Should transgender women have access to cis female sexual and reproductive healthcare? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Intensesaint

Reaction score
    Meaning, do you believe that trans women should be afforded access to gynecologists where they can get pelvic exams, cervical screenings, or exams because they want to take female based contraceptives?

The National Center for Transgender Equality believes this.

Last edited:
    Meaning, do you believe that trans women should be afforded access to gynecologists where they can get pelvic exams, cervical screenings, or exams because they want to take female based contraceptives?

If a doctor decides there is a need for it, it’s none of my business.

Im not sure it’s any of our business anyway.

Do you have a good reason to be against it?

Do you have a good reason to be against it?

Yeah my reasoning is common sense.

You don't take away resources from actual women with actual female biology to cater a social identity to make somebody feel better about themselves.

A doctor's time and the resources involved should not be wasted on giving a trans woman a cervical exam.

I think so, when it is medically necessary or relevant. Like should a doctor be forced to give a transwoman a pregnancy test, or a transman a prostate exam? No. I don't. But the use of hormones and psychological struggles many of these people endure make them a higher risk for cancer and STI's. So yes, medical professionals should be professional and see them when they seek care.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand gender dysphoria and it's cause, but I also don't believe that we "throw away" people that we don't understand. When they're not a danger to others of course. A man wanting to live life as a woman doesn't hurt me or mess my life up in any way. And there are so few statistically anyway, So why would I want to make their life any harder and them feel even more isolated than they already do?

Yeah my reasoning is common sense.

You don't take away resources from actual women with actual female biology to cater a social identity to make somebody feel better about themselves.

A doctor's time and the resources involved should not be wasted on giving a trans woman a cervical exam.

Is there a shortage of gynecologists?

Maybe we shouldn’t cut funding to planned parenthood if women are having trouble getting the care they need.

Is there a shortage of gynecologists?

Maybe we shouldn’t cut funding to planned parenthood if women are having trouble getting the care they need.
    There’s a fairly grotesque dynamic here in the pearl clutching about diminishing access and resources for woman’s healthcare from people that caucus with those that have fought vociferously to reduce direct funding for woman’s healthcare and force the market and government to support propping up barriers to entry for woman to receive all manner of gender related healthcare services.

In this case, in order to seemingly punish and deny of a marginalized group they disdain for personal reasons.

There’s a fairly grotesque dynamic here in the pearl clutching about diminishing access and resources for woman’s healthcare from people that caucus with those that have fought vociferously to reduce direct funding for woman’s healthcare and force the market and government to support propping up barriers to entry for woman to receive all manner of gender related healthcare services.

In this case, in order to seemingly punish and deny of a marginalized group they disdain for personal reasons.

Yea, suddenly when women’s health can be weaponized in the war against trans, conservatives start knitting vagina hats.

Last edited:
    Women’s healthcare has been under a huge attack from Republicans. If women can’t get access to needed healthcare it’s certainly not because of trans individuals.

Intense, is this being discussed in conservative circles as an issue now?

Directly from your link:

"Transgender people need preventive health screenings. Standard preventive health screenings are generally recommended for the body parts a patient has regardless of that patient’s gender identity, including breast, cervical, and prostate cancer screenings."

Cancer doesn't care about gender identity. Trans women are still at risk for prostate cancer. Trans men are still at risk for cervical cancer.

My take is that all people should have access to all necessary health care. That includes the ability to see a doctor, a dentist, a psychiatrist, and any other medical professional. All people, period.

I think so, when it is medically necessary or relevant. Like should a doctor be forced to give a transwoman a pregnancy test, or a transman a prostate exam? No. I don't. But the use of hormones and psychological struggles many of these people endure make them a higher risk for cancer and STI's. So yes, medical professionals should be professional and see them when they seek care.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand gender dysphoria and it's cause, but I also don't believe that we "throw away" people that we don't understand. When they're not a danger to others of course. A man wanting to live life as a woman doesn't hurt me or mess my life up in any way. And there are so few statistically anyway, So why would I want to make their life any harder and them feel even more isolated than they already do?

I agree that, for example, a transgender woman should have access to a prostate exam - assuming that is still medically relevant.

Part of the problem may be with the terminology. For example, the literature that was attached said that transgender women who have sex with men may be at risk for pregnancy.

My understanding who we refer to as a "transgender woman" is a biological male who is transitioning to a "woman." If that's correct, then there is no risk of pregnancy.

I agree that, for example, a transgender woman should have access to a prostate exam - assuming that is still medically relevant.

Part of the problem may be with the terminology. For example, the literature that was attached said that transgender women who have sex with men may be at risk for pregnancy.

My understanding who we refer to as a "transgender woman" is a biological male who is transitioning to a "woman." If that's correct, then there is no risk of pregnancy.

I just don’t understand why we can’t leave it up to the doctor and patient to decide what is necessary.

Are trans people bleeding Medicare and insurance companies dry with unecassary Pap smears?

I just don’t understand why we can’t leave it up to the doctor and patient to decide what is necessary.

Are trans people bleeding Medicare and insurance companies dry with unecassary Pap smears?

Why should we allow doctors conduct and charge for procedures that we know are not medically necessary?

That doesn't seem like we are being good stewards of the taxpayers money.

Why should we allow doctors conduct and charge for procedures that we know are not medically necessary?

That doesn't seem like we are being good stewards of the taxpayers money.

Even in the worst case scenario, the amount of taxpayer money misused wouldn’t register in the top 100 worth addressing.

Bringing this up as an issue isn’t about being good stewards of taxpayers money.

People who do not like accepting the idea of trans people are using this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sing-wax-complains-gynecologist-wont-her.html

I brought this up on the Conv board a little bit ago. This is going on in Canada so not sure medicare if an issue.

Yeah but that individual has been proven to be an attention and financial seeking person using their status to attempt to benefit for themselves. Not to just lead a normal life.

I do not personally know enough about trans medical needs and would much rather leave it all to doctors to decide. I also don't personally know enough about gynecologic exams to give an opinion on what might be needed as well, so once again I'll leave that to doctors to decide. I do however think that eventually there's going to be a need to make an overall decision on what is necessary.

At least you admit they are unnecessary. so that's a big step.

This type of reply doesn’t do anything to help your argument.

If you are just dying to unleash the brilliant snark you just came up with, at least throw in something substantive.

So, the real question is, should insurance/MedicAid be forced to pay for unnecessary medical procedures for people who want them?

The answer is no.

We have enough issues as it is giving people the medical procedures they need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom