Republicans (or former Rs) against Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This is gaining momentum, pretty fast, it might be good to keep track of this movement.

This thread is from a thoughtful conservative that I follow on Twitter, and I generally enjoy seeing his takes:

Its a whole thread, so you will have to click on it to see the rest of his posts. I don’t know how to post the entire thread.

Today I learned there is a group called National Security Leaders for Biden

This is an interesting take:

I had several dogs growing up. I grew up in a rural area, so our dogs ran free. We never leashed or caged them. I've never had a dog since I moved out of the rural area, because I don't like the idea of leashing, caging or keeping a dog indoors most of the time. I'd only have a dog in the White House if I could let it run free on the White House grounds all of the time.

Though to me, it's not about having or not having a dog. It's about the why or why not?

Trump doesn't have any pets, because having a pet requires empathy, consideration and responsibility toward another living being. Trump's not capable of that. That's also why he has not helped to raise a single one of his children. As far as I'm concerned, that alone disqualifies him as being president.

I did not realize there was a group of Evangelicals for Biden. This is in a story about a prominent Florida pastor endorsing Biden.

“According to the group’s website, prolifeevangelicalsforbiden.com, it was made up of evangelical leaders including Join Richard Mouw, President Emeritus of Fuller Seminary; John Huffman, Board Chair Emeritus of Christianity Today; Jerushah Duford, pastor Billy Graham’s granddaughter; Ron Sider, President Emeritus of Evangelicals for Social Action; Brenda Salter McNeil, a professor and pastor; and Richard Foster, author of the book Celebration of Discipline.”

I did not realize there was a group of Evangelicals for Biden. This is in a story about a prominent Florida pastor endorsing Biden.

“According to the group’s website, prolifeevangelicalsforbiden.com, it was made up of evangelical leaders including Join Richard Mouw, President Emeritus of Fuller Seminary; John Huffman, Board Chair Emeritus of Christianity Today; Jerushah Duford, pastor Billy Graham’s granddaughter; Ron Sider, President Emeritus of Evangelicals for Social Action; Brenda Salter McNeil, a professor and pastor; and Richard Foster, author of the book Celebration of Discipline.”

Obviously, this isn't Franklin's daughter.

Just saw this thread but this includes me. I’m 37, female, and have voted Republican in every election I’ve ever voted. I haven’t totally made up my mind between Biden and Jorgensen but I will likely be voting for Biden. Trump has been such a disappointment and I will be happy to see him kicked out of office.

Just be aware that voting for Jorgensen does nothing to accomplish this goal.
    I agree, but as background - I voted for Trump purely because I couldn’t stand Hillary. I want a reason to vote for Biden other than “he’s not Trump” because I’m then repeating the same mistake. I’m tired of voting against someone - I want to vote for someone again.

I agree, but as background - I voted for Trump purely because I couldn’t stand Hillary. I want a reason to vote for Biden other than “he’s not Trump” because I’m then repeating the same mistake. I’m tired of voting against someone - I want to vote for someone again.
    This is absolutely how voting should be... although I truly believe re-electing Trump will send this country hurtling into the abyss. The man undermines the civic backbone of this country on a daily basis.

So why would you vote for Jorgensen?

Most people voting for Jorgensen are simply voting against Trump and against Democrats.

Check out the economic predictions regarding Joe's plans. If you aren't a billionaire, I think you'll like them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom