The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

the contrast between Biden going to Houston and sitting with Floyd's daughter juxtaposed with Trump not letting Floyd's brother really speak in a phone call is pretty stark

I understand the criticism that it's just a PR stunt, but one tweet I read put it well - if you consider the visit to purely be PR, and that's low, then consider that Trump couldn't even bring himself to do that

And I think that's why Biden's profile has been pretty low - by design, because Trump has been his own worst enemy lately and the polls are pretty explicit in highlighting this

Agreed. The family even mentioned today during the funeral that Biden's time with them Monday meant more than they could say. You also heard it in the message Biden recorded. Of course it's PR, but there's no doubt considering his own life experiences that Biden gets it.

I agree. Biden sees that Trump is melting down and using it to his advantage by keeping quiet and letting Trump talk himself into a corner on a near daily basis. It's working out better than I'm sure he could have ever hoped.

Agreed. Trump is in free fall and he knows it. That's why he's determined to start rallying again in a few weeks.

Agreed. The family even mentioned today during the funeral that Biden's time with them Monday meant more than they could say. You also heard it in the message Biden recorded. Of course it's PR, but there's no doubt considering his own life experiences that Biden gets it.

I don't think that PR/photo op are mutually exclusive - I should have clarified that, too. I do think, from what I've read, that Biden's sincerity and concern for others are genuine and considering this particular family tragedy, I get it.

It is also interesting that Biden gets the PR pass and the praise for his meeting all the while being behind the crime bill that played a significant role in getting us to the place we are at - something Trump had no part in and has actually done, albeit very small, something to counteract Biden's legislation.

It is also interesting that Biden gets the PR pass and the praise for his meeting all the while being behind the crime bill that played a significant role in getting us to the place we are at - something Trump had no part in and has actually done, albeit very small, something to counteract Biden's legislation.

Ah yes. Let's continue to bring up the crime bill that Biden is on record as saying he would change. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I was a senior in high school the year Biden worked to pass the crime bill...

yeah i can’t see anyway his opinion has changed since then. The world, and the US specifically, is indistinguishable from 1994. I mean I still think and act exactly like I did then. /sarcasm

but if we are going to hold people to their Long Ago past, can we talk about the full page ad Trump took out in the NYT demanding the execution of several innocent black men?

Considering the majority of the media is basically an arm of the Democratic party that's not surprising.

Biden has stated that the crime bill was a mistake, has he not? And there was bipartisan support, even among some African American legislators at the time. Going from memory here.

So Biden shows that he can get it wrong, but that he can listen, grow and adjust his ideas.

This election is about the contrast between the two men. And it couldn’t be more stark.

And yes, Trump should get a bit of credit for his part. If only he could stop the divisive rhetoric, quit bathing in conspiracy theories and tweeting, and actually focus on getting something done more often.

His last tweet is weird - a tweet about appointments. Appointments that wouldn't presumably happen under a Democratic President.

It feels like a gentle reminder to any Republicans who might consider saying anything he might not like, because - like it or not - they are wedded to him. And if they want to continue to appoint judges, then they better get in line.

Considering the majority of the media is basically an arm of the Democratic party that's not surprising.

I love that most of the media is am arm thing. That is a riot.

Actually when you look at the ex republicans that host shows all over the place that are non Fox has to say a ton about the status of the republican party. Heck MSNBC has a ton of ex republicans employed. Do you think the state of the party has something to do with why people are independent now?

Heck that Justin dude can't make up his mind at all he went from republican to Indy to libertarian in a freaking year.

The absolute mess that the republican party is in by not being remotely fiscally conservative has life long republicans jumping ship and won't put up with the nonsense.

The real question is how many are gonna throw away their votes

First, I know of a lot of liberals who have been complaining about Clinton and that crime bill for years. Particularly people in BLM.

Second, I think there's a pragmatic consideration at play on the issue. Biden has now admitted that he believes the crime bill is a mistake. So, if you're pragmatic, you'll take someone who can say they were wrong and promises to do better over someone who is not currently aligned with you and has shown no inclination to ever admit they were wrong.

I'm not sure too many people are pinning their hopes on Biden to be a transformative leader, or someone who won't make mistakes.

The real question is how many are gonna throw away their votes

I have made this argument before, but I don’t believe anyone who votes their conscience ever throws away their vote. The only way to throw your vote away IMO is not to participate as an informed voter or not voting at all.

Although I had been a Republican since the 60s, I voted third party on several occasions over the years, including in 2016. I couldn’t bring myself to vote for Trump or Clinton, so Rocky De La Fuente got my vote. I researched the background and positions of all of the minor candidates and chose the one I was most comfortable with who was on Mississippi’s ballot. Had McMullen’s name appeared, I might have voted for him, but it wasn’t. The point is that I knew early that I wasn’t going to vote for one of the major candidates, so I voted for someone who I preferred over them. It wasn’t wasted in my opinion.

Should we make a separate thread for Biden vs Trump polls? Looks like Biden is enjoying a pretty huge lead right now. Still a long way to go. I think at this point Trump is doing the damage to his reelection all on his own, and Biden keeping relatively quiet is a safe bet.

Not sure if a smokescreen or not, but it's interesting nonetheless...

While Abrams may have a good personal story, I don't believe she makes a compelling case for VP. Even if you eliminate everyone other than women of color, she falls well down the list of qualified choices.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom