The official DNC Convention thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    So tonight is night 1 of the Democratic convention and we'll hear from John Kasich and Michelle Obama. Thought it would be good to have a central place as the old PDB days.

Who is the host of the show? Is that Eva Longoria? Maybe I'm wrong but I really just wanted this to be about the politicians. Also, as a black man, I'm happy to see the number of black folks represented tonight. I'm happy to see that issues important to my community are being made a focal point. However, I hope that moving forward that the whole theme of the convention doesn't center around black people and showing as many black people as possible. Blacks are an important part of the democratic party but we are not the only part. I want to see a focus on issues that affect everyone, blacks, hispanics, whites, asians and LBGT.

So far this is pretty terrible TBH.

Not aimed at you, b/c so far there are a few negative comments along these lines- but i think everyone would be wise to keep in mind that there is no crowd, and no energy- precisely *because* of the bungling of the Coronavirus response and the complete lack of any national strategy...... That one fact, to me, makes the convention completely unnecessary becuase that alone should tell anyone who’s “undecided” who’s the best candidate to vote for.

Well, I’m just a crazy optimist, but I liked it. now for Michelle.

and lol at Mr. Blue Sky, you need to hang out more often.
    Bernie was good. Format feels like an infomercial. Waiting for a before and after photo of Biden without a shirt on. :)

I'm just saying the first part of the whole thing seemed cheesy and weak - and honestly trying too hard to be "woke." Bernie and Michelle finished it off strong, though.

I only caught most of Michelle's speech.

I liked it. Warm, honest, simple.

I think she's generally done really well to not fall for the 'angry black woman' trope that the Right likes to throw out there.

it's simple. You don't even have to go against his policies. That's not the problem. It's that he's in over his head, hasn't risen to the moment, and has no empathy.

it is what it is, was well done. The folks who know the dig, got it, the ones that don't, well, she still makes sense.

I only caught most of Michelle's speech.

I liked it. Warm, honest, simple.

I think she's generally done really well to not fall for the 'angry black woman' trope that the Right likes to throw out there.

it's simple. You don't even have to go against his policies. That's not the problem. It's that he's in over his head, hasn't risen to the moment, and has no empathy.

it is what it is, was well done. The folks who know the dig, got it, the ones that don't, well, she still makes sense.

Yeah, and she spoke in a way that didn't necessarily sound political.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom