Vice-Presidential Debate (Wednesday, 10/7/2020) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    The VP debate between Pence and Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris is slated for Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT) at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

The debate will run for 90 minutes and comprise nine 10-minute segments with no commercial breaks. Susan Page, USA Today's Washington bureau chief, will moderate. Pence and Harris will be seated for the debate and positioned 12 feet apart.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/vice-presidential-debate-2020-how-to-watch-pence-vs-harris-debate-live/

So the debate commission has said that there will be a clear plexiglass divider to protect the candidates and the moderators.

Pence, even though he says he currently tests negative, was at the apparent super spreader event for Barrett. His statement from his physician that he hasn’t been exposed is patently false. We have pictures of him at the event.

Now, Pence is saying he won’t accept a divider. Why have that stance? What would it hurt?

So the debate commission has said that there will be a clear plexiglass divider to protect the candidates and the moderators.

Pence, even though he says he currently tests negative, was at the apparent super spreader event for Barrett. His statement from his physician that he hasn’t been exposed is patently false. We have pictures of him at the event.

Now, Pence is saying he won’t accept a divider. Why have that stance? What would it hurt?

Ridiculous. Harris should back out if that's how they want to play it.

Pence is being ridiculous. Just accept the divider and do the debate. There's no point in arguing over this.

Unlike Biden I think Kamala will come ready with a retort for the handful of Trumpian talking points Pence will spew. She’s going to body him.
    Kamala has let me down a few times before. I'm worried she'll be over prepared in some areas, and not for whatever crap he'll throw out there, then she'll stumble.

We'll see.

He may be crapping the bed about this debate. He knows he can’t legitimately defend the president’s actions and words.

He may be crapping the bed about this debate. He knows he can’t legitimately defend the president’s actions and words.

I agree. I think he realizes that Trump has put him in an incredibly tough spot by acting like an unhinged fool. I wouldn't want to defend my boss if he was acting like that, and I wouldn't want him to see me not defending him.

I agree. I think he realizes that Trump has put him in an incredibly tough spot by acting like an unhinged fool. I wouldn't want to defend my boss if he was acting like that, and I wouldn't want him to see me not defending him.

thats exactly whats happening. This is his out. 70% of the country sees it for what it is...the other 30% that make up their "base" will buy it.

It doesnt matter...if im Harris, I not only go on with, i bring my own, smaller, individual divider, and dare him to walk off stage in front of millions of Americans tuning in.

I found this part funny:

The Trump campaign has also resisted a request by the Biden campaign that both candidates stand during the debate. The current plan has them sitting at separate tables.

Wasn't it Trump's crew that said Sleepy Joe couldn't stand throughout an entire debate? Anyway, this is fine. Let Trump sit in his chair slouched over while Biden stands up the majority of the time.

I found this part funny:

Wasn't it Trump's crew that said Sleepy Joe couldn't stand throughout an entire debate? Anyway, this is fine. Let Trump sit in his chair slouched over while Biden stands up the majority of the time.

Biden looked fine on his feet most of last night, even dodging the camera guy a few times when he blocked his view of the person he was talking to. I think it's a little underhanded to try and make the overweight guy recovering from COVID stand for 1.5 hours, but it's a smart tactic. I'll give them a simultaneous tip of the hat and wag of the finger. :cool:

It is a physical reminder on the stage of the administration's complete failure to manage the pandemic and he was/is the leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force. It hurts Pence's desire to pretend that the pandemic doesn't exist and that he endangers the health of the entire country on a daily basis.

Shouldn't Pence be quarantined anyway? Why does this even need to be in person?

Three reasons for this position:
    1. Optics - The barrier is a 90 min reminder of how Trump’s Covid response has been a failure.
    2. Harris backs out - Trump can say Dems are afraid to debate, win by default.
    3. Pence is afraid - I don’t think Pence wants to debate.
    You hear Rs talking about Biden/Harris backing out because they are projecting their wishes. Pence doesn’t want to do 90 minutes where Covid and economy will be at least 30% of the topics when Trump is sick and just tanked negations.

Three reasons for this position:
    1. Optics - The barrier is a 90 min reminder of how Trump’s Covid response has been a failure.
    2. Harris backs out - Trump can say Dems are afraid to debate, win by default.
    3. Pence is afraid - I don’t think Pence wants to debate.
    You hear Rs talking about Biden/Harris backing out because they are projecting their wishes. Pence doesn’t want to do 90 minutes where Covid and economy will be at least 30% of the topics when Trump is sick and just tanked negations.

I think the article adds another - the precedent that will be set for the remaining Biden/Trump debates. Fair Leader will be fuming if he has to have plexiglass surround him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom