The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tulsi would have been the best for sure! LOL

I was expecting Rice... Harris makes no sense to me. The voters in her own party don't even trust or like her based on what I have seen.

Like I said. Harris is the pick Trump supporters wanted the least. They, like you, were hoping (and begging) for Rice. I wonder why...

Like I said. Harris is the pick Trump supporters wanted the least. They, like you, were hoping (and begging) for Rice. I wonder why...

I agree with your premise... You have me wrong... I was not begging for anything... I can't stand Trumps' phony crap either... Rice was the most experienced and logical choice... Harris makes no sense to me... That's all.

Pick a name - She's only held a national office for a few years, and before that she was barely winning some elections in her own state... Now she VP material after just a few years as a Senator, and virtually no national policy experience

That was one of my arguments against Obama in 2008.

I preferred Rice due to her foreign policy experience and relationship with Biden, but I believe he has a different position for her in mind.

Ok... I see where this is going... I wanted to have a real conversation about the VP pick, and get actual thoughts and opinions... but we are back to - "But Trump"

For the 10,000th time... I can't stand Trump.... I am not a person that votes blindly along party lines... I judge the person and vote my conscience.

So typical.

PS>... Tulsi Forever!

Then how about you stop playing games and actually have a conversation? I asked you to whom you were comparing Harris and you couldn't give a straight answer.

She spent 13 years as either DA or AG and has another 3 1/2 years in the Senate as well. Can you explain how this means she is in over her head?

I preferred Rice due to her foreign policy experience and relationship with Biden, but I believe he has a different position for her in mind.

Yeah, I can see him asking Rice to be his Secretary of State - Still... the Harris pick for VP is a head scratcher to me... other than what's been brought up here (Trump voters hate her most, Sex, Skin color) I'm not sure why she was the pick or what she brings to the ticket as a VP.

I agree with your premise... You have me wrong... I was not begging for anything... I can't stand Trumps' phony crap either... Rice was the most experienced and logical choice... Harris makes no sense to me... That's all.

Biden boxed himself in to having to select a female VP.. and I think the combination of Biden's propensity for gaffes in regards to race and the current political climate in the country necessitated that he choose a black female for VP.

I think the Biden camp didn't want to deal with the headache of Benghazi and concluded that the negatives they'll deal with in Harris hold less potential damage than Benghazi and Rice.

Then how about you stop playing games and actually have a conversation? I asked you to whom you were comparing Harris and you couldn't give a straight answer.

She spent 13 years as either DA or AG and has another 3 1/2 years in the Senate as well. Can you explain how this means she is in over her head?

I did, and already addressed all that... In fact, I am having conversations with others here about those details now... Keep up.

I think your right, he does have a position in mind but it won't matter if his VP candidate can not help him cross the finish line.

Yeah, I can see him asking Rice to be his Secretary of State - Still... the Harris pick for VP is a head scratcher to me... other than what's been brought up here (Trump voters hate her most, Sex, Skin color) I'm not sure why she was the pick or what she brings to the ticket as a VP.
    I don't think the other posters were necessarily saying that Trump supporters hate Harris the most, but that she's the one they least wanted to face because she's not as easy a target as the other VP options were.

IMO that's why we saw people like Karen Bass floated at the end.. it was to judge the reaction against her versus the reaction against Harris.

Biden boxed himself in to having to select a female VP.. and I think the combination of Biden's propensity for gaffes in regards to race and the current political climate in the country necessitated that he choose a black female for VP.

I think the Biden camp didn't want to deal with the headache of Benghazi and concluded that the negatives they'll deal with in Harris hold less potential damage than Benghazi and Rice.

Okay, I see that... thanks for the response. I still think how unfavorable she was within her own party during the Primaries, and her lack of experience could be a serious liability... but your logic at least makes some sense of the pick. Thanks again.

Kamala Harris will make it harder for Trump to go after them as being soft on crime. They both have pushed very hard on anti-crime legislation in the past, and have long records of being "tough on crime". So Trump can't attack their records to scare people.

That of course is problematic on the progressive end in today's environment. They are definitely not great standard bearers on police reform and are susceptible to being charged as political opportunists on the issue, or Johnny come lately's. They'll have to make the pitch that they are concerned about crime and have worked their whole careers to protect Americans from criminals, but based on the results, they believe that the system they've put in place and have championed needs to change somewhat.

It'll be a somewhat difficult needle to thread.

Kamala Harris will make it harder for Trump to go after them as being soft on crime. They both have pushed very hard on anti-crime legislation in the past, and have long records of being "tough on crime". So Trump can't attack their records to scare people.

That of course is problematic on the progressive end in today's environment. They are definitely not great standard bearers on police reform and are susceptible to being charged as political opportunists on the issue, or Johnny come lately's. They'll have to make the pitch that they are concerned about crime and have worked their whole careers to protect Americans from criminals, but based on the results, they believe that the system they've put in place and have championed needs to change somewhat.

It'll be a somewhat difficult needle to thread.

That is a good point and one I didn't think of. What hurt her in the primary will actually be a + for her now. Especially since all the data is showing all Americans (and the vast majority that live in poorer crime areas) want the same level of police as before all the riots or in many cases want more policing in their communities.
    The main hurdle will be corralling all the apologies both Biden and Harris made about being too tough on crime for the primaries.

Since when does someone’s unsuccessful run for President matter? Biden ran against Obama and got trounced. That is the best they got!?!

Mike Pence was an out of work ex-Governor whose political career was over. Literally over.

He was selected for two reasons-

1) he actually said yes
    2) he is a bible thumping loon that those bible thumping loons like

It is obvious why some don’t want her. Just like Trump said “she is a dream opponent.” And we all know that he means the exact opposite of what he says.

Harris was the smart pick. She checks all of the boxes for Biden.

I would have preferred Tammy Duckworth.

I think your right, he does have a position in mind but it won't matter if his VP candidate can not help him cross the finish line.

The only people I see pissed about this are Trump supporters and young progressives. But the youngsters weren't going to accept anyone not name Bernie or Elizabeth, which is sad. Harris is more progressive than both based on voting record if I remember that report correctly, and they still don't care.

That is a good point and one I didn't think of. What hurt her in the primary will actually be a + for her now. Especially since all the data is showing all Americans (and the vast majority that live in poorer crime areas) want the same level of police as before all the riots or in many cases want more policing in their communities.
    The main hurdle will be corralling all the apologies both Biden and Harris made about being too tough on crime for the primaries.

They have 2 challenges - selling themselves as being the right person to solve the problem, and actually being able to solve the problem.

They can do the "only Nixon can go to China" thing, maybe, on the selling themselves front. Make the case that they are not going to turn the country over to anarchy based on their record, but also say that they know that things need to change from what we have now. I think that's a story they can sell. They'll have to work hard on it though.

I did, and already addressed all that... In fact, I am having conversations with others here about those details now... Keep up.

Except you haven't addressed it. All you've said is Susan Rice is more qualified in your opinion. You've yet to address how Kamala Harris' experience shows that she is in over her head.

Since when does someone’s unsuccessful run for President matter? Biden ran against Obama and got trounced. That is the best they got!?!

Mike Pence was an out of work ex-Governor whose political career was over. Literally over.

He was selected for two reasons-

1) he actually said yes
    2) he is a bible thumping loon that those bible thumping loons like

It is obvious why some don’t want her. Just like Trump said “she is a dream opponent.” And we all know that he means the exact opposite of what he says.

Harris was the smart pick. She checks all of the boxes for Biden.

I would have preferred Tammy Duckworth.

Same here on Duckworth. I think she scares both Trump and Pence. I also think she may be a candidate for a cabinet position, we will see...

Kamala Harris was my 2nd choice though and I think a wise one, we will see on that one also...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom