Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

The entire appeal of the modern Republican party is the assumption people keep a 30,000 ft. view of facts and confirmation bias will draw the needed conclusion.

The weakness of the modern Democrat party is they think people will take a 5,000 ft view and let the facts drive the conclusion.

The entire appeal of the modern Republican party is the assumption people keep a 30,000 ft. view of facts and confirmation bias will draw the needed conclusion.

The weakness of the modern Democrat party is they think people will take a 5,000 ft view and let the facts drive the conclusion.

That's an interesting way to put it. Makes sense.

I kind of see it a different way. To me, the appeal of the Republican party is that they turn every issue into a binary choice. Good vs. Evil, white vs. black, Legal vs. Illegal, Low taxes vs. big government, American vs. Non-American, etc. In a way, I guess that goes with the 30,000 ft. view. All you have to do is be on the right side, the good side, i.e. God's side, and everything else will work out. For a world as complicated as the one we live in, that is a very appealing choice to many Americans.

Democrats tend to see the world as it is, in other words very complex. They see gray all around with all its' complexity and nuance. And they do a really poor job of simplifying that for supporters and voters. They tend to delve much deeper into issues and want to address problems in our government and society in a systemic and holistic way, which is hard to do and even harder to explain to people. And people often misunderstand and fear what they don't comprehend.

When just about everybody is engulfed with the complexity of their own lives in paying bills, dealing with family and fulfilling expectations at work, it's much more appealing and desirable for the larger world to be simplified.

Last edited:

That teacher had to have this look on her face during that whole call.

1605645533663.png

oh, if OANN says different then that's that

If I'm the teacher I do some sort of assignment for the inauguration

some sort of basic "what is the inauguration?" followed by "Who was just inaugurated as president?"

Nah. I would redo the project. I'd tell the kids that they were going to redo the project because a parent and OANN did not believe the outcome of the election was decided yet. I would call it predict the outcome and fill in all except for the last 6 states. Then, I'd tell the students to do home and fill it out with their parents how they think it will be tun out by filling out red and blue and adding up the electoral votes. Tell them to use all the news available to make their best guess.

Then I'd tell that that whoever guessed it all right when all states certified the election, gets a 100, plus an extra 100 bonus grade. If you guess wrong, you get -5 for each one wrong on the assignment and no bonus. Nice and Salty!

oh, if OANN says different then that's that

If I'm the teacher I do some sort of assignment for the inauguration

some sort of basic "what is the inauguration?" followed by "Who was just inaugurated as president?"

I would also have the kids list the National Park Service counts of crowds at Inaugurations over the past 3 Presidents, just for good measure.

1605668360089.png

I think he thinks it means more votes were cast than eligible voters. However, I think the complaint is that the number of folks that were signed in to vote was less than the votes, or at least not the same number. I'm not exactly sure what an absentee ballot poll board is, but...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...vember-3-election-results/6324274002/tallied?

The votes came after absentee ballot poll books at 70% of Detroit's 134 absentee counting boards were found to be out of balance without explanation. The mismatches varied anywhere from one to more than four votes.

In August, canvassers found 72% of Detroit's absentee voting precincts didn't match the number of ballots cast. The imbalances between August and November are not an exact comparison since August's canvassing was based on results from 503 precincts and November's canvassing was based on 134 counting boards

So, 1-4 votes per board, so maybe 134 - 536 ballots don't line up with their received count?

Biden won by about 146,000 votes.

1605668360089.png

I think he thinks it means more votes were cast than eligible voters. However, I think the complaint is that the number of folks that were signed in to vote was less than the votes, or at least not the same number. I'm not exactly sure what an absentee ballot poll board is, but...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...vember-3-election-results/6324274002/tallied?

So, 1-4 votes per board, so maybe 134 - 536 ballots don't line up with their received count?

Biden won by about 146,000 votes.

There’s really no point in rational refutation.

I saw it explained as a common thing. Someone could easily come and sign in to vote, then the line is too long they run out of time and leave before voting. The city of Detroit had less “discrepancies“ than the nearby city of Livonia, I read. Wonder why they singled out Detroit? 🙄

There’s really no point in rational refutation.
    C'mon, don't tell me I'm losing you now. you're one of the few rationalist here...

I mean, your rationality is the basis of my respect for you. However, some might argue that doesn't fall under scrutiny. (see what I did there?)

C'mon, don't tell me I'm losing you now. you're one of the few rationalist here...

I mean, your rationality is the basis of my respect for you. However, some might argue that doesn't fall under scrutiny. (see what I did there?)

I thought it was the jokes.

But I’m not saying to avoid rationality in general, it’s just futile with him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom