Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

That guy Ali may be the biggest dweeb on the planet :ROFLMAO:

I know right, this Ali dude looks like a meth'd out Sammy Davis Jr. Seriously who goes outside in the year 2021 looking like that?

Why cant they get like a "normal" looking black dude on their side, every time I see a black republican, since the trump era began, they always look like they had some sort of brain transplant and are really a white guy wearing a black guy suit.

Meh. I think she being overly dramatic. If she is unsure that she could not disclose anything more based off of security concerns, then why say anything at all? Sharing the half arse story does nothing to help stop the madness.

This is a very specific allegation:

1610546543218.png

1610546597197.png
    Unless this is a special national security event, I wonder if the SS is mandated to protect them or just did it because they were there.

This may have been similar to the capitol police. Establish a perimeter, and slow down the advance until the VP is secure.

Unless this is a special national security event, I wonder if the SS is mandated to protect them or just did it because they were there.

This may have been similar to the capitol police. Establish a perimeter, and slow down the advance until the VP is secure.
    I always thought that the Speaker and Pres of Senate had a SS detail due to their line of succession position.

He's small potatoes, but it goes to show how difficult it will be to defend with ample evidence.

The second of the two lawyers representing Mr Johnson, David Bigney, said that the father of four had been receiving death threats and would “like to just get home to his family.”

Mr Johnson, whose photos carrying the lectern were widely circulated, became one of the most prominent faces of the chaos that erupted in DC last Wednesday. His lawyers acknowledged that it is going to be difficult to defend.

“I don’t know how else to explain that, but yeah, that would be a problem,” the Tampa Bay Times quoted Mr Eckhart as saying.

“I’m not a magician, and neither is Mr Bigney. We’ve got a photograph of our client in what appears to be inside the federal building, inside the Capitol, with government property,” he said.

He's small potatoes, but it goes to show how difficult it will be to defend with ample evidence.

"said that the father of four had been receiving death threats and would “like to just get home to his family.”

Oh gee. Not so fun being on the other side of that huh?

What's the saying "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"? Now his four kids are going to have to grow up missing their treasonous father.

This is a very specific allegation:

Now that's a specific allegation of what happened to her and she doesn't mince words or sensationalize what occurred that day. Her description of events would lead to reasonable speculation by her audience as to what happened to her security measures.

I always thought that the Speaker and Pres of Senate had a SS detail due to their line of succession position.
    I thought the Pres of Senate was the VP...therefore he already has SS detail...methinks you mean Senate Majority Leader?

The Speaker and Senate Maj get protective detail from Capitol Police according to this abc report:

It doesn't specify whether that protection extends outside of the Capitol though

I thought the Pres of Senate was the VP...therefore he already has SS detail...methinks you mean Senate Majority Leader?

The Speaker and Senate Maj get protective detail from Capitol Police according to this abc report:

It doesn't specify whether that protection extends outside of the Capitol though
    The Pro Tempore Pres of the Senate is an elected Senator and that person is third in the line of succession.

I just received a notification on my phone that there will be at least 20,000 troops in DC for Biden’s inauguration. My first thought was that Trump has always wanted a military parade in DC and now, thanks to the Trump-inspired insurrection, he is getting his wish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom