Tech Issues with the board (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

V Chip

Truth Addict
    Reaction score
    Once I saw a couple myself, figured I would start the thread.

Jim's post shows up oddly in https://madaboutpolitics.com/threads/russian-attitudes-taking-hold-in-us.20267/page-6#post-22619
    1570207750338.png

Also, typo in the pulldown for prefix for posts:
    1570207804996.png

Similar to the first oddity I posted:

I clicked on the thread as it was marked as having unread posts:
    1570228594742.png

But when clicking on that thread, it brought me way back in the thread to this oddly formatted post:
    1570228679222.png

Yeah, the comment feature confused me. When someone “comments” on the first post in a thread it looks weird. Later in the thread it looks fine, I think.

Yeah, the comment feature confused me. When someone “comments” on the first post in a thread it looks weird. Later in the thread it looks fine, I think.
    I get it now. But it is confusing, as I believe when someone comments, the thread goes to "unread" (or new posts) but when you click on it after a comment, it takes you to the comment and then it is hard to get back to the new posts in the thread if there are also new posts in addition to the comment.

I get it now. But it is confusing, as I believe when someone comments, the thread goes to "unread" (or new posts) but when you click on it after a comment, it takes you to the comment and then it is hard to get back to the new posts in the thread if there are also new posts in addition to the comment.

Agreed. The only thing this feature seems destined to do is ensure that people miss full posts in the thread. It takes a normal forum setup and moves it in the direction of Reddit, which is not a positive change, imo.

This is not a tech issue, but if the original post in a thread is going to repeat at the top of each page in the thread, would it be possible to get it colored like it is at SR? It's particularly bothersome on mobile.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom