- Oct 6, 2018
- Reaction score
- Sunset, Louisiana
Below are the top political news stories of the day: ¯\_(?)_/¯
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s distortions are across the board - AP | President Donald Trump systematically fabricated his record before boisterous supporters and the eyes of the world this past week.
- Democratic 2020 candidates vie for unions, Latinos in Nevada - AP | Democratic presidential candidates descended on Nevada on Saturday...
- Report: US, China reach agreement to resume economic talks - AP | These discussions had been conducted in previous administrations but had been halted by the Trump administration.
- Iowa voters split on impeachment in latest Iowa Poll - Des Moines Register | Nearly half don't want Trump removed from office
- DeVos says Trump administration is combating staggering number of homeless students - Fox News | DeVos said she wants to make sure that "every child -- has the best opportunity ever to get educated and learn for their future."
- Trump Is Irked After Loyal Republican Allies Push Back Legislatively - Rolling Stone | The president “fiercely complained” after congressional allies took action to curtail his possible future moves against Iran.
- Here's how partisan wrath over Trump's impeachment changed the future of 2 lawmakers - USA Today | An already divided nation has grown more polarized since Trump took office nearly three years ago.
- Trump Expresses Support for 'Brave' Iranians - New York Times | Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also took to Twitter to express his support for the Iranian people and lashed out against Iran’s supreme leader...
- The US warned Iraq that its access to a key bank account holding billions is in jeopardy - Business Insider | The warning to Iraq is the latest in the fallout from the killing of a top Iranian general.
- “It Was Awful, I Can’t Describe It” — Puerto Rico Hit by More Earthquakes - GeoLocalProv | Puerto Rico has been hit by more earthquakes, following the 6.4 magnitude quake that struck Tuesday.
- US to work ‘day and night’ to secure trade deal with UK, confirms Trump envoy - Express | "the harder both sides work, the more pressure it will put on the EU in similar talks".
- In Nevada, Biden slams Trump on Iran policy, says he hurt U.S. interests - AP | Biden blamed President Donald Trump's withdrawal from a nuclear agreement with Iran for the current instability in the Middle East.
- U.S. destroyer "aggressively approached" by Russian Navy ship in North Arabian Sea - CBS News | The 5th Fleet posted video of the encounter on Twitter.
- Bloomberg says "if it's Donald Trump vs. Bernie, I would support Bernie" - CBS News | Bloomberg: "the number one thing is to replace Donald Trump."