The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

😂

20C3AB1B-0E91-4CA7-A5BF-8258AB1EFA67.jpeg

This is another pretty large stumble for Biden. This along with his "you ain't black" comment, is yielding a pretty clear picture that he views the black community as pretty monolithic in their concerns and that he's taking their vote for granted.

I think the Democrats are pretty safe this election cycle from mass defections of black Americans, given the opposing candidate and the overall tenor and positioning of the Republican party, but I know quite a few black Americans who are not happy with the Democratic party and are thinking of sitting out this and future elections.
    Is he wrong though? The black community has always....ALWAYS voted at least 90% Democrat. I have seen black conservatives debate that he is not wrong.
    Was it a stupid thing to say, yep, it sure was but I wouldn't say it was racist.
    I also agree that I don't see a mass defection just because of the weirdness of this particular election but I have a few black friends that are more TRUMP than I am.
    I do think a shift will happen but probably not this November, though I hope and pray I am wrong and it is a huge defection. That community deserves so much better.

The black community definitely deserves better than what they typically get from Democrats.

But where are they going to go? The GOP is another option, but it's not a better option. I am of the belief it is unequivocally worse.

I've said before that the Democratic Party's taking-black-vote-for-granted is negligent and irresponsible.

The GOP has had a golden opportunity to embrace them as voters, but have chosen not to. Their platform has not become more inclusive. It has not championed change. It has not advocated for legislation and policies that close gaps in equity.

It's a pretty brutal record, actually.

Had they actually cared, they could have picked up votes and moved an institution. That would have been better for the country and for the voters and for the Party. But at nearly every single turn that have actively decided not to.

Monumentally stupid move, because they are so paranoid about losing their base.

Is he wrong though? The black community has always....ALWAYS voted at least 90% Democrat. I have seen black conservatives debate that he is not wrong.
    Was it a stupid thing to say, yep, it sure was but I wouldn't say it was racist.
    I also agree that I don't see a mass defection just because of the weirdness of this particular election but I have a few black friends that are more TRUMP than I am.
    I do think a shift will happen but probably not this November, though I hope and pray I am wrong and it is a huge defection. That community deserves so much better.
    The show Blackish did a while episode on this. Basically, social stigma.. you must vote this way. I

t is why you still see some moderate and conservative democrats.

The show Blackish did a while episode on this. Basically, social stigma.. you must vote this way. I

t is why you still see some moderate and conservative democrats.
    In a drunken debate this weekend with some friends that have some different views as me, my political view was described as a 'liberal conservative'. Like I said, we were drunk and

In a drunken debate this weekend with some friends that have some different views as me, my political view was described as a 'liberal conservative'. Like I said, we were drunk and

[mod edit] the ship has already sailed on this since there's been back and forth on this before I saw it, but I think this falls under discussing the poster and not the post.[/mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
    According to CNN (no link)... THE PICK IS IN......

..... with the 1st overall pick in the 2020 Presidential election, Joesph Biden selects as his running mate............... (??)

No one knows, but the answer should be coming out shortly

LMAO. You got it man. You are probably right but I couldn't really tell who was who, with the all the bed sheets and white hats were were wearing. Well, everyone but Wilhelm who was cranky because the tall leather boots he wears with his nazi uniform are not very comfortable to lounge on the back deck.

Might be a good idea to read the post I quoted when I said that...you know, for context. But why let facts get in the way of mild outrage.

What you do with your guy friends while drunk aint none of my business. NTTIAWWT

You keep doin you!

What you do with your guy friends while drunk aint none of my business. NTTIAWWT

You keep doin you!
    Thanks for not kink shaming me!
    We always have room for few more if interested. We are super EXTREME!!!

Kamala the Ugandan warrior? gotta be Kamala Harris right? Not keen on Susan Rice pick.

The tea leaves (Harris already announced as a convention speaker and betting markets now favoring Rice) could be indicating it's Rice, but I agree, I'd prefer Harris. We'll find out soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom