Potentially dangerous political situations: Family in car inadvertently finds itself in the middle of a protest. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheRealTruth

Reaction score
    We have all seen this happening. Most recently with a Toyota Prius that found itself in the middle of a protest, people around the car started to hit the car and attempt to open the doors and pull the driver out and he sped off. Then a truck that was with the protesters sped up to cut off the car and attacked the driver.

What should people or families do that find themselves driving up on a protest and the people in the protest start to become violent and striking the car or attempting to pull the passengers out of the car?

Don’t drive into protests?

This is just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just like kids being shot in school are acceptable collateral damage for the second amendment, these isolated events are acceptable collateral damage for the First.

The Toyota Prius in question didn't "find itself in the middle of a protest", the driver deliberately tried to drive through a crowd of people. What to do in that situation? Take a right and not drive through a crowd of people? That would seem to be the obvious option.

Regardless, it's a weird premise for a thread that implies the unusual situation is far more common than it is.

The Toyota Prius in question didn't "find itself in the middle of a protest", the driver deliberately tried to drive through a crowd of people. What to do in that situation? Take a right and not drive through a crowd of people? That would seem to be the obvious option.

Regardless, it's a weird premise for a thread that implies the unusual situation is far more common than it is.

I was waiting for the obligatory Chevy Chase Vacation meme.

If a street is filled with people, like flood waters, steer clear. its that simple.

yet we routinely see stranded cars in the midst of 3-4 ft of water, stalled out.

I was waiting for the obligatory Chevy Chase Vacation meme.

If a street is filled with people, like flood waters, steer clear. its that simple.

yet we routinely see stranded cars in the midst of 3-4 ft of water, stalled out.

So we need daily protest reports like we get weather reports.. gotcha.

First time I have seen a conservative driving a Prius.

So we need daily protest reports like we get weather reports.. gotcha.

if you need daily reports to see what is directly in front of you, then you need to have your license revoked.

Everyone makes decisions. Everyone who makes a decision, has to live with the consequences. Hard as some might to eschew that responsibility, you simply cannot. Its your decision. Own it.

Is there a video or news report of this situation you’re referring to? I haven’t seen or heard of this particular situation and I’d like to know more about what transpired.

First time I have seen a conservative driving a Prius.

You're right, only real conservatives roll coal. Driving a Prius is a liberal political statement. Everyone knows this as fact. With the sarcasm out of the way, I personally know multiple Republicans that live here in good ole Louisiana that drive a Prius. If you were to go to California, which has what...the third largest voting block of Republicans in the country...you'd see tons of conservatives driving a Prius. Just like you'll see liberals driving pickup trucks or sports cars. The vehicle you drive isn't a definition of your political views unless that person personally decides it is.

Thank you to everyone for confirming that large protest crowds are dangerous situations and that people should avoid them. They clearly are not peaceful and you are telling people to avoid them, as they should also avoid flooded roads because they are dangerous as well.

Thank you to everyone for confirming that large protest crowds are dangerous situations and that people should avoid them. They clearly are not peaceful and you are telling people to avoid them, as they should also avoid flooded roads because they are dangerous as well.
    I guess you win?

?
    If people were trying to open the doors to my car and pull me out, generally I think I'd probably shoot at them if I had a gun and try to fight/escape if I didn't... Whatever I think gets me out of that situation the quickest..

Is there a particular conversation that you're trying to have about this?

This is a '2+2 = 5' type response. That's not what everyone has said. But thank you for making it clear that this entire thread is a grasping-at-straws style effort at a 'gotcha'.

The fact is, driving a car through a large crowd of people is a dangerous thing to do. Inherently, and obviously, so. It's dangerous because you could run someone over if they can't get out of the way or you don't see them. People - any people - will react badly to that. If a driver tries to drive through a group of people in pretty much any situation - over a crosswalk that still has people on it, down a crowded sidewalk - they will tend to react badly. This is not because they're not peaceful, or because they're zealots for traffic law, it's because the idiot driver is endangering their lives.

Which is why the advice to "what to do" in that situation is pay attention, don't be stupid, and don't endanger people by entering that situation in the first place. If you did enter that situation, stop your car, apologise, and ask for assistance to safely exit.

All of which is obvious and really shouldn't need to be explained to anyone old enough to drive.

This is a '2+2 = 5' type response. That's not what everyone has said. But thank you for making it clear that this entire thread is a grasping-at-straws style effort at a 'gotcha'.

The fact is, driving a car through a large crowd of people is a dangerous thing to do. Inherently, and obviously, so. It's dangerous because you could run someone over if they can't get out of the way or you don't see them. People - any people - will react badly to that. If a driver tries to drive through a group of people in pretty much any situation - over a crosswalk that still has people on it, down a crowded sidewalk - they will tend to react badly. This is not because they're not peaceful, or because they're zealots for traffic law, it's because the idiot driver is endangering their lives.

Which is why the advice to "what to do" in that situation is pay attention, don't be stupid, and don't endanger people by entering that situation in the first place. If you did enter that situation, stop your car, apologise, and ask for assistance to safely exit.

All of which is obvious and really shouldn't need to be explained to anyone old enough to drive.
    C'mon, man. Everyone knows you shouldn't drive into a crowd at a farmer's market, because farmer's markets "are dangerous situations and that people should avoid them. They clearly are not peaceful ..."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom