The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Here is the yahoo article that has a longer video clip of the interview with Biden where he asks if the guy interviewing him is a junkie. Wow, that's beyond crazy.

Here is the yahoo article that has a longer video clip of the interview with Biden where he asks if the guy interviewing him is a junkie. Wow, that's beyond crazy.

I wholeheartedly agree that it was not a good response from Biden. He should have chosen a better way to get his point across, which was presumably that it is absurd to suggest that he needs a cognitive assessment.

I don't think he was suggesting that the interviewer was a junkie though. His hypothetical was as poorly worded as it was poorly conceived.

“C’mon man,” he chided Barnett. “That’s like saying, ‘You — before you got on this program you took a test where you’re taking cocaine or not, what do you think? Huh? Are you a junkie?’”

You aren't being disingenuous at all. He didn't call him a junkie, it was a poorly worded comparison.

He wasn't calling him a junkie. The point he was trying to make is that asking if he'd had a cognitive test insinuates he needs one, kind of the the equivalent of the "how long has it been since you beat your wife?" question, where the nature of the question insinuates the person is a wife beater.

It did come out somewhat sloppily (not the first time for Biden, for sure -- #youain'tblack), but the point he was making was that he was just as insulted by that question as the interviewer would be if Biden opened the conversation asking "did you pass your drug test before the show?" thereby insinuating that the interviewer had a drug problem.

He wasn't calling him a junkie. The point he was trying to make is that asking if he'd had a cognitive test insinuates he needs one, kind of the the equivalent of the "how long has it been since you beat your wife?" question, where the nature of the question insinuates the person is a wife beater.

It did come out somewhat sloppily (not the first time for Biden, for sure -- #youain'tblack), but the point he was making was that he was just as insulted by that question as the interviewer would be if Biden opened the conversation asking "did you pass your drug test before the show?" thereby insinuating that the interviewer had a drug problem.
    Yeah, I thought that was fairly obvious (not quite as obvious as Trump's "wish her well" sarcasm, but obvious nonetheless).

It's so disappointing that the best that we can hope for from this election is that we'll get a decent vice president and cabinet.

Its so funny to watch Trump supporters post this as some sort of equivalent to the 45 min Axios interview.

There is no comparison at all.

But they will try. And this is all they can find.

Grasping at straws now.

I didn't know that Harris was THIS consistently progressive based on her voting record. Even better for her chances at making it onto the ticket.

It's crazy with some of the responses to the thread... "She didn't vote for everything I care about. She's not a progressive at all."

It's crazy how people act.

This is another pretty large stumble for Biden. This along with his "you ain't black" comment, is yielding a pretty clear picture that he views the black community as pretty monolithic in their concerns and that he's taking their vote for granted.

I think the Democrats are pretty safe this election cycle from mass defections of black Americans, given the opposing candidate and the overall tenor and positioning of the Republican party, but I know quite a few black Americans who are not happy with the Democratic party and are thinking of sitting out this and future elections.

It makes very little sense to me that people like Don Jr are shirt talking how Biden will do in the debates versus Trump.. all they're doing is helping to set the bar lower for Biden than it already is.

Eventually if the bar gets set low enough he just has to go out there and not have a stroke or say the n word and he'll have exceeded expectations.

It makes very little sense to me that people like Don Jr are shirt talking how Biden will do in the debates versus Trump.. all they're doing is helping to set the bar lower for Biden than it already is.

Eventually if the bar gets set low enough he just has to go out there and not have a stroke or say the n word and he'll have exceeded expectations.

It's playground stuff.

He is playing to his base like 2016. They are playing to the segment that loves "burns" and "owning libs". So when Trump attacks Biden personally, and he will, they will get all excited and point to that part of the debate as the "winning" part.

Trump doesnt have the same level of support he had in 2016. So I think they are banking on this tpye of rhetoric to galvanize the party.

I just think many are tired of it. His last 4 years are proof he is more bark than bite.

I agree... Biden simply has to stick to script, offer quip or two when it presents itself and he strolls in Nov

This is another pretty large stumble for Biden. This along with his "you ain't black" comment, is yielding a pretty clear picture that he views the black community as pretty monolithic in their concerns and that he's taking their vote for granted.

I think the Democrats are pretty safe this election cycle from mass defections of black Americans, given the opposing candidate and the overall tenor and positioning of the Republican party, but I know quite a few black Americans who are not happy with the Democratic party and are thinking of sitting out this and future elections.

Thus ensuring their political irrelevancy.

It was definitely an unforced error, but I don't know if it's that big of a stumble. The irony is the point he was trying to make had nothing really to do with Black Americans, he was trying to make a point about the diversity among the Latino population, which is very true (see people of Cuban descent vs. Mexican vs. Puerto Rican, etc.). If he just left it there he would have been fine, but by making a comparison it allowed what he said to be viewed as a sleight.

It was definitely an unforced error, but I don't know if it's that big of a stumble. The irony is the point he was trying to make had nothing really to do with Black Americans, he was trying to make a point about the diversity among the Latino population, which is very true (see people of Cuban descent vs. Mexican vs. Puerto Rican, etc.). If he just left it there he would have been fine, but by making a comparison it allowed what he said to be viewed as a sleight.
    I agree. There was no reason to even bring up another race of people. No comparison was necessary to describe the diversity across the Latino community.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom