Should this video be removed from Youtube concerning Biden? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheRealTruth

Reaction score

I ask because it's so long ago. Because people change, is there a point that things said in the past should no longer apply?

Don't worry, it is bad optics for Biden, it will be taken down or fact checked, either way, you guys are good.

But yes, it is relevant during a presidential campaign. If high school year books are fair game for a justice then old lies of a presidential candidate are legit also.

What does it remaining up on or being taken down by YouTube have to do with the topic of its relevancy?

Is the question just about the justification of its existence or becoming a talking point based on its age?

Don't worry, it is bad optics for Biden, it will be taken down or fact checked, either way, you guys are good.

who is "you guys"?

I ask because it's so long ago. Because people change, is there a point that things said in the past should no longer apply?

So Biden may have cribbed some talking points from the labor party 35 years ago....in a world where Donald Trump is president and literally regurgitating talking points from his propaganda network every day as his own thoughts? Lying or misleading the American people literally tens of thousands of times. A wife that stole Michelle Obama’s speech, and a president that habitually lies about his background and achievements.

Should this matter? Not unless you are being consistent in your critique, to which Donald Trump disqualified himself sometime in the early 80’s.

Could this matter? I guess, since we live in a world where the media bends over backwards to try and equivocate whatever two objects they are comparing to appear “unbiased” and armchair internet pundits have instinctively adopted that nonsense into their psyche as if it is second nature.

Should it be removed? Nah

Last edited:

But yes, it is relevant during a presidential campaign. If high school year books are fair game for a justice then old lies of a presidential candidate are legit also.

Rs digging 35 years back on opponent is revealing.

Even worse for them, Ds only have to post yesterday's POTUS tweets (or video of press conference) to expose lies.

Rs digging 35 years back on opponent is revealing.

Even worse for them, Ds only have to post yesterday's POTUS tweets (or video of press conference) to expose lies.

What is the cut off limit? I mean people are still crying about Trump stuff from the 70s and 80s. So it it the 90s? 2000s? Also let's be fair you only have to go back 2 days to find stuff on Biden.

We're 10 posts in and there's not much really happening here in terms of productive discussion.

Consensus seems to be that if the Democrats are going to go back three or more decades, then so should the GOP. I don't see anyone calling for the video to be taken down.

I'm not sure what else is supposed to be or going to be added. It doesn't seem to be something any potential Biden voters are especially coming to the defense of keeping quiet.

What is the cut off limit? I mean people are still crying about Trump stuff from the 70s and 80s. So it it the 90s? 2000s? Also let's be fair you only have to go back 2 days to find stuff on Biden.

Biden says something from 35 years ago and it never really comes up again.

Trump has shown a pattern since the 80s until yesterday. If you think that's similar in any regards, then really no use having conversation because somehow a video from 35 years ago is equivalent to Trump's 35 years of lying lol.

Brett Kavanaugh approves this message.

Sure, except that instead of acknowledging and apologizing Kavanaugh lied and denied. No one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes. The question is, did you learn and better yourself or did you just try to hide/ignore and carry on with business as usual?

No, I don’t advocate taking that video down. I have seen that reported elsewhere, so it wasn’t news to me. It is interesting that several decades ago Biden did inappropriately plagiarize some people’s campaigns. That was wrong and he paid for that. Meanwhile Trump is currently plagiarizing his slogan.

Also, Trump is one of the most disingenuous politician of all. He has changed his stances 180 degrees on many things from abortion, to health care, to the Republican Party. Remains to be seen if he will pay for his misdeeds.

Sure it matters. Now let's apply the same standards to Trump's lies and disinformation that occur on a daily basis and not 35 years ago.

Sure it matters. Now let's apply the same standards to Trump's lies and disinformation that occur on a daily basis and not 35 years ago.

Sure, but you don't have to go back 35 years for either of them. Fwiw, I don't really care much what either of them said 35 years ago. I'd rather focus on what they're saying this election cycle.

Yeah pulling up interviews that old doesn’t really serve a purpose. I would hope people’s opinions would evolve.

Now major events like the Crime Bill and the Central Park 5 are still fair game and should be discussed.

Yeah pulling up interviews that old doesn’t really serve a purpose. I would hope people’s opinions would evolve.

Now major events like the Crime Bill and the Central Park 5 are still fair game and should be discussed.

Agreed. Those were definitely landmark events, which remain consequential even today. Fwiw, I thought a lot of people who supported the crime bill meant well, but didn't forsee what that bill would actually mean in practice.

Still fair game though.

I agree Dave.

And that is why Biden saying it was a mistake is a good thing,

I believe it was well intended. But as the saying goes - The path to hell is paved with good intentions. But admitting mistakes shows growth and introspection. Qualities that should be pre-requisite to being the President

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom