The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm a father four times over and a grandfather four times over.
    You say I have exactly zero child psychology experience or education?
    No offense, V-Chip, but you're wrong. It's horribly presumptuous of you to even say such a thing.
    Allowing a (correction) 9-year-old kid on a stage to discuss his sexuality with a presidential candidate is abusive, in my opinion.

Having children and grandchildren absolutely does not make you any sort of expert of child psychology.

Your implications that having children and grandchildren serve as qualifications for child psychology is ripe with the Kruger Dunning Principle, which in all honestly seems to be a recurring theme in some of your posts.

Having children and grandchildren absolutely does not make you any sort of expert of child psychology.

Your implications that having children and grandchildren serve as qualifications for child psychology is ripe with the Kruger Dunning Principle, which in all honestly seems to be a recurring theme in some of your posts.
    Never said I was an expert.
    Another poster said I had no experience.
    I pointed out he was wrong. Times 4 and times 4 again. Yes, VERY wrong.

Not as wrong as you are for posting a backhanded insult, calling me incompetent and saying it's a recurring theme in my posts.
    Take that badmouthing garbage to the Mud Pit.

Now, I'm going to point out to you that you don't have to be an "expert" to express the opinion that putting a 9-year-old boy on the stage talking about his sexuality is wrong.

At the very least, as a parent and a man, I would have told him to wait until the girls his own age grow boobs before deciding he prefers boys! :9:

Last edited:
    Never said I was an expert.
    Another poster said I had no experience.
    I pointed out he was wrong. Times 4 and times 4 again. Yes, VERY wrong.

Not as wrong as you are for posting a backhanded insult, calling me incompetent and saying it's a recurring theme in my posts.
    Take that badmouthing garbage to the Mud Pit.

Now, I'm going to point out to you that you don't have to be an "expert" to express the opinion that putting a 9-year-old boy on the stage talking about his sexuality is wrong.

At the very least, as a parent and a man, I would have told him to wait until the girls his own age grow boobs before deciding he prefers boys! :9:

My post was directed at your posts, not an insult on you. I certainly didn't say or imply that you were incompetent.

You absolutely know, if you were being intellectually honest, that your statement about having 4 kids, and 4 grandkids, was absolutely intended to qualify your opinion as being worthy of merit.

It is the epitome of Kruger Dunning Principle.

This isn't the only repetition I has observed in your posts. I also see the same red herring over and over.

When posts call out or disqualify your opinion, you turn the attack on the post, to an attack on you personally, and demand the discussion go to the mud pit.

When your opinion uses terms like "abusive" there can be legal ramifications. Accusing someone of child abuse is serious business. I would hope you consider yourself an expert, or the behavior be so egregious that most reasonable people would agree its child abuse.

I don't like Mayor Pete either, but your cognitive bias is hanging out for the world to see. The mental gymnastics you are going through to paint this in the most negative light possible for mayor pete is beyond partisan and some LGTBQ+ friends of mine would consider it homophobic.

My post was directed at your posts, not an insult on you. I certainly didn't say or imply that you were incompetent.

You absolutely know, if you were being intellectually honest, that your statement about having 4 kids, and 4 grandkids, was absolutely intended to qualify your opinion as being worthy of merit.

It is the epitome of Kruger Dunning Principle.

This isn't the only repetition I has observed in your posts. I also see the same red herring over and over.

When posts call out or disqualify your opinion, you turn the attack on the post, to an attack on you personally, and demand the discussion go to the mud pit.

When your opinion uses terms like "abusive" there can be legal ramifications. Accusing someone of child abuse is serious business. I would hope you consider yourself an expert, or the behavior be so egregious that most reasonable people would agree its child abuse.

I don't like Mayor Pete either, but your cognitive bias is hanging out for the world to see. The mental gymnastics you are going through to paint this in the most negative light possible for mayor pete is beyond partisan and some LGTBQ+ friends of mine would consider it homophobic.
    How many kids and grandkids do you have?

Hundreds.
    Maybe thousands, I've lost count.
    Take off your shoes, you can count higher.

If anybody criticized Obama, they were labeled as a racist and dismissed.
    If anybody criticizes Buttigeg, they're labeled as a homophobe and dismissed.

Sorry, I refuse to be labeled and dismissed. Having a 9-year-old boy on a stage talking about his sexuality with a presidential candidate is wrong.
    It's child abuse, and I would question the parent's judgement.

And I meant what I said about telling the 9-year-old kid to wait until girls his age grow boobs before deciding he prefers boys. :yes:

For clarity, I work in education.

I work serving an underprivileged population.

I have numerous course hours in child and educational psychology, and am working on an advanced degree in educational leadership.

I see REAL child abuse on a heartbreakingly regular basis.

I see kids who's parents tried to "beat the queer" out of their middle school sons.

Who's fathers have disowned them, grandmothers have condemned them to hell. Your framing this as "abusive" for partisan points was more than I could read without comment.

My objections are not meant to be an attack on you as a person.

You are not being dismissed as homophobic because you are criticizing mayor pete, you are being dismissed as homophobic because you are being homophobic.

You would tell the 9 year to "wait til girls grow boobs" (your words) so you are clearly comfortable with having conversations of a sexual nature with a 9 year old, which by the way is completely appropriate, but your objection was due to the nature of his sexuality was homosexual.

Your objection to this is based clearly by him being homosexual, that is textbook homophobia.

Last edited:
    For clarity, I work in education.

I work serving an underprivileged population.

I have numerous course hours in child and educational psychology, and am working on an advanced degree in educational leadership.

I see REAL child abuse on a heartbreakingly regular basis.

I see kids who's parents tried to "beat the queer" out of their middle school sons.

Who's fathers have disowned them, grandmothers have condemned them to hell. Your framing this as "abusive" for partisan points was more than I could read without comment.

My objections are not meant to be an attack on you as a person.
    You are not being dismissed as homophobic because you are criticizing mayor pete, you are being dismissed as homophobic because you are being homophobic.

You would tell the 9 year to "wait til girls grow boobs" (your words) so you are clearly comfortable with having conversations of a sexual nature with a 9 year old, which be the way is completely appropriate, but your objection was due to the nature of his sexuality was homosexual.

Your objection to this is based clearly by him being homosexual, that is textbook homophobia.
    Well, JJ, we may be able to find some common ground.
    Perhaps you're wearing your passion on your sleeve a bit and I can respect that.
    I was comfortable with having conversations of a sexual nature with my own kids as their father. They're all in their 30s now.
    Labeling me a homophobe . . . gee, you should have been there when I went to my childhood best friend's funeral as a poll bearer, in full military uniform. He died of AIDS in the late 1980s.
    Your assessment is way off base because you only see what you want to see.
    Put down the textbook and meet some real people.
    Like I said, we may find some common ground.

So just curious because I honestly con not remember but did the R's have this many debates during their primary?

Well, JJ, we may be able to find some common ground.
    Perhaps you're wearing your passion on your sleeve a bit and I can respect that.
    I was comfortable with having conversations of a sexual nature kids as their father. They're all in their 30s now.
    Labeling me a homophobe . . . gee, you should have been there when I went to my childhood best friend's funeral as a poll bearer, in full military uniform. He died of AIDS in the late 1980s.
    Your assessment is way off base because you only see what you want to see.
    Put down the textbook and meet some real people.
    Like I said, we may find some common ground.

This is where a LOT of people miss the boat.

You DO NOT have to "be a homophobe" to have homophobic behavior. The presence of hatred or malice is not required for there to be homophobic behavior.

Having gay friends doesn't prevent you from doing homophobic things, anymore than having a black friend insulates you from saying racist things.

To further display your lack of sensitivity, AIDS is not an affliction only on the gay community. Your efforts to remove the "homophobe" stigma, only re-enforced the impression that you are leaving behind.

I am assuming that since you objected to the homophobe term that the AIDS comment was supposed to indicate that he was Gay, but that is also homophobic.

Maybe homophobia isn't so much about you, but about how you are making our LGTBQ+ friends feel.

As far as putting the textbook down and meeting real people, I interact with hundreds on a daily basis. Many who are subject to legitimate abuse, and a notable about of the abuse is seeded in homophobia.

This is where a LOT of people miss the boat.

You DO NOT have to "be a homophobe" to have homophobic behavior. The presence of hatred or malice is not required for there to be homophobic behavior.

Having gay friends doesn't prevent you from doing homophobic things, anymore than having a black friend insulates you from saying racist things.

To further display your lack of sensitivity, AIDS is not an affliction only on the gay community. Your efforts to remove the "homophobe" stigma, only re-enforced the impression that you are leaving behind.

I am assuming that since you objected to the homophobe term that the AIDS comment was supposed to indicate that he was Gay, but that is also homophobic.

Maybe homophobia isn't so much about you, but about how you are making our LGTBQ+ friends feel.

As far as putting the textbook down and meeting real people, I interact with hundreds on a daily basis. Many who are subject to legitimate abuse, and a notable about of the abuse is seeded in homophobia.
    Thank you for the lecture. You assume too much and your presumptions about me are presumptuous. But, you seem sincere.

hope this is allowed

ERqBzq-U4AA1z8o

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom