The Voting Thread (Procedures, Turnout, Legal Challenges)(Update: Trump to file suit in PA, MI, WI, AZ, NV, GA) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lapaz

Reaction score
    There is a lot of push-back from Trump on voting by mail, but most states allow it, and 1/3 allow it without any excuse. His rationale is that it will lead to vast fraud, but of course that isn't his real reason. His real reason is that he thinks it will be worse for conservatives, but studies have shown that states that have instituted much broader voting by mail haven't had any statistical changes in party voting.

Although, normally voting by mail doesn't affect party votes, I bet it might this year if we have another resurgence of Covid, because I think the right is much more apt to discount the virus than the left. I know that is why Trump is against it.

Whether you're left or right wing, expanding mail in votes is the right thing to do to reduce the likelihood of spreading the virus, to expand voter participation, and to make it easier for those that do show up to stay distant. It will also allow any people with susceptibilities to remain safer. I think voting by mail could be made extremely secure by having people vote using traditional postal mail, coupled with requiring a confirmation either by phone, email or text. If done by phone, then voters can provide confirmation that can include confirming their form number. If done by email or text, it can include a picture of their form, and then confirmation that that was their form. Rather than staffers individually calling people, this can be automated by having voters call the number, text the number, or email the address provided to them on their form. A website can even be created with a database of those that have voted, and perhaps a link to allow people to confirm their vote was correctly registered. For people without computers, a site can include a means to access the database over the phone with some confirmation information. These types of systems are used extensively by banks and other sites that need security, so I think they are mature enough to use. We could even use such a site for people to confirm their vote on the day of the election.

I’m sure Barr will proceed with no questions asked even though he doesn’t take his orders from Trump. His testimony last week was pitiful.
    I'm guessing you didn't see any of his testimony. It was an embarrassing performance by the Democrats with their childish routine of asking Barr a loaded question and as soon as he talked they said reclaiming my time so he couldn't answer the question. One Democratic Congressman even slipped up and let their plan be known by saying Barr would be able to answer the questions after the hearing was over.

Last edited:
    There does seem to be a difference between the normal absentee ballots and and entire election with voting through the mail in regards the chance for fraud. Wouldn't it be easier for someone to steal ballots if they know they are being mailed out to every address as opposed to absentee ballots which only go out to some people?

These recent elections by mail haven't gone well:

I'm guessing you didn't see any of his testimony. It was an embarrassing performance by the Democrats with their childish routine of asking Barr a loaded question and as soon as he talked they said reclaiming my time so he couldn't answer the question. One Democratic Congressman even slipped up and let their plan be known by saying Barr would be able to answer the questions after the hearing was over.

100% committed to the lie. You watched a completely different hearing than the rest of the people who saw Barr tiptoe around perjury and give nonsensical answers to yes or no questions. Barr couldn't even answer the most basic question about election interference truthfully without being forced to. 100% committed to the lie.

100% committed to the lie. You watched a completely different hearing than the rest of the people who saw Barr tiptoe around perjury and give nonsensical answers to yes or no questions. Barr couldn't even answer the most basic question about election interference truthfully without being forced to. 100% committed to the lie.
    What did you think about the Democrats strategy of repeatedly claiming they were reclaiming their time so Barr couldn't answer their questions?

I saw it and it's no worse than the sham Republicans put on during the impeachment hearings.

Still, that's a nonsensical edit that does not show him refusing to actually address or answer the questions. Not surprising given the source.

What did you think about the Democrats strategy of repeatedly claiming they were reclaiming their time so Barr couldn't answer their questions?
    Why do you think Barr when asked whether it's ever appropriate to accept or solicit foreign election assistance, (a clear yes or no question with the appropriate answer being "No"), Barr couldn't answer the first time with the correct answer that anyone who just passed the bar exam could answer? He had to be forced to give the only answer that didn't violate the law. He's a lawyer and the AG of the country fyi.....

There is no more chance for voter fraud for mail-in vs absentee, that is dumb.

who exactly is going to go around to mailboxes and take them? And in a quantity that would actually matter? Or maybe you think the postal service is part of the Deep State too?

We have had 100% mail in here in Oregon FOR YEARS and have had (compared to rest of US) incredibly high turn out - especially in local elections like the one I just got a ballot for and I didn’t even know there was a vote for a vacant Commissioner seat. But since they mailed me the ballot, a Bio submitted by each candidate with any endorsements they wish to share. I was able to vote with an educated opinion and it took 5minutes.

Oh now it get it. That is counter to republican platform.

Why do you think Barr when asked whether it's ever appropriate to accept or solicit foreign election assistance, (a clear yes or no question with the appropriate answer being "No"), Barr couldn't answer the first time with the correct answer that anyone who just passed the bar exam could answer? He had to be forced to give the only answer that didn't violate the law. He's a lawyer and the AG of the country fyi.....
    They should have asked Barr about this:

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe to the east, Russia. But they were far less concerted or centrally directed than Russia’s alleged hacking and dissemination of Democratic emails.

They should have asked Barr about this:

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe to the east, Russia. But they were far less concerted or centrally directed than Russia’s alleged hacking and dissemination of Democratic emails.

So you don't have an answer. I understand. You asked a question that was answered very succinctly --- Barr was trying to filibuster and wasn't allowed to. You were then asked a question about Barr's inability to answer a simple question. Your response was to ignore the question and post something completely irrelevant to the discussion. How do you expect to be taken seriously when you continue to do this type of stuff?

Last edited:
    There is no more chance for voter fraud for mail-in vs absentee, that is dumb.

who exactly is going to go around to mailboxes and take them? And in a quantity that would actually matter? Or maybe you think the postal service is part of the Deep State too?

We have had 100% mail in here in Oregon FOR YEARS and have had (compared to rest of US) incredibly high turn out - especially in local elections like the one I just got a ballot for and I didn’t even know there was a vote for a vacant Commissioner seat. But since they mailed me the ballot, a Bio submitted by each candidate with any endorsements they wish to share. I was able to vote with an educated opinion and it took 5minutes.

Oh now it get it. That is counter to republican platform.
    If millions of people can protest with Covid going on, then we should be able to find a safe way for people to vote in person.

I was following your lead since you didn't answer my question.
    dtc answered your absurd question.

He was filibustering. They stopped him.

You weren't following my lead. You were doing what you do. You didn't have an answer that didn't make you look completely ridiculous so you simply ignored the question and posted more garbage. This is what you do. Everyone can see it.

So you don't have an answer. I understand. You asked a question that was answered very succinctly --- Barr was trying to filibuster and wasn't allowed to. You were then asked a question about Barr's inability to answer a simple question. Your response was to ignore the question and post something completely irrelevant to the discussion. How do you expect to be taken seriously when you continue to do this type of stuff?
    I see you edited your post after I had already made mine. It's laughable that Barr was trying to filibuster. The democrats strategy was very obvious from the start that they wanted to make accusations and not allow Barr to answer the questions. Maybe I missed the parts where he was filibustering. Can you post any video clips showing his supposed filibustering?

My post about the DNC getting help was totally relevant considering that it was you who brought up the question Barr was asked about foreign election interference. I posted an example of the Democrats getting foreign election interference. Another example of foreign election interference is the Democrats paying for a dossier that was complied by an Steele who was in the UK and claimed he had Russian sources which turned out to be false.

If, should, and can shouldn’t be words associated with our Constitutional rights.

You don’t have any discernible reason why mail-in voting is a bad idea, other than it means your party gets complete washed out when more people have access to votes.

Why do you support voter suppression?

I see you edited your post after I had already made mine. It's laughable that Barr was trying to filibuster. The democrats strategy was very obvious from the start that they wanted to make accusations and not allow Barr to answer the questions. Maybe I missed the parts where he was filibustering. Can you post any video clips showing his supposed filibustering?

My post about the DNC getting help was totally relevant considering that it was you who brought up the question Barr was asked about foreign election interference. I posted an example of the Democrats getting foreign election interference. Another example of foreign election interference is the Democrats paying for a dossier that was complied by an Steele who was in the UK and claimed he had Russian sources which turned out to be false.
    Why couldn't Barr answer the question with the correct response the first time?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom