Various Trump support organizations to march in DC this weekend (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Under various recently-organized titles, Million MAGA March, Stop the Steal, and others, Trump supporters are planning to rally in support of Trump (for what specific purpose is likely in the eye of the beholder). The first is scheduled for tomorrow at noon EST at Freedom Plaza, about three blocks from the White House.

Concerns about extremists joining them are growing, along with concerns about opposing groups and anti-facists.

Another very real concern is if things do get rough, will federal law enforcement (integral to law enforcement in that part of DC) leave it to DC to handle?

It will depend on if anyone confronts them or not. If they don't have anyone to face - no police brigades or counter-protestors, they'll stay peaceful, IMO.

Someone tweeted a Park Service estimate was 11,000. If that’s correct that’s really meh.

I saw tweets that other cities had underwhelming numbers as well.

if they were hoping for a show of overwhelming numbers, they didn’t get it. IMO.

Someone tweeted a Park Service estimate was 11,000. If that’s correct that’s really meh.

I saw tweets that other cities had underwhelming numbers as well.

if they were hoping for a show of overwhelming numbers, they didn’t get it. IMO.

Yeah, I think a combination of Covid and the near certainty of Biden being elected affected turnout for the march. I also believe more are beginning to see the writing on the wall that Trump is done and maybe (wishful thinking?) they're finally coming to their senses. I don't have much hope, but it's something.

Yeah, I think a combination of Covid and the near certainty of Biden being elected affected turnout for the march. I also believe more are beginning to see the writing on the wall that Trump is done and maybe (wishful thinking?) they're finally coming to their senses. I don't have much hope, but it's something.
    nah, it tracks with his inauguration and rallies and confederate statue counter-protests - just a handful of the disaffected

I don’t think counter protests are helpful no matter which side is doing it.

BLM should not have been in DC today, and Trump supporters shouldn’t be showing up at BLM protests.

Extremism is our greatest enemy. Dueling protests is only one step away from violent conflict.

Last edited:
    Looks like a few arrests were made. Lewandowski is a tool, lol.

Mostly, it appears, the police were “hands off” which probably contributed to the small number of arrests. It also begs the question about the relatively more aggressive police responses to BLM marches. This one had vandalism and trespassing, so it’s not like they were better behaved.

E5956451-433D-45A2-BE60-FACDAAC9E897.jpeg

3BB596AF-60E2-4CCC-A89C-B22952C18185.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom