Should there be presidential debates for this election? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheRealTruth

Reaction score
    I am starting to hear it being floated by some that there should not be any debates for this presidential election?

Is there a precedent for this?

You would also think both sides would be champing at the bit to get at each other for various stances and to set themselves apart from each other.

Some are suggestion there shouldn't be any debates.
    Who?

Edit: I see that Pelosi said he shouldn't, but with the caveat "Don't tell Joe Biden." I don't think she's seriously suggesting there shouldn't be debates. More that Trump doesn't deserve one, but they'll give it to him anyway.

Only interested if both are forced to speak solely about policy deliverables in specifics... and with timelines....

Not interested in another reality TV finger pointing shirt show...

Last edited:
    It would have to non-partisan fact checkers so I am not sure were we find those because I have not seen any.
    Then use two. I take it you don't find factcheck.org to be a non-partisan fact checking site? I would go with factcheck.org as one of them. Is there not a reputable factcheck site that has a right lean? Obviously you can't take anything that trump says at face value.

Then use two. I take it you don't find factcheck.org to be a non-partisan fact checking site? I would go with factcheck.org as one of them. Is there not a reputable factcheck site that has a right lean? Obviously you can't take anything that trump says at face value.
    I don't find many fact checking site reputable. The fact we have to have two fact checking sites in play for a debate and the question if there is not a 'right leaning' fact checking site, to me, demonstrates the fact checking sites are not really fact checking sites but political sites and probably should not be labeled 'fact checking' at all.

I don't find many fact checking site reputable. The fact we have to have two fact checking sites in play for a debate and the question if there is not a 'right leaning' fact checking site, to me, demonstrates the fact checking sites are not really fact checking sites but political sites and probably should not be labeled 'fact checking' at all.

It sounds more to me that you just dislike facts. Especially since they have such a liberal bias these days.

It would have to non-partisan fact checkers so I am not sure were we find those because I have not seen any.

Well verifiable fact can never be partisan - if Trump says that he brokered a deal and the deal was signed during the Obama administration would you agree that it was a lie ?

Yes, we should have debates. We will have debates. They will be pointless. I doubt they sway anybodies votes.

The reason that we should have them is so that we maintain the tradition for the sake of future elections when it will be more substantive and informative.

Yes, they should debate. I don't see a health reason why they shouldn't. Maybe there won't be a crowd. Moderators are a mile away anyway. The two debaters can keep 20 feet apart.

You just probably can't do a town hall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom