Trump & School Bullies (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    I don’t have children so I can’t speak to this first hand

And I definitely know that kids have bullied, teased, mocked, insulted and excluded other kids (especially minorities) since the beginning of time

But I’ve read and heard from friends with kids that things are different than they were than just a few years ago

And it’s often coming from classmates they’ve known for years and have never had issues with before

And it’s hard to argue that Trump isn’t the difference

Even if you love Trump and his policies demeanor has to count for something

Who knows what the fallout in the years to come will be
    ========================

Two kindergartners in Utah told aLatino boy that President Trump would send him back to Mexico, and teenagers in Maine sneered "Ban Muslims" at a classmate wearing a hijab.

In Tennessee, a group of middle-schoolers linked arms, imitating the president's proposed border wall as they refused to let nonwhite students pass.

In Ohio, another group of middle-schoolers surrounded a mixed-race sixth-grader and, as she confided to her mother, told the girl: "This is Trump country."

Since Trump’s rise to the nation’s highest office, his inflammatory language — often condemned as racist and xenophobic — has seeped into schools across America.

Many bullies now target other children differently than they used to, with kids as young as 6 mimicking the president’s insults and the cruel way he delivers them........

It seemed that bullying was on a downward trend, but there has definitely been more bullying in schools (and in general) since Trump rose to power and many adults stopped teaching their kids to respect other people. Bullying is in right now and growing.

How could there not be with the example that he's set and so many have copied? #BeBest!

Students are one thing, parents of those students are another

But the fact that so many teachers are caught up in it also is beyond disturbing

Exponentially so because they’re doing it in school, to their own students they are responsible for teaching and not in their off hours personal social media posts

I’d be interested in what parents/teachers here thoughts on this are

And I definitely know that kids have bullied, teased, mocked, insulted and excluded other kids (especially minorities) since the beginning of time

But I’ve read and heard from friends with kids that things are different than they were than just a few years ago

And it’s often coming from classmates they’ve known for years and have never had issues with before

========================

Two kindergartners in Utah told aLatino boy that President Trump would send him back to Mexico, and teenagers in Maine sneered "Ban Muslims" at a classmate wearing a hijab.

In Tennessee, a group of middle-schoolers linked arms, imitating the president's proposed border wall as they refused to let nonwhite students pass.

In Ohio, another group of middle-schoolers surrounded a mixed-race sixth-grader and, as she confided to her mother, told the girl: "This is Trump country."

Since Trump’s rise to the nation’s highest office, his inflammatory language — often condemned as racist and xenophobic — has seeped into schools across America.

Many bullies now target other children differently than they used to, with kids as young as 6 mimicking the president’s insults and the cruel way he delivers them........

The one in Williamson County TN - where I live - turned out to be fake. I know parents of the kids in the class as well as teachers at the school. A lot of these stories turn out to be fake.

The one in Williamson County TN - where I live - turned out to be fake. I know parents of the kids in the class as well as teachers at the school. A lot of these stories turn out to be fake.

And a handful of rape and sexual harassment charges turn out to be fake too

What's your point?

========================

So the kids are imitating political language they hear from adults or from the media? In my opinion just as likely they heard it from the left since the left has a tendency to hyperbolize what was actually said.
    A child hearing adults talking about political disagreements will more than likely move on and not even listen to 'boring adult talk' but when the adults are yelling at one another and one side is calling the other evil and people are at risk of being killed, rounded up, put in chains, put in cages, ect.... the kids will probably retain a lot more of that conversation.
    The idea that everything in politics in this country was wonderful with hard working, respectful and morally superior humans working as our political leaders and they were all in it together and worked together and then Trump ruined it is crazy to me. Most of us were alive 4 years ago know that is not true. Has it gotten worse with Trump in office...yes it has. Is it because of him, yes., probably so, but also because of the gloom and doom speak and actions of the left too.

Should be obvious - you are hoodwinked into believing fake news.

And you are comfortable believing that if some are fake they all are

I'll admit some are, there was one here locally that was fake

Jussie Smollett just got charged again for his fake hate crime - Would you say that makes all hate crimes fake? a liberal myth?

From the article

However, a 2016 online survey of over 10,000 kindergarten through 12th-grade educators by the Southern Poverty Law Center found that more than 2,500 “described specific incidents of bigotry and harassment that can be directly traced to election rhetoric,” although the overwhelming majority never made the news. In 476 cases, offenders used the phrase “build the wall.” In 672, they mentioned deportation.

More than a quarter, over 2500 instances - all of them fake news?

And this survey was 4 years ago (pre-Charlottesville, pre- go back where you came from, pre travel ban, pre - a bunch of stuff)

if you concede that it happened in 2016 do you think that the issue got better or went away completely?

And you are comfortable believing that if some are fake they all are

I'll admit some are, there was one here locally that was fake

Jussie Smollett just got charged again for his fake hate crime - Would you say that makes all hate crimes fake? a liberal myth?

From the article

More than a quarter, over 2500 instances - all of them fake news?

And this survey was 4 years ago (pre-Charlottesville, pre- go back where you came from, pre travel ban, pre - a bunch of stuff)

if you concede that it happened in 2016 do you think that the issue got better or went away completely?

Hell, Jussie may be more believable than the SPLC these days.

... Has it gotten worse with Trump in office...yes it has. Is it because of him, yes., probably so ...

That's really all you needed to say, as that was all that was asked. Everything else is equivocation. You guys on the right know this is true, you'll just argue until you're blue in the face that it's not.

That's really all you needed to say, as that was all that was asked. Everything else is equivocation. You guys on the right know this is true, you'll just argue until you're blue in the face that it's not.
    I have a feeling that even if Trump wasn't the president, the left would still hysterically attack whoever was in office. If Romney won the POTUS, the left would be screaming that he will put black folks back in chains, that is so 2012. Now Romney is a HeRo Of ThE rEpUbLiC because Trump is (insert 'ism' here). But yeah, please continue to lecture everyone on how to act civil.

So the kids are imitating political language they hear from adults or from the media? In my opinion just as likely they heard it from the left since the left has a tendency to hyperbolize what was actually said.
    A child hearing adults talking about political disagreements will more than likely move on and not even listen to 'boring adult talk' but when the adults are yelling at one another and one side is calling the other evil and people are at risk of being killed, rounded up, put in chains, put in cages, ect.... the kids will probably retain a lot more of that conversation.
    The idea that everything in politics in this country was wonderful with hard working, respectful and morally superior humans working as our political leaders and they were all in it together and worked together and then Trump ruined it is crazy to me. Most of us were alive 4 years ago know that is not true. Has it gotten worse with Trump in office...yes it has. Is it because of him, yes., probably so, but also because of the gloom and doom speak and actions of the left too.
    Blaming the left is a laughable as it was predictable. IMO, it's on trump and the parents of these kids.
    Here's a father expressing his concerns about the bullying his son has received at school.

Last edited:
    Blaming the left is a laughable as it was predictable. IMO, it's on trump and the parents of these kids.
    Here's a father expressing his concerns about the bullying his son has received at school.

One positive

The whole room seemed to immediately turn against racist George Costanza

One positive

The whole room seemed to immediately turn against racist George Costanza
    I'm pretty sure Jason Alexander had to put out a statement denying that is not him!

But, yeah is was definitely encouraging to see the immediate condemnation and the follow on discussion.

Just to be clear, there is a distinction between the left and liberals/Democrats in my opinion.

And to just say that all of this craziness is only because of Trump is not paying attention to reality and letting the feels get the better of sound judgment, kind of like a temper tantrum.

Just to be clear, there is a distinction between the left and liberals/Democrats in my opinion.

And to just say that all of this craziness is only because of Trump is not paying attention to reality and letting the feels get the better of sound judgment, kind of like a temper tantrum.
    I like to think of trump as a supercharger. No, he isn't the root cause of this behavior, but he sure loves to stoke the flames because it benefits him to do so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom