout and energy will fall quite a bit (that and making it harder to vote by mail)
    They are morons then. It's not like any of the 74 million people who voted for Trump would ever vote for a democrat so they'd get the MAGA support regardless just like Biden got so much support because people hate Trump that much.

So...CPAC, republicans and even some of the MAGA crew (who just chanted about hanging him) are all mad at Mike Pence for not wanting to be a speaker in front of a crowd who supported him being hung just a few weeks ago.

So...CPAC, republicans and even some of the MAGA crew (who just chanted about hanging him) are all mad at Mike Pence for not wanting to be a speaker in front of a crowd who supported him being hung just a few weeks ago.

I don't care for Pence much, but he's been making me want to like him lately. Thanks a lot Trump! :covri:

They know that Trump lost the House in '18 and then his own Presidency and the Senate two years later, right? They know there's been a wave of defections from the Republican party since January 6th, right?

How so many people can still love freaking Donald Trump so much is beyond me.. but then again I'm not the cultist type so there you go I guess.

Putting this here. I see Perdue has changed his mind about running for Senate in 2022. Does this leave the door open for MTG or, more than likely, Doug Collins?
    I'm sure some Trump-surrogate will run. Most likely Collins again who is Trump-y enough to forestall MTG from running. It will be interest to see if Brad Raffensperger gets into the race as the 'sane' Republican and if, in an open primary format, he can siphon enough independent (and even some Democrat) votes to make it into the run-off against Warnock.

qpac gonna be lit...

It's almost as if they are trying to get these guys to show up:

EN3ImH-WoAIFkzW.jpg

That is so bizarre. Honestly, there’s way too much going on there. It’s supposed to be Trump? In his underwear, wearing flip flops, carrying a magic wand with a star on it like Glenda the Good Witch?

This is such a weird cult.

Grandpa munster shouldn't quit his day job... oh wait, he did...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom