NYC Gay pride parade security (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveXA

Reaction score
    So apparently, the big gay pride parade in NY has basically told the NYPD that they don't want them attending or providing security for the parade and that they're hiring their own private security firm.

Good idea, bad idea? What say you?

I get why they're doing it, but I'm not sure it's going to actually help anything. But I dunno.

It’s not what you asked, but it’s really awful they still have to have security.

On topic - I am speaking from literally zero experience, but I feel like hiring your own is a more “tailored” experience. Wouldn’t you still have to have a police presence?

I think the organizers need to learn to play the game.
    A half-mill or so to the "Policeman's Benevolent Society" and any counter protesters wind up in the ER.

I think the organizers need to learn to play the game.
    A half-mill or so to the "Policeman's Benevolent Society" and any counter protesters wind up in the ER.
    Lol, I'd be ok with that. But instead, they're alienating the LGBTQ folks who are actually cops. Iirc, there are over 2k of them in the NYPD. I'm not really understanding their strategy here.

I get the problems with the NYPD and policing in general, but hiring private security seems like a bad idea, imho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom