The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure if this goes in the Media thread or this thread.

So Iran shoots down a plane that took off from an Iranian airport in Iran. Nothing has happened in Iran in regards to the US and our allied forces in Iran, disregard that Iran killed maybe a thousand of its own people in political protests. Terrorists go bye bye in Iraq. Iran shoots missiles into Iraq with little damage. Iran tells everyone they are standing down. Trump says all is well. Hours later Iran lets a airliner take off from Iran and Iran shoots down the plane. This wasn't part of a tit for tat, this was Iran being very stupid and being very bad at their jobs. And now since WWIII did not happen, this is now Trumps fault. Because..........Orange man bad.

I think it's fair to say that Iran via proxy attacking our Embassy, then our retaliation by killing Soleimani, had tensions at high levels.

Those high tensions, certain weapons systems on alert, is what caused this. if you want to say it's indirectly due to the tit for tat vs directly, ok. But Pete's not exactly wrong.

Its being reported that the next Democratic debate will only include white candidates, but isn't Warren in it?;)
    It's kind of weird to me how that is the message that plays out there (ignoring the jab at Warren, btw).

I mean, I get it. I do.

But having a gay man, a Jewish man, and a woman isn't diversity, just because they're also white? We have one guy in his 30's and the others are significantly older.

I had a lot of hopes for Kamala Harris at first. I usually like her, but her same issues were her current issues. When she's prepared, she's sharp, and hard to beat. When she's not, she's just bad... She strikes out on too many things.

I like a lot of the points Yang makes, but he's not a politician, so that won't fly with the Democrats. We want someone with some skins on the wall. Even if they're small. Also, his freedom dividend is an interesting theory,but it just won't work. The issues are more structural in terms of "what constitutes fair pay for what type of work". Does type of work matter? Should it?

I don't think it's in Bernie's nature (well, maybe), but I'm shocked when they hit him on the lack of Diversity he didn't go full blown, "I'm a Jew! In case you haven't noticed, white supremacists hate us too! Haven't you seen the crimes committed at Synagogues? You think I don't deal with stereotypes?" (Imagine all of this with him Yelling it out)

I know that Iran bears the blame, because the error was theirs. But to pretend there wasn’t a reason they had those defensive weapons active, and that the reason wasn’t directly related to the actions they took after the US decision to kill their top general, is really wearing blinders. It was a series of events that the US participated in as well. And citing Trump’s tweet that “all is well” as an indication that Iran shouldn’t have had their defensive systems active is a bit silly. They and we were certainly both still on high alert at that point. Probably still are, tbh.

To try to say Pete’s statement was “blaming“ Trump is a big overstatement as well. It’s like you guys are looking for reasons to get offended, IMO.

Not sure if this goes in the Media thread or this thread.

So Iran shoots down a plane that took off from an Iranian airport in Iran. Nothing has happened in Iran in regards to the US and our allied forces in Iran, disregard that Iran killed maybe a thousand of its own people in political protests. Terrorists go bye bye in Iraq. Iran shoots missiles into Iraq with little damage. Iran tells everyone they are standing down. Trump says all is well. Hours later Iran lets a airliner take off from Iran and Iran shoots down the plane. This wasn't part of a tit for tat, this was Iran being very stupid and being very bad at their jobs. And now since WWIII did not happen, this is now Trumps fault. Because..........Orange man bad.

I know that Iran bears the blame, because the error was theirs. But to pretend there wasn’t a reason they had those defensive weapons active, and that the reason wasn’t directly related to the actions they took after the US decision to kill their top general, is really wearing blinders. It was a series of events that the US participated in as well. And citing Trump’s tweet that “all is well” as an indication that Iran shouldn’t have had their defensive systems active is a bit silly. They and we were certainly both still on high alert at that point. Probably still are, tbh.

To try to say Pete’s statement was “blaming“ Trump is a big overstatement as well. It’s like you guys are looking for reasons to get offended, IMO.

If this is the way you look at it then Iran started it when an Iran supported militia (or whatever it was) attacked one of our bases and killed one of our contractors and wounded several servicemen.

Sure, you can keep going back forever on that front, ray. The escalating attacks by Iran proxies was brought about by the US unilaterally pulling out of an agreement and reimposing sanctions, etc. etc.

This is the very definition of tit for tat.

Sure, you can keep going back forever on that front, ray. The escalating attacks by Iran proxies was brought about by the US unilaterally pulling out of an agreement and reimposing sanctions, etc. etc.

Problem is you can go back all the way and it ultimately just makes the US look even worse.

If you are wanting to defend America vs Iran, playing the original sin game with Iran-US relations is only going to backfire.

And this incident is really a microcosm of that relationship(and frankly, post WWII American foreign policy in general). America does something stupid and short-sighted that they have no right to do(abandon a working non-proliferation agreement and impose crippling sanctions), which fails to achieve the state’s goal, then things spiral out into unforeseen and unintended consequences(downed civilian plane).

Last edited:

Except Iran was engaging in attacks before we pulled out of the agreement.

Iran started it back in 1979 and I am pretty sure they have killed more or us than we have of them.

If this is the way you look at it then Iran started it when an Iran supported militia (or whatever it was) attacked one of our bases and killed one of our contractors and wounded several servicemen.
    Which was the tit for tat Pete stated.

He never blamed Trump or just the US. He said, the tit for tat between two countries.

You really dont think both Iran and the US were on higher alert than usual?

I dont see the "offense" to the president. I think he gave a fair, lucid comment.

If this thread is to point out gaffes and such, this really isnt even close to one. Try again. I'm sure there are easier examples.

Except Iran was engaging in attacks before we pulled out of the agreement.

I actually said escalating, not commencement of attacks. Which would infer there were attacks before, would it not?

I am pretty sure defensive weapons systems are always operational, especially by an airport. They did shoot down a US drone a couple of months back with the defensive weapons.

And just like that, Cory Booker is out.

"Our campaign has reached the point where we need more money to scale up and continue building a campaign that can win -- money we don't have, and money that is harder to raise because I won't be on the next debate stage and because the urgent business of impeachment will rightly be keeping me in Washington," Booker wrote.

Well, we knew it had to happen at some point to separate themselves. Interesting to see how this plays out...

Well, we knew it had to happen at some point to separate themselves. Interesting to see how this plays out...

I don;t have a link right now but CNN was reporting that Sanders told Warren in 2018 that a woman could not win the Presidency. Probably something leaked by Warren staff.

I don;t have a link right now but CNN was reporting that Sanders told Warren in 2018 that a woman could not win the Presidency. Probably something leaked by Warren staff.

Yeah, posting that one too...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom