Senate Election Thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly, I don't think the AA electorate ever forgot or forgave Bernie for how he handled President Obama, particularly during his first term. Obama was wildly popular with the party (still is) and even moreso popular with AAs (still is) and Bernie was out there advocating for him to be challenged in a primary. It was politically shortsighted on his part, even if he believed he was speaking on principle. Which sucks, because the man has a tremendous track record of supporting my community. But, my community loved/loves President Obama, wanted him elected, wanted him re-elected and at a time when the President needed more supporters than detractors, Bernie came across as disloyal. All of that rhetoric should have been kept behind closed doors, not aired out on C-Span.
    I agree with this, but Bernie's problem was also that he would never win over independents with his platform. Unfortunately, it would have worked against him, which is why Trump pulled for him so much.

Tillis has been somewhat critical of Trump. Hence he is polling under Trump by a few points (he will not get a significant amount of Democrats). NC will be a close race at top of ticket but if Tillis cannot shore up more of the Trump vote he will lose fairly easily.
    It's why I thought the Barrett nomination might help Tillis by allowing him to support Trump in a high profile media story, but so far it does not look like that is happening.

What has he been critical of Trump on to be serious enough to have that deficit with Trump voters? Asking seriously. I haven't payed much attention to him, but I can't remember anything where I remember him really stepping out on anything to make himself noticeably independent of Trump.

What has he been critical of Trump on to be serious enough to have that deficit with Trump voters? Asking seriously. I haven't payed much attention to him, but I can't remember anything where I remember him really stepping out on anything to make himself noticeably independent of Trump.
    He was rather vocal in his criticism of Trump's use of executive orders, he also wrote a well-publicized piece opposing Trump's funding of the border wall. I believe, not sure, that he has backtracked on both of those - but he was primaried from the right, and I think all that has hurt him.

Some polling from RCP
    SC - latest poll NYT/Siena has Graham +6
    NC - Cunningham has fallen from +6 to +2.5 using last 4 polls.
    CO - Hick polled +9 in only poll.

north cackalakey has a bunch of new Englanders and west coasters moving there for the triangle.

East coast stompin
    Rippin and rompin
    New York, North Cackalacka, and Compton

(Sorry, I learned that this verse from Scenario was referring to North Carolina exactly zero minutes before I started my reply)

I think the latest Emerson poll out of North Carolina is the first legitimate good news piece Republicans have seen in well over a month. It has Cunningham up only 1, and has Trump tied with Biden.

Could be an outlier or could be the first evidence of the tightening a lot of people have predicted.

I think the latest Emerson poll out of North Carolina is the first legitimate good news piece Republicans have seen in well over a month. It has Cunningham up only 1, and has Trump tied with Biden.

Could be an outlier or could be the first evidence of the tightening a lot of people have predicted.

I don't have any idea how many out there will do this, but I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more people voting different down ballot than they do at the top if you're a Republican. So I tend to think the final results for the Senate will be super close. I'm thinking we'll see a 50-50 or 51-49 split with the Republicans keeping the Senate majority by a hair.

The Cunningham polling looks like a trend to me. I still think he is going to lose due to the affair. He has dropped from +6 to mid 2s over the two weeks.

Biden consistently polls 48-50 in NC and he is at 48 with this new poll. The change, Trump voters are starting to admit it to pollsters. Trump won NC by 3.6% in 2016. It will be close either way.

Susan Collins has to go.

She's finished. Stuff like that is the nail in her coffin. Also, Al Gross in Alaska is making a push and is supposedly tied (although Alaska suffers from a lack of quality polling). The latest hit against his opponent is that he does business with the Chinese government.

Holy shirt!!! What the hell did I just read?

My wife knows a teacher here that is a die hard QAnon believer. I told my wife if our kid was in her class I’d go to the school and demand to have my child moved.

These people are delusional and dangerous. All it’s going to take is for Q to tell them the only way to save their students from the Satanic Pedophiles is to poison some cookies and feed them and at least some of them will do it. These people are Jim Jones followers types. I wouldn’t feel safe with my kids around them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom