Sometimes you Gaetz karma (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

They put that up with the best intentions, they are good people...lol

I'm sure the nice patriotic folk that constructed this were the very same folks that were hugging and kissing law enforcement on their way into the Capital.....

as had I.

and im really preferential to the name "troll".
    So it seems that anyone who challenges the groupthink here is a "troll" ?

So much for a 'discussion forum'. I don't think I've ever met a bunch of people with such closed minds. Good luck.
    Are you basing that conclusion just on your own experience and the information available to you?

You really shouldn't pass judgement until the jury has reached a decision, innocent until proven guilty and all that.
    Roofgardener Troll isn't from the UK.

Look, I'm 'just a guy' here, but c'mon y'all. Nowhere in the history of internet message boards has calling someone a Troll every worked out well for the discussion. Just because he's a pain in the rear to many of us, doesn't make him a troll.

All that ends up happening is that you prove the 'conservative's' usually weak point that this place can't foster discussion and turns to group think and name calling. Now, clearly there is usually more to the story, as there is here, but let's be honest. Many of you show no ability to bite your tongues and avoid being rude and calling names.

Being a PITA doesn't make one a Troll. You have no clue is he's from the UK or not, I'm sure the mods do. But the fact is there is a wave of populism all over the globe, and there are tens, if not hundreds of millions of people who all think similarly and get their news from the same 5-10 sources, and continue their own version of group think. That doesn't make them trolls (sometimes it does), it doesn't make them retreads, it just means they all think alike or are being sold the same ideas.

But for Pete's sake, this is such a stupid conversation to have in this topic. Are you that bored? Are you that frustrated with the political climate that you can't actually engage in discourse? You just want them to agree with you?

I wanted to say something days ago (maybe to different posters). This is so annoying.

Look, I'm 'just a guy' here, but c'mon y'all. Nowhere in the history of internet message boards has calling someone a Troll every worked out well for the discussion. Just because he's a pain in the rear to many of us, doesn't make him a troll.

All that ends up happening is that you prove the 'conservative's' usually weak point that this place can't foster discussion and turns to group think and name calling. Now, clearly there is usually more to the story, as there is here, but let's be honest. Many of you show no ability to bite your tongues and avoid being rude and calling names.

Being a PITA doesn't make one a Troll. You have no clue is he's from the UK or not, I'm sure the mods do. But the fact is there is a wave of populism all over the globe, and there are tens, if not hundreds of millions of people who all think similarly and get their news from the same 5-10 sources, and continue their own version of group think. That doesn't make them trolls (sometimes it does), it doesn't make them retreads, it just means they all think alike or are being sold the same ideas.

But for Pete's sake, this is such a stupid conversation to have in this topic. Are you that bored? Are you that frustrated with the political climate that you can't actually engage in discourse? You just want them to agree with you?

I wanted to say something days ago (maybe to different posters). This is so annoying.

For the record, i never called anyone a troll. I was just trying to be a mirror.

I’m just happy to have avoided Papa Wardo’s ire this time.

For the record, I didn't call him a troll either. And for posterity's sake, I'll note that he didn't address a single point in the post I made about his victimhood.

I was gonna say it, but you articulated this a lot better than I could. I'd rather just leave the name calling out as well.

I believe he is a troll, all of the classic troll moves are on display with him....and also believe there is a strong possibility he is not from the UK. I have a right to my opinion, you have the right to disagree, the mods have the right to tell me to stop name-calling, if they do then I will....

I was gonna say it, but you articulated this a lot better than I could. I'd rather just leave the name calling out as well.

"Troll" isn't an imprecation, it's a description.
    'ignored member' is a troll. Walks like a troll, talks like a troll, ignores clear responses like a troll. I see little point in calling us useful posters out over the behavior of one who's clearly contributed jack-shirte to any discussion he's ever been part of.

For my money, 'ignored member' should be just that, universally. You'd be amazed by how much the discussion quality rises and signal-to-noise ratio improves.

"Troll" isn't an imprecation, it's a description.
    'ignored member' is a troll. Walks like a troll, talks like a troll, ignores clear responses like a troll. I see little point in calling us useful posters out over the behavior of one who's clearly contributed jack-shirte to any discussion he's ever been part of.

For my money, 'ignored member' should be just that, universally. You'd be amazed by how much the discussion quality rises and signal-to-noise ratio improves.

Sure, but that's never been my m.o. I'm more about debating ideas rather than describing a poster. If I don't like a poster, challenge his ideas or ignore him. But that's just me.

For what it's worth, I think @Roofgardener has been about as good a conservative as we can expect these days. It would annoy me to no end if a liberal poster posted like that, but I do think we should definitely be grading on a curve for conservatives at this point.

He might also be the only conservative left not to put me on ignore, so any feedback is better than no feedback.

I’m just happy to have avoided Papa Wardo’s ire this time.
    Actually..... I think you're one of the ones from the last week or two..lol.

I'm not trying to be poster specific though. Just grabbed some convenient quotes.

Actually..... I think you're one of the ones from the last week or two..lol.

I'm not trying to be poster specific though. Just grabbed some convenient quotes.
    Imma need you to find that quote or I'm filing a libel suit.

Imma need you to find that quote or I'm filing a libel suit.
    I just did a search of just the word "troll" out of curiosity to see how often it's used and how. I didn't really pay attention to the people using it though so I don't know if you were one. It seems that there's a lot more usage of the word troll between people talking about someone they consider a troll than there is actually calling someone a troll as an insult. Surprisingly (well, maybe not, actually), when Roof is actually straight up called a troll, he doesn't even seem to mind or take issue with it. I just saw a lot of posts he made that didn't contain the word troll in that search, so I clicked on them. When I did, it brought me to replies to posts where he was called a troll or where people were talking about him being a troll, and none of those replies contained any issue from Roof with being called a troll. I guess he's just really used to it.

ETA: I did the work for you. Page 3 of the search before you come up and you don't seem to be throwing it at anyone. Looks like someone accused you of trolling two months ago.

The Incontrovertible Science and Mathematics of God's Existence
    I’m not trolling in the slightest. But I am pointing out the circular nature of your argument.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom