Roger Stone trial set to begin (Update: Stone found guilty on all 7 counts)(Update: Trump commutes sentence) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Jury selection will begin Tuesday morning. Note that Steve Bannon intends to testify for the prosecution.

Roger Stone will go on trial starting Nov. 5 in Washington, the federal judge presiding over the high-profile case said Thursday.

U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson set out a calendar for a two-week trial that will pit the longtime Trump associate against special counsel Robert Mueller on charges Stone lied to Congress and obstructed lawmakers’ Russia investigations.

Stone entered the D.C. courthouse for Thursday’s status hearing uncertain whether he’d face any penalties — including jail — for violating the terms of a gag order restricting his ability to talk about any aspect of the case.

But Stone was spared any punishment after Jackson opened the proceedings saying she didn’t “intend to dwell” on the dispute, which centers on discrepancies over whether Stone mislead the court about plans to rerelease a recent book with a new introduction bashing Mueller’s investigation.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/14/roger-stone-trial-1221289

https://www.law.com/nationallawjour...n-roger-stones-trial/?slreturn=20190931143946

Stone, Bannon, Cohen, Giuliani, Manafort, Spicer? The cast of clowns, misfits, nazis, criminals and characters the president of the Untied States surrounds himself with would be comical were it not so sad and scary.

Sounds like the making of a bad Oliver Stone movie. If he can get Melissa McCarthy to reprise her role as Spicer, I might go.

roger-stone-richard-nixon-tattoo.jpg

This thread gets into the question of Trump's contacts with Stone - and the possibility that Trump lied to Mueller in written responses.

I saw a couple of tweets today as it happened. I guess the defense lawyers were trying pretty hard to not allow Gates to relay what Trump said to him after the phone call.

You think the jury is going to come back today?

It doesn't seem like there's much to deliberate on, IMO.

There are seven counts. The jury has to work through the jury instructions given by the judge to answer each of the seven counts. Sometimes counts have sub-questions that have to be answered before answering the charge.

It can take a while, even with little dissent. But any dissent or confusion can lengthen the process substantially.

There are seven counts. The jury has to work through the jury instructions given by the judge to answer each of the seven counts. Sometimes counts have sub-questions that have to be answered before answering the charge.

It can take a while, even with little dissent. But any dissent or confusion can lengthen the process substantially.
    Thanks. I didn't realize there were that many charges. I thought it was three or four. I've paid little to no attention to this trial - there has been very little reporting on it actually, now that I think about it.

Thanks. I didn't realize there were that many charges. I thought it was three or four. I've paid little to no attention to this trial - there has been very little reporting on it actually, now that I think about it.

It is surprising - particularly given that evidence in the Stone case appears to suggest that Trump lied in sworn written interrogatory responses to the Special Counsel's investigation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom