Trumps continuously declining fall of support with members of the military. A sign of trouble to come? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

coldseat

Reaction score
    Can't say I'm surprised, but it seems that working for Trump isn't that great. The biggest change is movement by a group who seemed to have had a neutral view of Trump when he first started, but now have a very unfavorable view of him. His policies and treatment of the military have really done harm to them, and I think this poll reflects that. What impact will this have in the 2020 election?

Trump’s 42 percent approval in the latest poll, conducted from Oct. 23 to Dec. 2, sets his lowest mark in the survey since being elected president. Some 50 percent of troops said they had an unfavorable view of him. By comparison, just a few weeks after his electoral victory in November 2016, 46 percent of troops surveyed had a positive view of the businessman-turned-politician, and 37 percent had a negative opinion.

When asked specifically about Trump’s handling of military issues, nearly 48 percent of the troops surveyed said they had an unfavorable view of that part of his job, compared to 44 percent who believe he has handled that task well. That marks a significant drop from the 2018 Military Times poll, when 59 percent said they were happy with his handling of military issues, against 20 percent who had an unfavorable view.

1576696247302.png

1576696266834.png

Last edited:
    The problem is that some of the military support Trump more than any president they’ve Ever served, and it’s a big problem.

Trump divides people.

The problem is that some of the military support Trump more than any president they’ve Ever served, and it’s a big problem.

Trump divides people.

In all fairness, the overwhelming majority of members of the military have either only served under Trump, or only served under Trump and Obama. It's not like many military members have a large sample size of presidents they served under.

In all fairness, the overwhelming majority of members of the military have either only served under Trump, or only served under Trump and Obama. It's not like many military members have a large sample size of presidents they served under.

Well, I should have said, they support Trump more than any president of their lifetimes.

I’m talking about a loyalty to the man in office like we’ve never seen before, where they perceive his personal enemies to be enemies of the state.

Well, I should have said, they support Trump more than any president of their lifetimes.

I’m talking about a loyalty to the man in office like we’ve never seen before, where they perceive his personal enemies to be enemies of the state.
    That appears to be something out of a wild imagination rather than observable behavior.

Well, he's the one who said he preferred his heroes not be capturing, that his Vietnam was dodging STDs in NYC, and attacked Gold Star families, which is an insult to every POW, MIA, KIA, who ever served, was captured, hasn't come home, will never come home, and every service man and woman who has dodged bullets on the battlefield.

So I don't see how it could be unfavorable % is that low.

I would expect many in the military would fear to express their views on Trump as CIC for fear they may be seen as disloyal. Small sample size but those with whom I've spoken say they despise him. However, I likely seek out people who say they despise him :hihi:

Any Gallagher supporters have a change of heart after hearing the testimony of several other Navy SEALS about his actions?

He is a war criminal and a stain on our military.

You can’t claim to support the troops while at the same time supporting a war criminal that the troops felt obligated to have purged from their organization.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom