Senate Election Thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

CNN just reported that Perdue is pulling out of his final debate with Ossoff on Sunday.

He plans on appearing with Trump instead. Good move or not?
    The damage is already done and clearly Tillis doesn’t have an answer for the points made by Ossoff. Giving Ossoff one more shot at him with raising Covid cases does nothing for Tillis. Showing up with Trump in front of a friendly crowd is better press than losing a debate again.

The damage is already done and clearly Tillis doesn’t have an answer for the points made by Ossoff. Giving Ossoff one more shot at him with raising Covid cases does nothing for Tillis. Showing up with Trump in front of a friendly crowd is better press than losing a debate again.

Perdue, but I agree.

This is sentiment posted by the editor of a fairly well-read (and legitimate - not wackadoodle) conservative news outlet in the low country, South Carolina. If this view is shared by many on the right, Lindsey Graham might be in some very real trouble.

Makes him look scared and weak to me. Ossoff ate his lunch in the little segment I saw, although it was admittedly a small piece of it.

It's not just him.

Republicans as a party need to go. We have reached a point they don't want to have debates, and are all-in on voter suppression. A Republican president refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power. I don't even come to this site much anymore, because there isn't a reason to "debate" conservatives. Mitch has decided to "legislate" from a stacked supreme court. Conservatives have deliberately chosen to not have a functioning democracy. Everyone on this site knows starting Nov. 4, we will hear only about THE DEFICIT.

So...I haven't really dived into the Senate races, but this is probably gonna be more consequential than even the Presidency. What are the numbers looking like with 2 days left before Nov 3rd?

Looking like a 50-50 Senate unless the Dems pull off an upset or two, which means the party that wins the White House may be the one that controls the Senate.

Looking like a 50-50 Senate unless the Dems pull off an upset or two, which means the party that wins the White House may be the one that controls the Senate.

If that's the case, I wonder what the Senate rules are between January 3rd and 20th when the new Congress starts. Does Pence break the tie until then?

Yes he does. He will still be VP at that time.

Indeed. I tend to agree with 50-50. If that does happen, it's gonna be pretty interesting to see how Biden handles a bitterly divided Senate. The Democrats will obviously hold the cards, but it only takes one rogue Senator to tilt the balance. Gonna be interesting for sure.

Indeed. I tend to agree with 50-50. If that does happen, it's gonna be pretty interesting to see how Biden handles a bitterly divided Senate. The Democrats will obviously hold the cards, but it only takes one rogue Senator to tilt the balance. Gonna be interesting for sure.
    Getting to 51 let’s Joe Manchin be a DINO.

Getting to 51 let’s Joe Manchin be a DINO.

True. I think he's gonna be the wild card if there is one. I suspect the House is going to try to push the Senate, but Manchin will be the one to slow their roll a bit. We'll see. I haven't really thought much about blue dog Democrats. It's been a while since they were last relevant.

Just means Kamala would be spending a lot of time on Capitol Hill.

Just means Kamala would be spending a lot of time on Capitol Hill.
    On this point, if Harris is elected VP, that’s one less Senate Democrat. If it’s 50-50, once she was sworn in it would be 50-49. How long until a replacement is seated?

Losing Senate seats is also the reason I don’t think we’d see Sanders or Warren in the cabinet. They both have Republican governors, so they’d likely be replaced by Republicans.

On this point, if Harris is elected VP, that’s one less Senate Democrat. If it’s 50-50, once she was sworn in it would be 50-49. How long until a replacement is seated?

Losing Senate seats is also the reason I don’t think we’d see Sanders or Warren in the cabinet. They both have Republican governors, so they’d likely be replaced by Republicans.

Newsom would name her replacement, which would certainly be a Democrat. That person would probably take over before she is even sworn in. There would then be a special election that a Democrat is sure to win.

Also I doubt any real legislation would come out of the house or any that comes down from the senate will be tabled.

The house should literally do nothing until after Biden is sworn in. They can’t stop judges and the like but they can stop any legislation from reaching Trump

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom