Republicans (or former Rs) against Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This is gaining momentum, pretty fast, it might be good to keep track of this movement.

This thread is from a thoughtful conservative that I follow on Twitter, and I generally enjoy seeing his takes:

Its a whole thread, so you will have to click on it to see the rest of his posts. I don’t know how to post the entire thread.

He should, but just to be on the right side of history. I don’t see it making a difference. There aren’t that many undecided people left, I don’t think.

He should, but just to be on the right side of history. I don’t see it making a difference. There aren’t that many undecided people left, I don’t think.

Probably not. But, there may be some who don't have a ton of loyalty to Trump who are single issue voters and might be swayed if they learn W is endorsing Biden. People do change their mind sometimes. And there doesn't need to be a ton to help. The margins are thin in some states, and this could potentially tilt the balance.

Anyone see W doing this? Would it matter?

Very remote chance and, if he did it, it would probably be a week or less before the election via written statement as opposed to on-camera. Would it matter? I doubt it. People voting for Trump outside of his cult of personality base have long since determined they can put aside the insanity just to have an R in the White House.

Anyone see W doing this? Would it matter?

IIRC, W has said before he doesn't think it is right for a former president to criticize a sitting g president. Not sure if he has given an endorsement or not.

IIRC, W has said before he doesn't think it is right for a former president to criticize a sitting g president. Not sure if he has given an endorsement or not.

Yeah, I think of all of them, Bush has handled being a former President the best. It seems he's managed to stay above the fray and has just been pretty chill about all of the stuff going on. It seems like he'd rather just chill at his ranch and enjoy his retirement. I don't blame him.

Yeah, I think of all of them, Bush has handled being a former President the best. It seems he's managed to stay above the fray and has just been pretty chill about all of the stuff going on. It seems like he'd rather just chill at his ranch and enjoy his retirement. I don't blame him.

My vote's for Jimmy Carter, but it's good of W to stay low-key.

My vote's for Jimmy Carter, but it's good of W to stay low-key.

Yeah, Carter set the standard for an understated post Presidency. He was always a classy guy. He got a lot of flack, some deserved, some not so much for his term in office. He, both President Bush Sr and W and Reagan all had relatively quiet retirements. Clinton and Obama are younger so their ongoing influence is more pronounced, for better or worse.

I personally prefer Presidents to let their successors do what they have to do and not meddle unless the sitting President is doing something completely out of the realm of normal. We're there, aren't we? :hihi:

I think many are starting to understand that losing that "base" of Trump supporters is offset by gaining in independents and RINOs.

There is a massive shift underway in the general electorate that isnt really reported on, but will be post-election.

Yeah, Carter set the standard for an understated post Presidency. He was always a classy guy. He got a lot of flack, some deserved, some not so much for his term in office. He, both President Bush Sr and W and Reagan all had relatively quiet retirements. Clinton and Obama are younger so their ongoing influence is more pronounced, for better or worse.

I personally prefer Presidents to let their successors do what they have to do and not meddle unless the sitting President is doing something completely out of the realm of normal. We're there, aren't we? :hihi:
    Yeah. I think this convention was the first that Carter spoke and endorsed someone.

I get the "statement" but, for me, thats still putting party over country and i just cant rationalize that.

I really think some of these guys would garner more overall ( both sides incl independents ) support if they would simply tell their folks that they cant afford to allow Trump another 4 years. But i understand that ultimately, they dont want to go against party.

sigh...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom