The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Can't believe it's 2020 and some people are still talking about HC
    Anyways,

Nice editing

Hmm

Actually what Bloomberg did reminds me of this article
    "Researchers said it’s the intent of the video that should be scrutinized: Was the editing meant to draw attention to real events — or to fudge the boundaries around the truth? "

Last edited:
    Can't believe it's 2020 and some people are still talking about HC
    Well what do you want them to bring up?

The tariffs? The national debt? How we accually are in dire need of immigration to keep the economy going?

That would be just plain silly when you can chant locker her up and bring up HC rather than discuss real problems.

Hah, you guys can forget us dropping HRC anytime soon.

You gifted her to us, and we are not giving her back.

BTW, just this past week the guy who has spent 430MM trying to get the Democratic nomination floated the idea that he would choose her as VP. She is very active in this election cycle. So, get used to it.

I was simply asking if the pandering accent that all politicians use actually works on any voter. I used HRC and Biden (because they both did that "not no tired" shtick to appeal to the AA voters) and you guys have gone on for a half a page how we can't let HRC go. I am sorry you guys nominated the worst possible candidate last year and merely mentioning her name gets everyone so up in arms. I will do better.

I was simply asking if the pandering accent that all politicians use actually works on any voter. I used HRC and Biden (because they both did that "not no tired" shtick to appeal to the AA voters) and you guys have gone on for a half a page how we can't let HRC go. I am sorry you guys nominated the worst possible candidate last year and merely mentioning her name gets everyone so up in arms. I will do better.

I think some people appreciate the effort to use their native language. Some cringe. Most are indifferent. I don't think it wins or losses any candidate votes. No different than when ivy league educated Republicans intentionally sound like rural country bumpkins in order to appeal to their base.

Trump was the worst candidate in 2016, the electoral college just elected him.

I think some people appreciate the effort to use their native language. Some cringe. Most are indifferent. I don't think it wins or losses any candidate votes. No different than when ivy league educated Republicans intentionally sound like rural country bumpkins in order to appeal to their base.

Yeah, the electoral college has a tendency to do that. It's almost as if there is a rule that they play a role.

Oh come on, he puts forth good effort in trying to have a decent conversation. I think you are just a little embarrassed that you actually defended Hillary on her fake southern accent.

I wasn’t sure where she was raised which is why I said “correct?” at the end of statement. Either way, if you want to pretend that spending 20 years in Arkansas cannot possibly result in a change in a persons accent then you are just being ridiculous.

You guys calling her accent fake are just telling us more about your obsession with her than anything else.

I actually didn't mention anyone by name, and that was intentional. What if I told you my comment was about everyone blabbing about HC and not just you in particular?

I actually didn't mention anyone by name, and that was intentional. What if I told you my comment was about everyone blabbing about HC and not just you in particular?
    I would say that was a smart take on the situation.

I could see some folks appreciating it and you are correct, I think most of us, just roll our eyes and see it for what it is but to me it is a turn off as a voter. I know the candidate and know where they are from if I am going through the trouble of watching these people speak so I don't want to see a bunch of pandering or being fake. They are politicians so I guess it is all baked into a cake that doesn't taste that great but it is all we have.

Hah, you guys can forget us dropping HRC anytime soon.

You gifted her to us, and we are not giving her back.
    You're a pawn.
    BTW, just this past week the guy who has spent 430MM trying to get the Democratic nomination floated the idea that he would choose her as VP. She is very active in this election cycle. So, get used to it.
    When Trump said he would fund his own campaign, it was a virtue though, right?
    The only difference is, Bloomberg actually has the money to do it.

You're a pawn.

When Trump said he would fund his own campaign, it was a virtue though, right?
    The only difference is, Bloomberg actually has the money to do it.

Instead of spending your energy on name calling, just try to keep up with the thread. The point is that a candidate who is heavily invested in the race was just floating Hillary's name as VP this week. She is still relevant in Democratic politics so there is no need to act surprised when her name is mentioned on this board.

I wasn’t sure where she was raised which is why I said “correct?” at the end of statement. Either way, if you want to pretend that spending 20 years in Arkansas cannot possibly result in a change in a persons accent then you are just being ridiculous.

You guys calling her accent fake are just telling us more about your obsession with her than anything else.

20 years? That clip was from 1983, 8 years after she moved to Arkansas.

She lived outside of Chicago and then on the east coast until she moved to Arkansas at age of 28. By the way she moved to Little Rock and worked at a law firm, not a cotton plantation.

I have lived in the South most of my life, and she sounds to me like she is trying out for a part in a high school production of Gone With the Wind.

But, you can trick yourself into believing it's authentic if it makes you happy.

20 years? That clip was from 1983, 8 years after she moved to Arkansas.

She lived outside of Chicago and then on the east coast until she moved to Arkansas at age of 28. By the way she moved to Little Rock and worked at a law firm, not a cotton plantation.

I have lived in the South most of my life, and she sounds to me like she is trying out for a part in a high school production of Gone With the Wind.

But, you can trick yourself into believing it's authentic if it makes you happy.
    You've apparently never been to Little Rock. Doesn't matter that she worked at a law firm, everyone in that town has a huge southern drawl.

Instead of spending your energy on name calling, just try to keep up with the thread. The point is that a candidate who is heavily invested in the race was just floating Hillary's name as VP this week. She is still relevant in Democratic politics so there is no need to act surprised when her name is mentioned on this board.
    It takes very little energy to point out the obvious.

but not relevant to this topic, which last I looked was called
    The Democratic candidates 2020 tracker thread

It doesn't matter how large you make the font, you are wrong. Not only is she involved in the Democratic nomination process in 2020, she provided very good examples of pandering through linguistics which was the reason she was brought up in this instance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom