The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Also, how do you feel about what he says about Trump?

Called him a Narcissist.. He's probably right... But again... It boils down to The Dems are not putting anything on the table to beat Trump.. They didn;t with Hillary and I don;t think that they are with Biden either...

As I stated... In my opiniion I don;t think that the majority of qualified Democrats didn;t think that they would beat Trump and the ecomony so the good ones did not run. Only the Sub par Democrats. Or those that wanted to add a little extra to their name.

I think that Biden is gonna try to ride Obama's coat tales.... Obama endorsed Biden.. But how could he not... If he didn;t it would almost be admitting that Biden if he is not Presidental Material, he wasn;t VP material either.

Called him a Narcissist.. He's probably right...

No.
    He said Narcissistic Personality Disorder. There is a difference between someone who is a narcissist and someone who has NPD.

But I was referring to this tidbit:

. They spent the last four years criticizing Donald Trump in no small part for his mental state, and rightly so. The founding fathers included an impeachment provision in the Constitution in large part as a contingency to remove a president exactly like him, whose temperament and personality and mental state are incompatible with the requirements of the highest elected office in the land.

Last edited:
    I haven't delved into Biden's mental state to comment intelligently about it, but just a few moments of digging into Ted Rall told me a lot. Rall is obviously a very good writer who laid out a relatively convincing argument for his point of view. However, his agenda is equally obvious to me.

He is part of the effort among supporters of Bernie Sanders to suggest that it's not too late for Sanders to be the nominee. I have no idea if that effort has been coordinated to some degree, but I have seen evidence that a significant attempt is being made to rescue Sanders' candidacy. What they fail to recognize is that if they are successful in wresting the nomination from Biden, Trump's speechwriters can begin crafting his speech for his second inauguration. While Sanders is popular to most Democrats at least to some degree, he would be like red meat to Republican efforts to get out the vote. Those conservatives and right-leaning moderates who were likely to cross over and vote for Biden would immediately reconsider. The Never Trumpers? They would either find a third party candidate or become Never-Trumpers-except-in-the-case-that-the-Democrats-run-someone-like-Bernie-Sanders.

I have said from the before this election cycle began that the quickest way to ensure a second Trump term is for the Democrats to nominate Bernie Sanders. It is my belief that Rall's article was written with the objective of raising the chances of replacing Biden with Sanders.

No.
    He said Narcissistic Personality Disorder. There is a difference between someone who is a narcissist and someone who has NPD.

While I am not a psychologist, it isn't hard to diagnose this particular disorder, especially when someone checks all of the boxes. I find it impossible to go down the list of symptoms without thinking of one particular person who fits all of the traits.

Dementia is much harder to diagnose. Someone could have a mild cognitive impairment or the onset of dementia, so the lines get a little hazy on when one ends and the other begins. With my limited understanding, I would think that an example of the difference between an MCI issue and dementia would be forgetting whether it was Tuesday or Wednesday and forgetting the route while driving home from the grocery store. If someone is able to function cognitively in most areas of their lives with episodes of memory loss, it is likely MCI at most. If the issues cause functioning difficulties, it is probably dementia. Either problem bears monitoring.

While I am not a psychologist, it isn't hard to diagnose this particular disorder, especially when someone checks all of the boxes. I find it impossible to go down the list of symptoms without thinking of one particular person who fits all of the traits.

Dementia is much harder to diagnose. Someone could have a mild cognitive impairment or the onset of dementia, so the lines get a little hazy on when one ends and the other begins. With my limited understanding, I would think that an example of the difference between an MCI issue and dementia would be forgetting whether it was Tuesday or Wednesday and forgetting the route while driving home from the grocery store. If someone is able to function cognitively in most areas of their lives with episodes of memory loss, it is likely MCI at most. If the issues cause functioning difficulties, it is probably dementia. Either problem bears monitoring.

You are correct in that dementia is hard to diagnose. It isn't the one thing or the one test that can tell you.

Yet, just about every "conservative" pundit is running with the "Biden has dementia" narrative, and like-minded people parrot the "Biden has dementia" narrative. Then again, those conservative pundits never saw a red herring/ad hominem they didn't like.

You are correct in that dementia is hard to diagnose. It isn't the one thing or the one test that can tell you.

Yet, just about every "conservative" pundit is running with the "Biden has dementia" narrative, and like-minded people parrot the "Biden has dementia" narrative. Then again, those conservative pundits never saw a red herring/ad hominem they didn't like.

No need to parrot what is clear as day my friend. I am sure that you have heard many people talk about their parents having the onset of Dementia without a official diagnosis...

And I am sure that a lot of folks don;t want to vote for a guy who may be put in a nursing home before he can complete his term...

No need to parrot what is clear as day my friend. I am sure that you have heard many people talk about their parents having the onset of Dementia without a official diagnosis...

And I am sure that a lot of folks don;t want to vote for a guy who may be put in a nursing home before he can complete his term...

The age and mental capacity arguments against Biden are strange to me when his opponent isn't much younger, has visible physical risk factors of poor health, and has a vocabulary and speaking style that demonstrate limited cognitive function.

I'd have preferred a younger candidate but that's not a choice among the viable contenders.

No need to parrot what is clear as day
    Yet you continue to do so.

I am sure that you have heard many people talk about their parents having the onset of Dementia without a official diagnosis...
    I've heard a lot of things, including people talk about their parents having onset of dementia without an official diagnosis, but that doesn't make their unofficial diagnosis correct.

And more ad hominem...

The age and mental capacity arguments against Biden are strange to me when his opponent isn't much younger, has visible physical risk factors of poor health, and has a vocabulary and speaking style that demonstrate limited cognitive function.

I'd have preferred a younger candidate but that's not a choice among the viable contenders.

There are zero people who believe that Joe Biden has dementia based on seeing a few videos that don't also believe Trump has dementia. We can swap videos all day, and I don't think Joe comes out on the short end of that stick.

Yet you continue to do so.

Man.. You guys kill me... I don;t need to parrot shirt.

I see it, I am calling it.

$20 bet to the sight that Biden gets diagnosed with Dementia within 3 years.

Just so you guys know.. People can make up their own minds without the help of the news.. Videos.. Political websights.. and strangers on the internet... I know this may be news to some of you... But it is true. It's called life.

:biden1:

Well, there's an order of operations in the event that Biden did get diagnosed with dementia in three years and the VP would slide into his place. Same goes for the really old guy in the Oval who screws up on television just as much, if not more, than Biden does or ever has.

Man.. You guys kill me... I don;t need to parrot shirt.
    No one said you need to do anything, just that you are doing it.

I see it, I am calling it.
    Really? You saw it first? You saw it before it became the narrative it is today?

Just so you guys know.. People can make up their own minds without the help of the news.. Videos.. Political websights.. and strangers on the internet... I know this may be news to some of you... But it is true. It's called life.

So, you know Joe Biden personally, and/or have personal interactions with him regularly?

No one said you need to do anything, just that you are doing it.

Really? You saw it first? You saw it before it became the narrative it is today?

So, you know Joe Biden personally, and/or have personal interactions with him regularly?

No my friend.. I don;t know Joe persoanlly... But since My Uncle passed from Dementia I at least have seen it from start to finish first hand... And my opinion is made up of witnessing Joe Biden for myself.. and not meme's on the interent, or links people provide on websites... I have the ability to make my own decisions based upon life experiences...

So... You want to take the bet?

@V Chip .. Yes Sir.. I think I understand why we have a Vice President... But thank you for refreshing my fifth grade social studies update... ;)

No my friend.. I don;t know Joe persoanlly... But since My Uncle passed from Dementia I at least have seen it from start to finish first hand... And my opinion is made up of witnessing Joe Biden for myself.. and not meme's on the interent, or links people provide on websites... I have the ability to make my own decisions based upon life experiences...

So... You want to take the bet?

And you really don't see the fallacy in what you are saying ...

So basically your saying Joe doesn;t have dementia? Is that correct?

or are you saying that my opinions was made by people posting videos and meme's here?

None of us are in a position to make a definitive diagnosis of either candidate but I have much greater confidence in Biden's overall health and fitness for office than I do in Trump's health and fitness. I also know that raising these kinds of concerns without equal consideration for Trump is right out of the same 2016 playbook that defamed Clinton's physical and mental preparedness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom