TV Doctors Hand Out Bad Medicine (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

surada

Reaction score
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/tv...il-mcgraw-drew-pinsky-coronavirus-1234583694/
    Don't know about you all. but I don't take medical advice from TV doctors or aging game show hosts.

TV doctors Oz and Phil explaining controversial Fox ...
    abcnews.go.com › Entertainment › wireStory › dr-oz-...

23 hours ago - Two television doctorsDr. Oz and Dr. Phil — find themselves trying to explain comments made on Fox News Channel about the coronavirus.

TV Doctors Hand Out Bad Medicine During Coronavirus ...
    variety.com › tv › news › tv-doctors-mehmet-oz-phil-...

21 hours ago - Fox News Channel has in recent weeks added medical contributors Dr. Martin Makary, a professor of surgery at Johns Hopkins and Dr. Janette ...

I am speaking of yellow fever, measles, and yes, the Spanish flu which, by virtue of the number of deaths (est. 195,000) vis a vis the population at the time ( about 100,000,000 ), and considering the state of healthcare in the 1910's, capacity and technology wise; and that the population in the 1910's wasn't anything close to being as mobile as they are now, it was exponentially worse than the current outbreak, which makes Dr. Fauci's statement false.

And what if the Spanish flu outbreak happened 100 years ago? The country wasn't found in 1920, or was it blind before it.

No, his statement was not proven false.

If you want to argue semantics and go back 100 years, then you would only be correct if there are some among us who are old enough to have been around back then.

WE have never seen anything like this. I haven't. You haven't. Fauci hasn't.

I didn't say he was a fraud. I said his statement that this is this outbreak was like nothing the country had ever seen before, is false.
    Again, he said "we". We are not the history of the United States which has no direct memory.

Right, just change what Dr. Fauci said. That way a certain someone does not have to admit what Fauci said was false. Problem solved.

Get real.. Fauci has been serving this country since 1984.. Look at his credentials and track record.

U.S. manufacturers shipped millions of dollars’ worth of face masks and other protective medical equipment to China in January and February with encouragement from the federal government, a Washington Post review of economic data and internal goverment documents has found. The move underscores the Trump administration’s failure to recognize and prepare for the growing pandemic threat.

In those two months, the value of protective masks and related items exported from the United States to China grew more than 1,000 percent compared with the same time last year — from $1.4 million to about $17.6 million, according to a Post analysis of customs categories which, according to research by Public Citizen, contain key PPE. Similarly, shipments of ventilators and protective garments jumped by triple digits.

While the percentage increase of exports to China was steep, they represent a small fraction of the overall U.S. need. Throughout the country, the shortage has forced hospitals, nursing homes and first responders to ration masks and other protective gear as they treat infected and high-risk patients, creating a secondary health crisis among first line providers.

On Feb. 26 —
    when total deaths had reached 2,770, nearly all in China — the Commerce Department published a flier titled “CS China COVID Procurement Service,” guiding American firms on how to sell “critical medical products” to China and Hong Kong through Beijing’s fast-tracked sales process. Doggett obtained the flier — from the division of the International Trade Administration’s Commercial Services Office in China — and other Commerce communications.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/us-sent-millions-of-face-masks-to-china-early-this-year-ignoring-pandemic-warning-signs/2020/04/18/aaccf54a-7ff5-11ea-8013-1b6da0e4a2b7_story.html

If only Trump had listened to his OWN experts, maybe those on the front line would not be dying or resort to wearing hand made masks. while they work around the clock to save people's lives.

Get real.. Fauci has been serving this country since 1984.. Look at his credentials and track record.

U.S. manufacturers shipped millions of dollars’ worth of face masks and other protective medical equipment to China in January and February with encouragement from the federal government, a Washington Post review of economic data and internal goverment documents has found. The move underscores the Trump administration’s failure to recognize and prepare for the growing pandemic threat.

In those two months, the value of protective masks and related items exported from the United States to China grew more than 1,000 percent compared with the same time last year — from $1.4 million to about $17.6 million, according to a Post analysis of customs categories which, according to research by Public Citizen, contain key PPE. Similarly, shipments of ventilators and protective garments jumped by triple digits.

While the percentage increase of exports to China was steep, they represent a small fraction of the overall U.S. need. Throughout the country, the shortage has forced hospitals, nursing homes and first responders to ration masks and other protective gear as they treat infected and high-risk patients, creating a secondary health crisis among first line providers.

On Feb. 26 —
    when total deaths had reached 2,770, nearly all in China — the Commerce Department published a flier titled “CS China COVID Procurement Service,” guiding American firms on how to sell “critical medical products” to China and Hong Kong through Beijing’s fast-tracked sales process. Doggett obtained the flier — from the division of the International Trade Administration’s Commercial Services Office in China — and other Commerce communications.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/us-sent-millions-of-face-masks-to-china-early-this-year-ignoring-pandemic-warning-signs/2020/04/18/aaccf54a-7ff5-11ea-8013-1b6da0e4a2b7_story.html

If only Trump had listened to his OWN experts, maybe those on the front line would not be dying or resort to wearing hand made masks. while they work around the clock to save people's lives.

None of that is responsive to the post you quoted.

None of that is responsive to the post you quoted.

Why not? You are keen to shift blame to Fauci and believe a fattish old gasbag who has already said he knows more than generals, intelligence, economists and doctors. He bleats that he's a stable genius. But, all he does is brag, tweet, play golf and perform at campaign rallies.

Which is not true.

Why the need to make things worse than they are?

When you consider the Spanish flu was transported buy boat extremely slow boat rather than air travel I would say that statement is perfectly acceptable.

If you want to debate the pandemic by boat transmission or by commercial airlines as being remotely equal go and try.

Oh I almost forgot could have had a blimp in there man that would have been quick.

Why not? You are keen to shift blame to Fauci and believe a fattish old gasbag who has already said he knows more than generals, intelligence, economists and doctors. He bleats that he's a stable genius. But, all he does is brag, tweet, play golf and perform at campaign rallies.

You have taken strawmanning to an entirely new level.

I am speaking of yellow fever, measles, and yes, the Spanish flu which, by virtue of the number of deaths (est. 195,000) vis a vis the population at the time ( about 100,000,000 ), and considering the state of healthcare in the 1910's, capacity and technology wise; and that the population in the 1910's wasn't anything close to being as mobile as they are now, it was exponentially worse than the current outbreak, which makes Dr. Fauci's statement false.

And what if the Spanish flu outbreak happened 100 years ago? The country wasn't found in 1920, or was it blind before it.
    I agree that Dr Fauci was wrong that this country has never faced anything like Covid-19. The Spanish Flu of 1918 certainly was worse, but Covid has the potential to be as bad. We didn’t control the spread of the Spanish Flu effectively, and if we were to do as badly with Covid, we could face similar results.

Now though Fauci misspoke, his error is trivial comparison to the stupidity of Dr Phil. At least Dr Oz tried to apologize for his mistake. Suggesting that kids should go back to school because they don’t get sick and would only cause an additional 2% deaths is first uncaring, but more importantly misses the effect they will have on spreading the disease to vulnerable people. How can a doctor not think through that simple concept?

Right, just change what Dr. Fauci said. That way a certain someone does not have to admit what Fauci said was false. Problem solved.

Just stop.. Compare Fauci's credentials, reputation and experience to Trump's ignorant bullying.

After weeks of searching high and low for ventilators, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and health care leaders around the state have seen signs of improvement and are sending some of the frantically acquired units to New Jersey, where they're increasingly needed.

But now, many hospital workers on the front lines in the metro area have been sounding the alarm that a different piece of lifesaving equipment is in short supply and high demand: dialysis machines.

"We only have nine or 10 machines, and now we have over 30 patients that need them," said one...

With the flood of disinformation we're getting from fake news, it's hard to know what Dr. Fauci actually said. Trump haters just want him out of office. They've shown that they are not above putting words in people's mouths just to score a point. For all we know, fake news hacks are putting out reams of statements they THINK Fauci said just to discredit the president. There is a lot of noise coming from Washington these days. The guy I trust is the President, and he seems to be okay with Fauci. When I watch those press conferences and the President gets a complex medical question, he'll refer to Dr. Fauci and step aside. I've never seen ANY president do that. Most presidents are so full of ego that they wouldn't dare share the stage with anyone. But this President is a competent businessman. He's probably the best leader this country has ever had, and great leaders are competent enough to delegate authority and share the stage. As long as President Trump is okay with Fauci, I'm okay with him.

You haven't been paying attention. Trump has frequently interrupted Fauci to contradict what he says. Healthcare workers and doctors have noticed.. and noticed that Trump's lousy understanding and selfish agenda has put them at risk.

We Actually DO Know What Is Wrong With Trump’s Mental State
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/8/28/1882129/...
    Aug 28, 2019 · We Actually DO Know What Is Wrong With Trump’s Mental State. ... There are good answers and a very specific vocabulary for exactly what is wrong with Trump

You have taken strawmanning to an entirely new level.

Trump claimed the corona virus was a hoax to undermine him personally

On February 28, Donald Trump stood before a crowd of supporters in South Carolina and told them to pay no attention to the growing warnings of a coronavirus outbreak in America.

The press was “in hysteria mode,” the president said. The Democrats were playing politics. This new virus was nothing compared with the seasonal flu—and anyone who said otherwise was just trying to hurt him. “This is their new hoax,” Trump proclaimed, squinting out from behind a podium adorned with the presidential seal.

And thats clearly where we disagree. It's not because of his political affiliation, it's about his track record being abysmal when it comes to telling the truth and getting facts straight. His arrogance in being wrong just because he has money. Insofar as scientific issues go, he shows a very minimal level of understanding. I can provide countless examples.

I agree. Its not about party affiliation.. Trump used to be a believer in climate change.. He really has NO core values of any kind.. His ego and greed supersedes everything.

I agree. Its not about party affiliation.. Trump used to be a believer in climate change.. He really has NO core values of any kind.. His ego and greed supersedes everything.

He just takes some getting used to. I am sure you will grow to love him during his second term.

He just takes some getting used to. I am sure you will grow to love him during his second term.

I truly hope that Trump won't get a second term. He's too stupid and egotistical to be president of anything.

Trump graduated the Wharton School Of Finance, which makes diploma mills like Harvard look like community colleges. That makes him better educated than ALL Democrat presidents combined. Show me even ONE Democrat president who built....actually, that part would be hard to find because most Democrat presidents never had a real job in their lives before running for public office...show me even ONE Democrat president who took a small construction company to Manhattan and turned it into the international empire that produced this.

View attachment 1358View attachment 1359View attachment 1360View attachment 1361

Think the Georgie peanut farmer could have done this? The Texas racist redneck? The Arkansas liar/rapist? The KENYAN VILLAGE IDIOT.

Trump is the most intelligent president in the history of America.

LOL dude posts pictures of "trump properties" ....yet only ONE of the 4 he actually owns outright lol.

IM LOLOLOL.

When you consider the Spanish flu was transported buy boat extremely slow boat rather than air travel I would say that statement is perfectly acceptable.
    No, it is not. On the contrary, that makes it even worse.

If you want to debate the pandemic by boat transmission or by commercial airlines as being remotely equal go and try.
    That is the whole freaking point. Given the conditions in 1918, that one was much worse.

No, his statement was not proven false.

If you want to argue semantics and go back 100 years, then you would only be correct if there are some among us who are old enough to have been around back then.

WE have never seen anything like this. I haven't. You haven't. Fauci hasn't.

You are going to give me the apologetic treatment now?

"The country" was officially born in 1776.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom