The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Biden needs to learn to control his temper when he is asked about Hunter. There are a lot of those questions in his future.

And what is Yang thinking? At least he has one handler who recognizes a trainwreck when he sees it.

Maybe Yang is thinking he can siphon off some of the creepy vote from Biden.

Probably why Biden started sucking in his wife’s fingers the other day.

Political correctness is the death of sincerity. :hihi:
    Remember when Obama was called "clean"?
    Now, Bloomberg is having to apologize for calling Booker "well-spoken." That's racist!

“Cory Booker endorsed me a number of times, and I endorsed Cory Booker a number of times. He’s very well spoken, he’s got some good ideas.”
    -Michael Bloomberg

Political correctness is the death of sincerity. :hihi:
    Remember when Obama was called "clean"?
    Now, Bloomberg is having to apologize for calling Booker "well-spoken." That's racist!

People do seem to use it disproportionately when discussing non-white people.

Maybe we should just acknowledge that enough people find it offensive to avoid using it especially when talking about someone who isn’t white?

You probably think it’s silly.

I usually avoid telling people I don’t believe in their god when someone mentions praying or gives advice from the Bible. It isn’t worth the possibility that they might be offended. Even though I think it’s silly.

Maybe we should just acknowledge that enough people find it offensive to avoid using it especially when talking about someone who isn’t white?

I usually avoid telling people I don’t believe in their god when someone mentions praying or gives advice from the Bible. It isn’t worth the possibility that they might be offended. Even though I think it’s silly.
    "Tyranny of the masses" is the term that comes to mind.

Clean or well spoken in reference to a black person is certainly a marker of the sort of racist who generally believes they aren’t racist.

I don’t think those same terms applied to other non-whites are nearly as a reliable indicator of the racism of the speaker.

Clean or well spoken in reference to a black person is certainly a marker of the sort of racist who generally believes they aren’t racist.

I don’t think those same terms applied to other non-whites are nearly as a reliable indicator of the racism of the speaker.
    . . . until next week, when self-appointed thought police vigilantes take offense over some other word or expression, particularly if it's not even directed at them!

But, "jive turkey" will always be acceptable. :rasta:

. . . until next week, when self-appointed thought police vigilantes take offense over some other word or expression, particularly if it's not even directed at them!

But, "jive turkey" will always be acceptable. :rasta:
    You are tilting at the wrong windmill. Referring to a black person as "clean", "articulate", "well spoken" etc is something only an old racist white dude would say.

You are tilting at the wrong windmill. Referring to a black person as "clean", "articulate", "well spoken" etc is something only an old racist white dude would say.
    I'm sure Mayor Bloomberg will make other politically incorrect utterances before all is said and done.

This thread reminds me that Republicans will always expect more from Democrats then their own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom