Voting Law Proposals and Voting Rights Efforts (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This is, IMO, going to be a big topic in the coming year. Republicans have stated their aim to make voting more restrictive in just about every state where they have the means to do so. Democrats would like to pass the Voting Rights Bill named after John Lewis. I’m going to go look up the map of all the states which have pending legislation to restrict voting. Now that we have the election in the rear view, I thought we could try to make this a general discussion thread, where people who have concerns about voting abuses can post as well and we can discuss it from both sides. Please keep memes out of this thread and put them in the boards where we go to talk about the other side, lol.

An anonymous group named “Ben Sent Us” has sent threatening letters to Democratic officials in Arizona and posted flyers and stickers throughout the state with a warning: “We are watching you.”

“Retirees with nothing else to do” will file “hundreds” of lawsuits alleging voter fraud, according to the letter. “They will be locating your homes, your social media profiles and pictures and posting them online.”

Judges who are allegedly complicit in what the group perceives as election fraud “will be considered a traitor and dealt with accordingly, as will you,” the letter reads.

An image on the group’s website includes a picture of a noose. One video depicts a man being hanged with text sending a warning to the viewer: “When you’re texting, we are watching. When you’re making the drop, we are watching.”

Ben Sent Us is mentioned several times in two federal lawsuits from Arizona groups alleging masked and armed “vigilantes” and other far-right activists are baselessly accusing voters of committing fraud while photographing them and their vehicles in an effort to stop them from casting their absentee ballots at government drop boxes…….

Donald Trump and his allies are reportedly preparing challenges to 2022 midterm elections, raising baseless claims of voter fraud that fuelled his failed attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

The former president has reportedly convened a series of in-person meetings and conference calls with allies and officials in battleground states to prepare for legal challenges to upcoming elections that could determine the balance of power in Congress ahead of the 2024 presidential election.

Pro-Trump factions, right-wing legal groups and GOP activists have attended meetings coordinated by the former president to discuss “scorched-earth legal tactics” that could throw elections into chaos, according to Rolling Stone, citing four people familiar with the meetings……

Donald Trump and his allies are reportedly preparing challenges to 2022 midterm elections, raising baseless claims of voter fraud that fuelled his failed attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

The former president has reportedly convened a series of in-person meetings and conference calls with allies and officials in battleground states to prepare for legal challenges to upcoming elections that could determine the balance of power in Congress ahead of the 2024 presidential election.

Pro-Trump factions, right-wing legal groups and GOP activists have attended meetings coordinated by the former president to discuss “scorched-earth legal tactics” that could throw elections into chaos, according to Rolling Stone, citing four people familiar with the meetings……

More of the same old BS and shenanigans as the 2020 elections. The voter intimidation and fake fraud accusations are criminal. Fork those idiots.

Trumpers and their ilk have no shame or credibility.

This is Trump’s playbook. We’re a third rate democracy now because of Trump.

Meanwhile a 49-49 split in Wisconsin will net repubs a super majority. Let's face it we re very on our way to illiberal democracy.

They’re trying very hard. I still have some hope though.

I did some phone banking last night for a state D candidate and heard some real frustration with Rs in a state with an R super-majority state legislature.

Two things happened this year, IMO, that show how far Rs have gone on the extremist scale: all of our police organizations came and told the legislators not to pass permitless carry and they did it anyway. And almost every physician organization as well as a whole lot of prominent physicians asked them not to pass a strict abortion ban (as well as the state Chamber of Commerce). They did it anyway.

They obviously are not listening to their constituents and the anger is out there. People noticed it. These are not D organizations who were telling them what they were doing was extreme. They are so arrogant they think they can just do whatever they want no matter what the majority of the people of the state think.

I don't believe it's possible for ANYONE to organize and engage in mass ballot fraud.

The idea that anyone could decide they want to cheat in an election, and that they are willing to risk going to jail for such fraud I believe is possible. The idea that they could somehow organize enough people to do that, and that not ONE PERSON would say no, or report them to the authorities is simply not possible. There were, what, a dozen or so individuals who were involved in the Watergate action, and they couldn't get away with it. There were less involved in the Iran/Contra affair, and they couldn't keep it secret. Hell, Bill and Monica were the only two people in a room, and did something legal, and they couldn't keep it secret.
    All it would take is a few dozen believers at key locations in battleground states. It could be done.

Sorry, Dave, I know this is unthinkable to someone like you, but your opinion isn't worth shirt. ;)
    Neither is yours, then.

You should also describe what you mean by “someone like you” when you are addressing Dave.

All it would take is a few dozen believers at key locations in battleground states. It could be done.
    So tell us how these ‘few dozen believers’ could manipulate over 100,000 ballots across 5 states? Knowing, as you do, that states have barcoded the ballots and that they match the ballots to registered voters? And that they check the signatures?

Neither is yours, then.
    Sure it is. I actually acknowledge my opinions. Dave doesn't. You don't get to tell me something you don't know for a fact, and vice-versa.
    You should also describe what you mean by “someone like you” when you are addressing Dave.
    Leftists. When I say "someone like you" I mean leftists, unless I specify something else.

So tell us how these ‘few dozen believers’ could manipulate over 100,000 ballots across 5 states? Knowing, as you do, that states have barcoded the ballots and that they match the ballots to registered voters? And that they check the signatures?
    Fake ballots. You get believers to load the trucks with fake ballots, you get believers to receive the fake ballots and you get believers to count the fake ballots. Sure, it sounds like a real pain in the arse but I think there'd be enough motivated people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom