The official RNC Convention thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

coldseat

Reaction score
    Why are the Republicans doing their convention during the day? Isn't the roll call and nomination normally done at night?

Anybody watching or going to watch in parts?

What are the expectations of the convention for those who support Trump?

Sorry, I can’t get passed the use of the White House as a prop. Totally disgusting and I can’t believe any American is ok with it.

First the Sec of State breaks with all tradition and gets in the mud and then this. This is despot action.

I ask anyone who is voting for him to please explain how you are ok with this. If President Obama would have done this you would have come unglued.

Sorry, I can’t get passed the use of the White House as a prop. Totally disgusting and I can’t believe any American is ok with it.

First the Sec of State breaks with all tradition and gets in the mud and then this. This is despot action.

I ask anyone who is voting for him to please explain how you are ok with this. If President Obama would have done this you would have come unglued.

I will take it one further it has been in the works forever.

I would bet the rose garden re do was planned because they intended to use it.

And yes it was horrible. Back in the day you could not even use a government copy machine without real problems and this guy uses our Whitehouse grounds?

For the record, I'm not OK with it either. Setting aside the fact that they're breaking the law, they're blasting through guardrails of democratic norms at an alarming rate, and Trump defenders are cheering it on, or sitting in silence, as if there won't be a new president one day. No one's going to get on here and argue that it's not happening or that it's OK; everyone knows it's happening and that it's not OK.

But what would cause Trump supporters to ever say a word against what he does? I saw this morning a clue to his mindset.

IMO, you don’t play around with this guy because you like the judges he appoints, or that he hates the libs like you do. Hint: he doesn’t really think like you, he doesn’t respect his supporters, he doesn’t care about this country. He only cares about himself and having power. That’s it, and it’s dangerous to support him.

This guy was some sort of ethics watchdog during the very first part of Trump’s Administration and resigned in protest, IIRC. His thread here catalogs the ethical lapses and outright crimes:

It appears that not everyone who was featured at the RNC knew that they were going to be used for a campaign event. Naturally, there are conflicting accounts.

That article is a perfect representation of the current administration. An article says the tenants are upset for being used and misled. The Republican strategist says the article is wrong and the tenants are really upset at NYT twisting their words. The article then says that the tenants are on record saying they are not upset with NYT. The GOP strategist is literally accusing the other side of what they themselves are guilty of.

Nikki Haley really has changed her tune since 2016. Why didn't she mention any of this in her speech last night? She no longer thinks the KKK doesn't belong?

so I got a text today that reminded me of my antipathy for Nikki Haley. But something on a lighter note.

she took to Twitter a couple of weeks ago and ranted about this company - The Popcorn Factory - being late with a delivery for her nephew’s birthday. #disappointednephew

so I looked at the company and they had a ton of overtly patriotic products. And the company spokesperson (owner?) replied very politely - even though this Twitter criticism was seen by millions.

I was impressed by it.

It was never clarified if they shipped using USPS - which might have explained the delay - but it seemed to be a shipping issue with the shipper.

nevertheless, Haley looked pretty petty imo using her platform to hammer this USA proud company. Her choice, sure, but petty still imo.

so i decided to buy popcorn to support the company because Bernard came across politely and professionally. But they can’t ship to Canada. So I ordered an 18-pack assortment of popcorn and had it shipped to friends.

I had the option of a personal message and put one. Totally forgot about it until my friends sent me a photo of the outside of the package when it arrived.

5F716F63-AB92-4EEE-B22D-B55F68ED9A62.jpeg

so I got a text today that reminded me of my antipathy for Nikki Haley. But something on a lighter note.

she took to Twitter a couple of weeks ago and ranted about this company - The Popcorn Factory - being late with a delivery for her nephew’s birthday. #disappointednephew

so I looked at the company and they had a ton of overtly patriotic products. And the company spokesperson (owner?) replied very politely - even though this Twitter criticism was seen by millions.

I was impressed by it.

It was never clarified if they shipped using USPS - which might have explained the delay - but it seemed to be a shipping issue with the shipper.

nevertheless, Haley looked pretty petty imo using her platform to hammer this USA proud company. Her choice, sure, but petty still imo.

so i decided to buy popcorn to support the company because Bernard came across politely and professionally. But they can’t ship to Canada. So I ordered an 18-pack assortment of popcorn and had it shipped to friends.

I had the option of a personal message and put one. Totally forgot about it until my friends sent me a photo of the outside of the package when it arrived.

5F716F63-AB92-4EEE-B22D-B55F68ED9A62.jpeg
    Holy shirt! My ex-uncle by marriage owns (or at least once did) the Popcorn Factory.

But, yeah, screw her ten ways to Sunday.

What you did is just awesome. Thanks for being a great expat.

So what did ya'll think of the actual speech?
    Honestly, I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. I'll post it in here and try to give it a listen later tonight or tomorrow and then give an honest answer.

edit: never got around to it. I will though.

Last edited:
    Here it is.

Like I said, I'll watch it later. First thing I noticed is that he definitely took notice at how many flags Biden had, so he crammed as many as he could...

I mean, look at the jammed up in there spacing. That's intentional for the close ups. From a distance, it looks tacky.

1598735866121.png

My first thought.. why the applause about less damage than expected? Then he says the lack of damage was due to states? Not sure what was done..

Honestly, he starts off unfocused. Then it's a big oscar style thank you speech.

Gross enough to be using the White House as a prop, but then to mention it.

"We will produce a vaccine before the end of the year, or maybe even sooner"... seems redundant.

He makes an odd point about democrats tearing down the country.... complaining about racial, and economic injustice. Wasn't that a big part of his economic "make America great again" line? That the system is rigged, people aren't making enough money? Weird way to twist it.

I'm 12 minutes in and pretty bored with the speech. Even the crowd isn't that into it.

I don't think congress votes on companies out-sourcing jobs.

Lots of fact check worthy items. I'm just sitting here thinking, "that can't be true".

Poor fact checker.. he's rattling them off. Anderson Cooper drinking like he's Kermit drinking the lipton tea..haha.

Sorta ironic to hear Trump complain that the Democrats just criticize... that's all he does.

Ok, 46 minutes in, he's ratting off his Fox News fear mongering garbage.. Biden will destroy the suburbs, etc... that's so tired and lazy. I can't finish this.

I almost nodded off twice. It's a boring speech.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom