QAnon (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    This organisation and its reach is seriously scary. When the head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union openly shows his support of this "organisation" then something is seriously wrong!

The head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union gave a television interview Friday afternoon while sitting in front of a mug emblazoned with QAnon imagery and slogans.

The mug behind Mullins featured the word "QANON" and the hashtag #WWG1WGA, which stands for "where we go one, we go all," a popular slogan among QAnon supporters. At the center of the mug was a large letter Q, which refers to a supposed government insider who, according to QAnon supporters, posts cryptic clues on the Internet about the "deep state."

More than a year ago, the FBI reportedly assessed that QAnon was a dangerous movement that was likely to inspire its most extreme members to commit violent acts of domestic terrorism.

In recent weeks, QAnon supporters have been posting videos of themselves reciting an oath and repeating the "where we go one, we go all" catchphrase that is seen on the mug. They say they are preparing "digital soldiers" for an apocalyptic reckoning, when thousands of "deep state" pedophiles will be arrested and prosecuted at military courts at Guantanamo Bay.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/head-nypd-union-qanon-mug/index.html

A lot of what you say just isn’t true or is speculation. Barr wasn’t making a “prediction”. He said it as if it were fact. Quit making excuses for people who care more about their party and one man than this country.
    What was the date of the interview you posted with Barr? What part of what I said wasn't true or just speculation? Please be specific otherwise your statement just seems like deflection.

Last edited:
    More Qdumb...

Anon Supporter Allegedly Fired Paintballs at Army Reservists, Yelled ‘This Is for America’
    On March 3rd, Olson approached a National Guardsman, stating he was “maybe going to do something crazy stupid tomorrow” and asked them not to shoot him. Shortly thereafter, USCP stopped Olson, who said he wanted to “test the National Guard tomorrow to see if they were loyal to the people or to the President.”
    Olson allegedly reasoned that if the National Guard shot him, he would know they were loyal to the President [ostensibly new POTUS Joe Biden]. They would be loyal to the “people” if they did not shoot him. From the complaint:

What was the date of the interview you posted with Barr? What part of what I said wasn't true or just speculation? Please be specific otherwise your statement just seems like deflection.

It looks like the Barr interview was in September. This report we are now seeing was based on intelligence during this time frame also. Barr doesn’t say he is predicting, he says it matter of factly that China is much more aggressive than Russia about trying to influence our elections. That’s just false, and I believe he knew it at the time. He said it to throw suspicion away from Russia, we can surmise the reason was to please his boss.

I just don’t have the time for a lengthy reply, SFL. I have done that before, only to be ignored by you and/or just get the chuckle emoji. If I thought you would sincerely read and respond it would be different. Just quickly, I take issue with your contention that the US interferes with elections in other countries far worse than Russia does. That is most certainly complete hyperbole. I don’t know what you think Russia is, but it isn’t a good actor in the world. Its people do not enjoy the freedoms we do, and Putin is a stone cold murderer who couldn’t care less about his people. He actively hates the US from what I can tell, and doesn’t deserve to be defended. He has completely looted that country for his own gain. Why do you defend Russia and Putin?

It looks like the Barr interview was in September. This report we are now seeing was based on intelligence during this time frame also. Barr doesn’t say he is predicting, he says it matter of factly that China is much more aggressive than Russia about trying to influence our elections. That’s just false, and I believe he knew it at the time. He said it to throw suspicion away from Russia, we can surmise the reason was to please his boss.

I just don’t have the time for a lengthy reply, SFL. I have done that before, only to be ignored by you and/or just get the chuckle emoji. If I thought you would sincerely read and respond it would be different. Just quickly, I take issue with your contention that the US interferes with elections in other countries far worse than Russia does. That is most certainly complete hyperbole. I don’t know what you think Russia is, but it isn’t a good actor in the world. Its people do not enjoy the freedoms we do, and Putin is a stone cold murderer who couldn’t care less about his people. He actively hates the US from what I can tell, and doesn’t deserve to be defended. He has completely looted that country for his own gain. Why do you defend Russia and Putin?

I would just say we're better at it than Russia is. :9:

I would refute that too, Dave. Russia has been pretty damn good at messing us up here lately. They’re still doing it.
    There's a book I know about this that some people are reading...

But, seriously, if anyone wants to read about election meddling/interference/fixing/whatever, read Rigged by David Shimer. You'll see the difference in how and why both the US and Russia have meddled and do meddle in other countries' elections.

(I really need to catch up. Been feeling kinda under the weather and have been playing Nintendo games instead of reading after focusing all day.)

Do you think Russia is a bigger overall threat than China?

I just don’t have the time for a lengthy reply, SFL. I have done that before, only to be ignored by you and/or just get the chuckle emoji. If I thought you would sincerely read and respond it would be different.
    It doesn't have to be lengthy. You post enough to have plenty of time to make a short reply. I know that's just an excuse for you to not have to be specific. It's much easier to claim something isn't true without saying what's not true.

Just quickly, I take issue with your contention that the US interferes with elections in other countries far worse than Russia does. That is most certainly complete hyperbole. I don’t know what you think Russia is, but it isn’t a good actor in the world. Its people do not enjoy the freedoms we do, and Putin is a stone cold murderer who couldn’t care less about his people. He actively hates the US from what I can tell, and doesn’t deserve to be defended. He has completely looted that country for his own gain. Why do you defend Russia and Putin?
    You can't be serious. Are you really not aware that the US is the world leader is interfering in elections? We are not only the leader, but we also invade other countries & remove their leader by force, and kill their citizens by force. It's important to remember that when some people act like the sky is falling because Russia does to us what we do to many other countries. It's also ridiculous that you would resort to claiming I'm defending Russia when I point out the US role in election interference.

Q: Which country is the biggest election meddler?
    Levin: The U.S. has intervened in the most elections between 1946 to 2000: 81 elections in total, followed by the Soviet Union/Russia with 36 examples of interference. Other countries, such as Iran since 1979, Libya under former dictator Muammar Gaddafi and Venezuela under the late authoritarian leader Hugo Chavez are known to have also to have occasionally intervened in elections.

C. J. Polychroniou: Noam, the US intelligence agencies have accused Russia of interference in the US presidential election in order to boost Trump’s chances, and some leading Democrats have actually gone on record saying that the Kremlin’s canny operatives changed the election outcome. What’s your reaction to all this talk in Washington and among media pundits about Russian cyber and propaganda efforts to influence the outcome of the presidential election in Donald Trump’s favor?

Noam Chomsky:
    Much of the world must be astonished — if they are not collapsing in laughter — while watching the performances in high places and in media concerning Russian efforts to influence an American election, a familiar US government specialty as far back as we choose to trace the practice. There is, however, merit in the claim that this case is different in character: By US standards, the Russian efforts are so meager as to barely elicit notice.

I would refute that too, Dave. Russia has been pretty damn good at messing us up here lately. They’re still doing it.

Not really, most of the stuff we're blaming Russia for are basically self-inflicted. Most of the meddling we do elsewhere doesn't get much press for obvious reasons.

Now, I'm not saying Russia isn't any more of a threat than China, although arguably China presents some national security issues that do indeed rival Russia, particularly in intellectual property theft and cyber warfare.

I think we give Russia way too much credit. They have a ton of problems cropping up on the domestic front, and their people are getting as restless as things have been here. Putin is going to have his hands full keeping power.

Time will tell, but I tend to think the scales are tipping more and more towards China than Russia. They're both security threats, but I think overall, it's China being the greater threat.

To be clear, this isn't a shot at their people. My wife is Asian, son has been dating a Chinese girl for over a year now and we have numerous Chinese friends. But, their government... that's a different story.

don't know how legit this is, but the headline made me laugh
    ===============================

After working for months to advance the baseless conspiracy theory that the voting machine manufacturer Dominion had worked with Venezuela to rig the 2020 presidential election against Donald Trump, former campaign lawyer Sidney Powell is requesting that the election software company drop its defamation lawsuit against her on the grounds that nobody with half a brain could have taken what she was saying as fact.........

But in a Monday court filing, Powell moved to dismiss the complaint against her, arguing through her attorneys that her comments about Dominion were protected under her First Amendment right, and that “no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact.”

“All the allegedly defamatory statements attributed to Defendants were made as part of the normal process of litigating issues of momentous significance and immense public interest,” the motion reads.

It would all be a bit easier to stomach, maybe, had Powell’s very specific claims not been the subject of at least four lawsuits she had filed in key battleground states in order to sway the election in Trump’s favor — all of which were summarily struck down. All in all, Powell and Trump’s other legal lackey, attorney and former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, helped to file at least 61 lawsuits in various U.S. courts on the former president’s behalf, all of which were ultimately tossed out by judges and all of which trafficked in various forms of conspiracy and misinformation............

Sidney Powell Wants Dominion Suit Tossed on the Grounds That What She Was Saying Was Too Stupid to be Believable (msn.com)

SFL, I made a short reply. I did exactly what you asked.

I stand by what I said. The US at one time did what you say, but we have seemingly backed off of the worst types of election interference since the disasters that followed our worst cases. I’m specifically reading about Chile right now. But our interferences never, I repeat, never dwarfed Russia’s interference. To say that is just flat out wrong. They were doing just as much as we were, and in some cases quite a bit more, during that time frame, and they are doing just as much as they can to weaken us today.

I believe that Russia at this moment is a larger threat to US society than China. They are winning the battle, I fear, in sowing deep divisions in our society. They aren’t omnipotent, and I don’t believe they are responsible for every division, but if you fail to see that they are prodding and making things worse every chance they get, I don’t know what to tell you.

China is the larger economic threat and it isn’t even close. Putin does have a weakened economy, due to his own criminal activities. That has nothing to do with his intense desire to see the US suffer the same fate that the USSR suffered.

SFL, you do defend Russia, you do that by minimizing what they do here and abroad. You discount it, you deny it is happening. It’s fine to point out our own failings, but, and I cannot emphasize this enough, it crosses a line when you do that in order to make Russia seem less threatening.

“no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact.”
    well, we all know majority of Trump supporters will never be accused of being a "reasonable" person, so her argument is invalid..lol

A lot of people, especially some who feel they don’t have a home in the Republican party anymore, see the way the party of Trump is in bed with Putin:

don't know how legit this is, but the headline made me laugh
    ===============================

After working for months to advance the baseless conspiracy theory that the voting machine manufacturer Dominion had worked with Venezuela to rig the 2020 presidential election against Donald Trump, former campaign lawyer Sidney Powell is requesting that the election software company drop its defamation lawsuit against her on the grounds that nobody with half a brain could have taken what she was saying as fact.........

But in a Monday court filing, Powell moved to dismiss the complaint against her, arguing through her attorneys that her comments about Dominion were protected under her First Amendment right, and that “no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact.”

“All the allegedly defamatory statements attributed to Defendants were made as part of the normal process of litigating issues of momentous significance and immense public interest,” the motion reads.

It would all be a bit easier to stomach, maybe, had Powell’s very specific claims not been the subject of at least four lawsuits she had filed in key battleground states in order to sway the election in Trump’s favor — all of which were summarily struck down. All in all, Powell and Trump’s other legal lackey, attorney and former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, helped to file at least 61 lawsuits in various U.S. courts on the former president’s behalf, all of which were ultimately tossed out by judges and all of which trafficked in various forms of conspiracy and misinformation............

Sidney Powell Wants Dominion Suit Tossed on the Grounds That What She Was Saying Was Too Stupid to be Believable (msn.com)
    I'm a day late and a dollar short but I found an editorial about the same thing. With this admission, she's basically admitting that she's liable in the Dominion suit and that she should be disbarred by however many courts have her in line to face the disciplinary committee. How could she be THIS forking stupid. One of the quoted tweets in this link is from the daughter of someone whose mother bought Powell's lies hook, line and sinker and turned her into a lunatic. It really pisses her off and it should. Sidney Powell should be charged with election tampering on top of the civil suit and disbarment she is facing. She is straight up admitting that she knew all along that what she was saying is total crap and that she never believed any of it. Now most of the Republican party has been and still is parroting the bullshirt she filed in her suits and they have no intention of turning back.

Sidney Powell admits her dangerous lies about Dominion really were lies (dailykos.com)

She and everyone else like Lin Wood who have been peddling this garbage for months should face charges as part of the incitement of the INSURRECTION that occurred on 1/6. Without their giving these conspiracies legitimacy by filing suits that they knew were bogus, the thousands of people who showed up at the Capitol that day wouldn't have been so snowed that they came from all over the country to "stop the steal" of an election the knew was never stolen. That goes for Guiliani, Elliss, and even - and most importantly - Donald Trump. The damage these people did to our country could end up being irreversible and we have no one but these people who were complicit in giving the lies legitimacy by filing suits and talking incessantly about it on any moronic "news network" that has low enough standards to even put them on the air for convincing these INSURRECTIONISTS that what they were saying was the Absolute, capital T, Truth.

Last edited:

They don't really have to argue the claims were believable, just that people believed them....right? That kind of the point of a defamation suit - you are saying things that aren't true (in a nutshell).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom