Queen Elizabeth Dies (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

"The queen’s death brings a moment of reckoning for Britain.
    LONDON — The death of Queen Elizabeth II is a watershed moment for Britain, at once incomparable and incalculable.

It marks both the loss of a revered monarch — the only one most Britons have ever known — and the end of a figure who served as a living link to the glories of World War II Britain, presided over its fitful adjustment to a post-colonial, post-imperial era and saw it through its bitter divorce from the European Union."

I liked the queen. In a vague sorta way. Charles, however, 🤢

Well, I feel a strong connection to England. I think when push comes to shove they'll have our back and we'll have theirs*. The Queen knew that IMO and I believe she had a special feeling for America.

* Unless Trump is in office

Last edited:

Biden Orders Flags at Half-Staff as World Reels From Death of Queen Elizabeth II​

The symbolic gesture for ‘a stateswoman of unmatched dignity and constancy’ comes as leaders around the world reflect on the foundational changes the late sovereign oversaw.​

The proclamation specified flags will remain at half-staff until sunset on the day of Elizabeth’s interment. Though that date had not been set as of Thursday afternoon, it likely would follow a 10-day mourning period, according to a fastidiously detailed 2017 report from The Guardian about the plans for the monarch’s eventual death – many of which played out in the hours after the news emerged.

Biden has issued similar proclamations a half-dozen times this year to mark other tragedies of significance to the U.S. and his administration – though each of those only took effect for a day or two. He did so in early July following the assassination of former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, in May to mark the number of Americans who died from COVID-19 exceeding 1 million and for mass shootings in Highland Park, Illinois, on July 4 and at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, in May.

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...-world-reels-from-death-of-queen-elizabeth-ii

ap22251708528447.jpg

didn't you know this was coming?

"If I had been there, I would have been standing next to Charles"
    ============================================

A seating chart published by The Times of London shows those seated apparently arranged in the following order: the queen's family, monarchs, leaders of the Commonwealth, and other world leaders.

The Telegraph reported that leaders of Commonwealth countries were put in front of other leaders "due to protocol."

Biden is not related to the queen, a monarch or a Commonwealth member.

Neither is Trump, therefore his placement would likely have been no different.........

didn't you know this was coming?

"If I had been there, I would have been standing next to Charles"
    ============================================

A seating chart published by The Times of London shows those seated apparently arranged in the following order: the queen's family, monarchs, leaders of the Commonwealth, and other world leaders.

The Telegraph reported that leaders of Commonwealth countries were put in front of other leaders "due to protocol."

Biden is not related to the queen, a monarch or a Commonwealth member.

Neither is Trump, therefore his placement would likely have been no different.........

He just can't help himself. There's no end to his BS.

I posted this on SR, and I'll post it again: I think every country should get rid of the idea that some people are better than most others simply because they are born into a certain inbred family. Those crown jewels paraded with her body, they came from pillaging and plundering other people's lands and treasures for centuries. I don't get some people's fascination with the so-called royals.

I'll add, the world is not reeling from the death of Elizabeth. Plenty of places/countries that don't give a hoot or despise the queen of England.

..................................Those crown jewels paraded with her body, they came from pillaging and plundering other people's lands and treasures for centuries. ..............................

Thank God we never did anything like that. (extreme sarcasm alert)

I remember standing near a bridge we'd been guarding for about 3 days in Vietnam. I think there was my platoon and another platoon from my company. One of the guys in the other platoon had befriended a little girl, about 5, who lived locally. Cute kid. As I was standing there one of our Army trucks came speeding through the village nearby and over the bridge. He killed the little girl. I thought, the Roman chariots are here and we're driving them.

Last edited:
    Thank God we never did anything like that. (extreme sarcasm alert)

I remember standing near a bridge we'd been guarding for about 3 days in Vietnam. I think there was my platoon and another platoon from my company. One of the guys in the other platoon had befriended a little girl, about 5, who lived locally. Cute kid. As I was standing there one of our Army trucks came speeding through the village nearby and over the bridge. He killed the little girl. I thought, the Roman chariots are here and we're driving them.

Ok?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom