Presidential Debate #2? (Update: canceled for now) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    The CPD announced this morning that a "virtual" debate would be preferred for the next squaring off between Trump and Biden, driven by Covid concerns. Trump quickly denounced the idea and said he wouldn't participate. There is a history of this kind of debate - Nixon and Kennedy debated from separate locations in 1960, and Reagan and RFK had a remote/virtual debate in 1967.

I refuse to tune in, of course- but i did see a short clip just now on another channel of Guthrie questioning Trump about Qanon.. He literally claimed to know nothing about them, except that “they are against pedophilia”, which he said twice in the short clip.. i was really hoping that Guthrie would respond with a ‘Duh- besides Jeffrey Epstein, who the **** ISNT against pedophilia ??”.. but alas, she did not.
    He refused to say Democrats aren’t running a Satanic pedophile ring. :confused:
    Trump doesn't have to know anything about QAnon to know whether or not he is leading an operation to take down a Satanic pedophilia crime ring. He either is or isn't. And no one who's ever questioned him has asked him this simple question:

"Are you currently leading an operation to take down a Satanic pedophilia crime ring?" The entire QAnon conspiracy is based on that foundation. Ask that question of Trump without mentioning anything about QAnon.

Last edited:
    I think he is doing a solid job and exceeding my low expectations. Biden is giving details while coming of as a decent man. The format is so much better than having Trump interrupt every time Biden talks. He has handled the tough questions well. I think America is could do well with a decent man.
    I saw this tweet being retweeted and at first I thought it was someone expressing the same sentiment, "Here's a thoroughly decent man engaging with people":

Then I found out that's a senior advisor for the Trump campaign. Who thinks that's a bad thing? Good grief.

I saw this tweet being retweeted and at first I thought it was someone expressing the same sentiment, "Here's a thoroughly decent man engaging with people":

Then I found out that's a senior advisor for the Trump campaign. Who thinks that's a bad thing? Good grief.

Yeah! Look at that guy, looking all calm, and knowledgeable, giving thoughtful answers directly to people. What a loser.

Where's the hyperbole and meaningless phrases? Where's the energy? Where's the win win win?

It's just a 'retweet' is such a cop out answer. A few posters here wanted to know why Biden and Harris were 'lionizing' certain folks, but the Presidents does the same thing with all kinds of crazy nonsense on his 'uge' social media platform.

It's just a 'retweet' is such a cop out answer. A few posters here wanted to know why Biden and Harris were 'lionizing' certain folks, but the Presidents does the same thing with all kinds of crazy nonsense on his 'uge' social media platform.

its not even an answer. Its a deflection. He cant answer because if he does, he is pulling back the curtain himself.

The fact that the President of the United States, when asked if Democrats were running a Satanic Pedophile ring answered "I don't know and you don't know either" is beyond staggering. The fact that I woke up this morning to just another day in the news cycle after that shows how far this lunatic has taken us down the rabbit hole. For any other politician (not even President) we'd be a few pages into discussing it and it would be all anyone on the news was talking about this morning. With this mentally ill windbag, it's just a side note.

Good lord.

We'd be much better off if more people were like Mr. Rogers
    =============================================

Mr. Rogers started trending on Twitter on Thursday after senior Trump campaign adviser Mercedes Schlapp tweeted that watching ABC's town hall with Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden was similar to watching an episode of the famous children's television show "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood."

"Well @JoeBiden @ABCPolitics townhall feels like I am watching an episode of Mister Rodgers Neighborhood," Schlapp tweeted, misspelling the late TV icon Fred Rogers's last name.

Schlapp was one of several on Twitter who claimed ABC George Stephanopoulos asked Biden easier questions than NBC moderator Savannah Guthrie did of President Trump, who appeared in a town hall that ran at the same time as Biden's event.

Many Twitter users, however, fired back at Schlapp, saying it was not really an insult to compare Biden to the longtime children's show host, who promoted messages of kindness and patience to young audiences throughout the show's run from 1968 to 2001.

Democratic strategist and former Hillary Clinton senior adviser Zac Petkanas tweeted, "Pretty telling that this crew thinks Mr. Rogers is the bad guy."...........................

This won't go over well with someone.

He lost the ratings and he was on three different networks instead of just one?

nelson.gif

(I forgot we weren't supposed to do gifs or whatever, but I'll take the hit on this one if necessary)

He lost the ratings and he was on three different networks instead of just one?

(I forgot we weren't supposed to do gifs or whatever, but I'll take the hit on this one if necessary)
    And here in the Los Angeles market it wasn't even head to head. Biden aired live at 5pm and Trump aired at 8pm on NBC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom